OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A fancy new replacement arm for Adrian Vandiir that arguably crosses the moral event horizon.
- Image Source: tvlookplay [X]
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: Sith Alchemy, Sith Sorcery, & Sithspawn | Sith Amulet & Sith Sword.
- Manufacturer: House of Progress | Adrian Vandiir
- Model: Arm of the Forceweaver
- Affiliation: Adrian Vandiir
- Modularity: No.
- Material: Alchemically altered flesh, sinew, and bone, alongside a healthy dose of Sorcery.
- Grown from Adrian's own tissue, as well as various other (unspeakable) sources, the arm is perfectly moulded to fit his form.
- Formed from the "perfection" of the Dark Side, the arm normally appears immaculate, almost excessively so, as it is entirely without any of the blemishes and flaws that are the hallmark of natural beings. It is possible for Adrian to (slowly) sculpt its form in order to make aesthetic changes, but that is about the extent of it.
- Innately connected to the Dark Side, the arm is able to be used as a conduit of Force energies, though more powerful usage will reveal its true (and horrifying) form for all to see.
- Born of the vilest of Alchemy and Sorcery, the arm is unnaturally strong, fast, and durable, as well as able to regenerate, though its capabilities in that regard are not on par with anything remotely resembling something like a Gen'dai.
- A result of its Dark Side origins, the arm has its own presence in the force, which is normally intermixed with Adrain's. On its own, it could be described as a gaping maw of deathly cold darkness, with searing hot streams of raw energy pouring through its bowels.
- Better, Faster, Stronger: As is to be expected by a limb grown through the vilest of Alchemy and Sorcery, the arm is considerably stronger, faster, and more durable than that of a baseline human. As an added bonus, the Dark Side fuelled flesh and bone has a tendency to knit itself together unnaturally quickly, so long as the appendage is not in a force nullification zone.
- Arm of the Forceweaver: Created to serve as an extension of his will, Adrian moulded the arm to suit his particular needs. Being a sorcerer, not a conventional warrior, the arm is designed to function as a living conduit of Force energies, greatly amplifying his power and control over the Dark Side, especially when the energy is channelled directly through the arm itself.
- Born of the Dark: While there is great power in the Dark Side, there are also a number of weaknesses. The sheer unnaturalness of the arm makes it difficult to prevent it from being sensed through the force, though it is able to fool most medical and technological sensors, as well as most visual observation. When great power is channelled through it, however, the horrible truth is revealed, with lines of dark energy visibly swirling under the cracked and shifting flesh. Only the most intricate of sorcery could possibly hope to conceal its presence in this state.
- Abomination unto the Light: As a result of its unnatural origins, the arm is highly vulnerable to Force Light. Unless blocked, a sufficiently powerful burst would cause the Dark Side-infused flesh to slowly and painfully disintegrate. As an added note, its mere presence is likely to invoke intense distrust in lightsiders (and even some darksiders) that sense it, as most of them would consider the arm and its creator an abominable violation of the natural order, on par with (or worse than) full-blown Sithspawn.
- Nurtured by the Force: While unlikely to do any harm in the short-term, long-term exposure to force-nullification zones will cause rapid cell death in the arm, effectively rendering it completely inert and unable to regenerate on its own in a few days time, with considerably less time required to start impeding its functionality. Unlike Force Light, this would not destroy the arm outright, as it could be returned to functionality through a time-consuming sorcerous ritual.
- Touched by the Dark: As is to be expected when alchemically altering one's own form, the very presence of the arm drives Adrian to greater and greater depravities in his quest to fulfil his darkest desires and achieve his greatest dreams.
During a "vicious and illegitimate" rebel attack on Dubrullion, Adrian came into conflict with Aten Ramses. At the end of their duel, the Jedi severed the young Sith's right arm cleanly from the shoulder, crippling him and leaving him behind for Sith-Imperial forces to find and recover. After a lengthy stay in a kolto tank, briefly interrupted by spitefully placing a bounty on the man who maimed him, the irate young Sorcerer was provided with a top-of-the-line cybernetic replacement, a solution which deeply disgusted him, as it weakened his potential in the Force and prevented him from using Force Lightning, at least from that limb.
After consulting with several fellow Sith, Adrian set out to create a worthy replacement, wrought from the Dark Side rather than "primitive technological solutions".
The basis for what was to become the arm was grown in a hidden laboratory on Dromund Kaas from Adrian's own tissue, which in turn was spliced with source material from "alternative" sources. From its very beginning, the tissue was alchemically altered, with regular force-infusions and sorcerous rituals along the way to further its growth.
No longer content with a mere replacement, the ambitious young man set out to create something superior, something to turn a grave injury into a mighty boon. The process was long and rife with difficulty, with many an obstacle and setback along the way, but through sheer persistence and a disturbing willingness to make sacrifices on behalf of others, the so-called Arm of the Forceweaver was created.
At the end of the lengthy process, the abominable project had claimed dozens of lives in the form of test subjects and sentient sacrifices, but the worst was yet to come. In order to bring its connection to the Dark Side to the next level, a truly depraved act was carried out as the arm was attached to the eager young Sorcerer's shoulder.
Through the ritualistic sacrifice of a thousand and one victims, largely criminals and delinquents kidnapped by Adrian's heartless myrmidons from frontier systems outside Sith-Imperial space or acquired from Sith-Imperial detention facilities, the blasphemous ceremony solidified the arm's connection to the Dark Side, giving it the distinctive presence in the Force. As man and arm became one, the young Sorcerer could feel raw power coursing through his veins like never before, but at what cost?
Edited by Adrian Vandiir, 23 June 2018 - 10:47 AM.