OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a new and interesting weapon
Image Source: Here
Canon Link: Beskad,
Primary Source: NA
Manufacturer: House Larraq Plate and Blade
Model: Meg'epar Aaray "Pain Eater"
Affiliation: Ember Rekali
- Beskar with Force in Balance Rune Engravings
- (neutral) Force Imbued Lathanide Core and Handle with Crucitorn effect
- (neutral) Force Imbued Beskar / Lathanide Alloy Crossguard with Revitalize effect
- Mono-molecular Edge applied to Beskar blade
- High Density Beskar Pommel Counterweight
- Svolten Rholite treatment to bladed edges
Size: One-handed Sword
Weight: Very Heavy
- Constant mental illusion effect allows the wielder to not feel pain or fatigue
- Causing wounds or mortal injury to a living being generates force energy for the blade
- Lathanide Crystal Core can 'store' force energy
- With minor conscious effort (for a force user) the wielder can will the weapon to expend some of the stored energy from the Lathanide Crystal Core. Expending this energy revitalizes the wielder (or another nearby individual specifically targeted by the wielder) as if his/her body had received food, water, and rest. This effect is physical, rather than mental, and also produces a healing effect on minor injuries
- Exceptionally good at cutting through tough metals and other durable objects
- As a heavy weapon, it is difficult to block this sword
- As a heavy, sharp weapon this sword can cause substantial injury when blows are landed
- In spite of its weight, the weapon is very finely balanced and maneuvers well
- Inhibits the wielder's ability to feel pain
- Gathers "Force Energy" when the blade causes physical injury to a living being or force spirit (not when damaging droids)
- Allows wielder to utilize stored energy to promote minor healing and revitalization effect in himself or another individual nearby
- A heavy weapon, effectively deflecting this sword can unbalance the wielder
- Destroying or removing Pommel Counterweight will dramatically unbalance the weapon
- Not feeling pain can prevent the wielder from being aware of life-threatening injuries
- Not feeling pain can cause detrimental effects, such as preventing the 'recoil' instinctive movement when touching a hot object
- Regenerative effects are not capable of healing severe or life threatening injuries
- The weapon loses any stored energy if exposed to a Force Nullification field
- Enchantment effects are disabled while within a Force Nullification field
A commission for Ember Rekali, the Meg'epar Aaray is a heavy sword primarily made of Beskar. The core of the weapon is a force imbued metallic crystal of Lathanide that makes up the handle and extends two-fifths of the way down the weapon's blade. Anchored to this high density metallic crystal core at the molecular level is a traditional Beskad blade given a mono-molecular edge and treated with Svolten Rholite to maintain the weapon's bladed edge from degrading after use and prevent the need for regular sharpening of the blade, which would eventually degrade the weapon over time. Also secured at the molecular level, the handguard of this weapon is a force imbued alloy of Beskar and Lathanide and helps to secure the blade and crystal core to one another.
The flat of the Beskar blade is engraved with rune carvings using an ancient Taung dialect. Functioning in a similar manner as Sith Runes, these carved words channel and direct the ambient energy of the force in a very specific manner. When the weapon is used to inflict injury upon an individual, the runes within the blade cause a portion of the ambient Living Force energies within the injured individual (and some nearby ambient energy) to be channeled into the weapon. This channeled energy is then stored within the metallic Lathanide Crystal that makes up the core of the blade and the handle of the weapon.
At the discretion of the wielder, the enchantment placed upon the metal alloy of the crossguard activates and channels a portion of the stored energy within the core of the weapon to revitalize and repair the body of the wielder (or another nearby individual). This effect is based upon the will and intent of the wielder and can be triggered in a near instinctual manner that requires no actual skill with The Force to initiate and direct.
The final enchantment placed upon the weapon is infused into the metallic Lathanide crystal that makes up the weapon's handle and the core of the weapon's blade. This enchantment is a static, ambient effect that cannot be deactivated regardless of the will and intent of the wielder. This enchantment, so long as the wielder is holding the weapon, causes a powerful mental illusion effect that causes the wielder of the blade to not feel the effects of fatigue and to feel no pain.
Edited by Mishka Larraq, 29 June 2018 - 08:11 PM.