OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To provide the board with an iconic, hellish, and dark combat unit.
- Image Credit: Image 1 | Image 2
- Role: Shock Cavalry
- Unit Name: The Netherchosen
- Affiliation: Judas Foster
- Classification: Shock Cavalry
- Availability: Unique
- Deployment: Limited
- [+] Fight like Hell: Hailing from some of the most austere, nightmarish environments, the grizzled warriors of the Netherchosen have mastered their craft to the letter. Ferocious combatants, exceptionally skilled riders, and nothing to lose has turned this ragged band of outcasts and criminals into an effective fighting unit. Augmenting their existing skills are Force Wraiths, devastating spectres of the Nether, ravenously tear through foes alongside them.
- [+] Nightmare Fuel: Hardly anything is more terrifying to an infantryman than a visceral charge, even more so if the steeds are on fire and their riders bearing elongated fangs and vicious snarls. Between the carnage sowed by the mortal Chosen, the Wraiths themselves emanate pure evil, leaving nothing in their wake. Those who live to tell the tale of the Netherchosen are thenceforth haunted by nightmares and visions.
- [+] Unbreakable: Despite their harrowed pasts and mental states, many of the Chosen have long since abandoned idealism and hope for life. Throwing themselves into the fervor of battle, losing themselves in the adrenaline, and repeating the cycle has become their eternity. Morale is always high and mental powers/illusions are far less effective on them.
- [-] The Forces of Good: As a warband of low-life brigands, mercenaries, criminals and dark wraiths, the Lightside of the Force has a debilitating effect on the Netherchosen. Direct applications of the Light, such as Force Light, and other similar powers weaken the effectiveness and resolve of the Chosen. The Wraiths themselves can be outright destroyed by the Light. [Note: An absence of the Force itself will cause Wraiths to evaporate into nothingness and for the Azaru mounts to be less effective in combat.]
- [-] Archaic: Bearing the weapons of their home, Hellgast, the Chosen haven't modernized much of their arsenal. Runed Sith swords, repeating crossbows, vibro-shields, and other polearm weapons are their staple armament. In comparison to the lasers and orbital cannons of the galaxy, this weakness may have dire consequences.
- [-] Sundering Sonic: Something about sonic weaponry and wavelengths has an astounding effect on the Wraiths. Powerful sonic weapons are extremely effective against the devastating, spectral warriors.
- [-] Presence: Evil is difficult to hide. The aura of the Netherchosen is an unmistakable one, leaving any options of stealth out of the question. More so, tracking the Chosen after an engagement is easier for those that feel the Force.
A realization of loneliness. He couldn't fight everything all by his lonesome, even the Gods themselves called upon the mortals for aid in times of strife. Judas, the fabled warrior, was no different than those that had come before him. The most renowned and legendary of combatants still fielded massive armies to annihilate their foes, or to occupy the territory that had been gained in conquest.
Stringently, the man began to develop and nurture a burgeoning band of warriors. Upon the world of Safe Haven, the city of Hellgast was bitterly recalled by its hard-nosed and fearsome populace. Vile brigands, mercenaries, and criminals they all were. Men and women hardened by the rigors of everyday survival, living beneath the underlords, and tempered by the realization of their own loneliness. Just like Judas.
He came to them in the night. The biggest ones were the first to fall, an age-old tactic of asserting dominance while capturing all of the eyes in the room. There was no speech of a bright and glorious future, but of an opportunity to carve their names into the galaxy itself. It was a chance to expunge their hatred in a single, eternal campaign against the rest of the universe. Those that accepted his rallying call became his chosen: the Netherchosen.
The rest of the Chosen came in the form of spectral wraiths, summoned from the nether by Judas himself. The Dark side of the Force heeded his calls after sacrifice, be it through flesh and blood or sacred items, and blessed the man with an ability to summon their aid. These shadowy fiends came in many shapes and sizes, though Judas' favored forms were that of faceless, menacing knights or sinister, bestial abominations that charged their foe on all fours. These dark creatures were devastating in combat, proving to be extremely effective shock troops that augmented the fighting prowess of the mortal Chosen. While unable to utilize the Force in any aspect, the Wraiths solely possess a side-effect of their creation: an aura of uneasiness. The aura does little for allies, though their mere presence is enough to stave off interruption from non-sentient lifeforms or cause the wayward soldier to heed their battle charge.
Their excursions were aimless, erratic. Those that disrespected their might, challenged them to feats of arms, or the richest of their foes were subject to their art: conquest. Overzealous dark warriors, hardened criminals, experienced mercenaries, and even astral spectres of the nether itself fell upon city after city like ravenous dogs. The basest of their desires quenched, the Netherchosen set their sight on their next target.
Edited by Judas Foster, 12 July 2018 - 12:03 AM.