“Turn your face to the Sun, and the Shadows shall fall behind you.”
Intent: To create a Light Walker for use by the Thyrsian Hierarchy, and by extension the Golden Company.
Image Source: Dragoon, from Starcraft. Redesign made by Casper Wermuth. Artstation Link.
Canon Link: Not Applicable.
Primary Source: Repurposed Canon Articles, Hyperion Solar Lances.
Manufacturer: Republic Engineering Corporation, The Thyrsian Hierarchy, The Golden Company. (Select, and Contracted Foundries.)
Model: TTH-ARW/01 “Nekhbet” - Pattern Aggressive Reconnaissance Walker.
Affiliation: The Thyrsian Hierarchy, The Golden Company, Closed-Market.
Modularity: Yes; Exterior Aesthetics and External Attachments.
Material: Durasteel, Flexisteel, Armourplast, Reinforced Duraplast, Manganese Brass, Agrinium, Glasteel, Dallorian Alloy, Various Walker Components (Internal and External.)
Classification: Light Walker.
Role: Anti-Personnel, Aggressive Reconnaissance, Troop Support.
Size: Average Rating.
Length: 4.5 Metres.
Width: 4.5 Metres.
Height: 3 Metres.
Weight: 12.1 Tonnes or 13.3 Short Tons (Rounded Up.) - Average Rating.
Minimum Crew: One; Integrated Droid Brain.
Optimal Crew: Two; Pilot and Integrated Droid Brain.
Propulsion: Quadrupedal Stabilizer Legs.
Primary Power Plant: Compact Fusion Reactor.
Secondary Power Plant: Solar Ionization Reactor with External Collection Arrays (Retractable Panelling.)
Speed: Fast Rating.
Maximum Speed: 110 Km/H (Flat and Stable Terrain Only.)
Maneuverability: Average Rating.
Armaments: Low Rating.
-  Hyperion Solar Lance [Dual Barreled, Light Variant; Fast-Track Mounting, and Fire-Linked.]
-  Rotary Grenade Launcher Turret (Twelve Canister Capacity, Variable Payload**.)
-  Rotary Blaster Cannon(s) (Chin-Mounted.)
** Variable Payload Includes: Adhesive Grenades, Chemical Load Grenades, ECD/EMP Grenades, Incendiary Grenades, Mag-Pulse Grenades, Radiation Grenades, Thermal Imploders. (Limit One per Walker.)
Defenses: Average Rating.
- Reinforced and Ablative Armour Plating. (Extreme Corrosion and Small Arms Resistance.)
- Reinforced and Armoured Joints. (Exposed Leg Plating.)
- Serrated Legging(s), with Remote Degaussing Modules.
- Integrated Light Deflector Shield. (Overlapped Ray, Particle and Concussion Barriers.)
Squadron Count: Eight Units per Squadron - Low Rating.
Passenger Capacity: No Internal Passenger Capacity.
Cargo Capacity: 200 Kilograms (Survival Gear, Repair and Maintenance Equipment Only.) - Average Rating.
- Walker Classification, [Military-Grade] Servomotors, with Gyroscopic Stabilization System.
- Walker Classification, [Military-Grade] Fusion Drive System(s).
- Walker Classification, [Military-Grade] Primary Fusion Power Plant.
- Walker Classification, [Military-Grade.] Hazard and Damage Control Systems.
- Walker Classification, [Military-Grade.] Life Support System(s).
- Walker Classification, [Military-Grade.] Navigational System(s).
- Walker Classification, [Military-Grade.] Ground-Penetrating Sensors (Navigational Hazards) and Targeting System(s)
- Walker Classification, [Military-Grade.] Communications System, Holonet Transceiver with Encryption/Decryption Networks [Thyrsian Military Encryption Keys.]
- Walker Classification, [Military-Grade.] Environmental Control System(s).
- Integrated Light Deflector Shield (Halved Standard Deflector Strength.)
- Integrated Droid Brain.
- Serrated Legplating and Integrated Remote De-gaussing Module.
- Fast-Track Mountings and Fire-Linked Systems.
- Integrated Droid Brain: With an Integrated Droid Brain; installed with heuristic processors, the Nekhbet was capable of supplementing the Operator’s capabilities through a wealth of accumulated knowledge garnered through successive combat missions. In addition to acting as a co-pilot, the integrated system was able to transfer command function’s over to its control should the Organic being within was knocked unconscious or killed during a combat scenario. Provided the vehicle remained in serviceable status, the limited functionality allowed for the quadrupedal walker to complete its mission before earning a glorious death.
