• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Ultimatum

Ultimatum

Duranium Lord

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,759 posts

So companies that, instead of producing stuff, offers a service are what I looking into. What are their Tier limitations?

I am almost certain that this question has been asked before, given that I have seen companies like this before. But I thought to ask because I could not see any answer. Thank you for your time.

Vulpesen

Vulpesen

The Hermit King

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 9,683 posts

I run a Security company, based around service rather than product, and as far as I know, there's nothing stopping me from reaching tier 6.

Ultimatum

Ultimatum

Duranium Lord

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,759 posts

But how does Tier help or hinder?

Vulpesen

Vulpesen

Vulpesen

The Hermit King

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 9,683 posts

In my case, i believe I'm more likely to have resources, and areas I can work in. As a security company, part of my expansion is with precincts. By expanding in tier, I can have more precincts which gives me more bases of operations. This cuts down on response time, and gives me safe houses if my clients need a haven.

Ultimatum

Ultimatum

Ultimatum

Duranium Lord

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,759 posts

Okay, that makes sense, I think that covers the question I had. Thanks. Vulpesen

Vulpesen

Vulpesen

The Hermit King

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 9,683 posts

No problem.

Asaraa Vaashe

Asaraa Vaashe

Who am I?

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 846 posts

Ultimatum

In addition, the larger your company, the more resources you have. So if you had to go after a pirate fleet for example being able to field a bigger fleet wouldn't be a bad thing.

Danger Arceneau

Danger Arceneau

M'onnok Fork

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 5,542 posts

So companies that, instead of producing stuff, offers a service are what I looking into. What are their Tier limitations?

There are no tier limitations in terms of what they can do or how to roleplay them. 

I am able to turn every interaction into some sort of business contract, agreement, networking, construction of facilities, hiring of new personnel,an auction, and expo, a fundraiser --- literally any thread can be used to market a service company. 

I'd say it is easier to tier up service companies than straight up production companies that focus on contracts on products, but that's just me.

Granted, I enjoy tiering up companies so it is pretty easy for me to tier up service companies like ATC,Southern Systems Business Bazaar, Yum Bunnies Restaurants, etc. 

Enjoy and have fun; service companies are a blast. 

Ultimatum

Ultimatum

Duranium Lord

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,759 posts

You've got me pumped to do this Danger Arceneau. Thanks!