- Integrated Protective Suite: Aside from the integrated deflector generator, the Nekhbet comes with an integrated de-gaussing module that reverses the polarity of the ablative plating, and serrated edges across the entirety of its propulsion armatures. These safeguards bestowed an extreme resistance to tow-cables and magnetically clamped devices, as the sharpened plating would cut through the cabling and the polarity shift would drop whatever device would be attached to the outer hull. Naturally, the operator would have to know about the device in order to manually alter his vehicle’s polarity, but should their senses be directed elsewhere - it was likely to render the vehicle inoperable.
- Solar-Based Weaponry: Although powerful, the lethality of Solar Ionization Cannons was entirely dependent on their access to a tremendous amount of energy; most notably that of a local star, which was further supplemented by the energy housed within a vehicle’s primary power plant. Therefore, should the Nekhbet find itself fighting on battlefields that were bereft of solar radiation, through various means of interference, the Walker’s primary weapon would soon become starved for energy and rendered inoperable until the power reserves were replenished; either through the retractable solar collection arrays or an external generator.
- Exposed and Vulnerable Joints: Even though the Nekhbet’s joints were reinforced, they were the first thing that a prospective combatant would notice about their mechanized targets; meaning that they were exposed and thus vulnerable to various light weapons. With their primary method of propulsion taken from them, the burnished Walker would find it’s combat efficacy hindered - depending on how many legs were taken out of commission. If it was more than two? The Operator would be forced to abandon his vehicle as it would become an immobile target of opportunity.
- Weak(er) Deflector Shielding: With speed and maneuverability being the sole focus of the Nekhbet’s design, it’s defensive systems suffered, as the weight ratio needed to be kept; thus the heavy shield generator was swapped out of a weaker and lighter variant. This barrier wouldn’t be able to withstand as much punishment as a standard generator but was of little concern to an Operator as their speed would be able to more than makeup for their technological shortcomings. While the deflector’s strength varies depending on the weapon used, it was noted that the generator was capable of providing roughly half of a standard shield’s protective capability.
Bathing in the vast hoards of material wealth from being in service to various governments populating the known galaxy, the Golden Company moved to flesh out their available arsenal and armoury; giving the Thyrsian Sun Guard’s a greater mastery over the myriad battlefields across the stars. In this endeavour, the militant organization found itself severely lacking in the force reconnaissance department, rather than the bustling amount of available heavy armour that was at their beck and call. Thus, in conjunction with the technological minds of the Republic Engineering Corporation, the Nekhbet Light Walker found itself marching into active service.
Building upon the successes of the massive Khepri assault walker, the Nekhbet was built on a similar Quadrupedal aesthetic that allowed the vehicle to attain higher speeds than it’s bipedal cousins, and sustain a superior form of stability with four points of earthly contact. Through this design choice, the Nekhbet was able to swiftly maneuver over treacherous terrain and easily navigate the tight quarters found in heavily urbanized environments - which again proved themselves to be better than other variants of light walker’s found within that expansive classification.
However; despite all the claims of greatness the Nekhbet held close to its chest there were several significant drawbacks that would see the vehicle ruined in the line of duty. The first and most notable weakness was the severely diminished deflector generator that was installed into the burnished chassis. While the projected field was able to relatively defend the Nekhbet from harm, it lacked the strength that was found within standard generators of its type - which in turn would collapse under fire at a significantly faster rate. As it’s speed and maneuverability were the prime focus of its design, the architects of the Walker believed that the Operator shouldn’t concern themselves with such a minute factor.
Ideally, they should be able to outrun and outmaneuver their opposition which can result in the increased possibilities of munitions expended in futility.
The other diminishing factors that would eventually defeat the Nekhbet in combat were just as important as the halved shield capacity. With exposed and vulnerable joints presented for all to see, an opportunistic combatant could possibly cripple the Quadrupedal Walker by severing it’s propulsion armatures. In addition to that, the Nekhbet ran the risk of losing out on its primary weapon should the weather turn foul - effectively turning the Light Walker into a glorified and mobile blaster turret.
Thus, with the Nekhbet stalking its way into the Golden Company’s armoury, the Scions of Thyrsus would be able to effectively master the ever-changing aspects of the battlefield.
- Updated OOC Section to Modern Factory Standards.
- Added Hyperion Solar Lances to Primary Sources.
- Reduced Maneuverability rating to Increase Production Value.
- Hyperlinked Materials Listing to Respective Wookieepedia Articles.
- Reduced Ridiculous Dimensions to more Realistic values.
- Replaced Solar Ionization Cannons with Hyperion Solar Lances.
Edited by Khonsu Amon, 08 September 2019 - 10:06 PM.