Kylo Ren's Lightsaber
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION:
- Intent: To explain what happened to a valuable canon artefact
- Image Source: https://starwars.wik...en's_lightsaber
- Canon Link: https://starwars.wik...en's_lightsaber
- Primary Sources: https://starwars.wik...en's_lightsaber| http://starwarsrp.ne...ens-lightsaber/
- Manufacturer: Kylo Ren
- Affiliation: Samka Derith
- Model: N/A
- Modularity: No
- Production: Unique
- Material: Kyber Crystal, lightsaber components.
- Classification: Lightsaber
- Size: Average
- Weight: Average
- Cross guard to vent excess heat which can be used as a weapon
- Cracked Kyber Crystal
- Cloaked in Kylo Ren's Force Signature
Originally built by the first known Master of the Knights of Ren, the man once known as Ben Solo. Solo fell to the Dark Side and with that constructed a new Lightsaber. The design was based on an ancient blueprint from the Great Scourge of Malachor. The exact details of the weapon's construction are unknown but the cracked kyber crystal suggests the new Kylo Ren could not efficiently bleed his crystal leaving the weapon fractured and unstable in a fitting reflection of the man's own psyche. Kylo used the Lightsaber as his main weapon as he sought the destruction of the Jedi Order and served Supreme Leader Snoke. Perhaps its most infamous deed was the murder of Kylo Ren's father, the infamous smuggler and Rebel Alliance General, Han Solo.
The blade was rediscovered by Wolfgang Kreiger, an Acolyte of Ren when investigating a theft of information on Mechis III. It had somehow fallen into the possession of a cultist group believing that Kylo Ren himself could be resurrected. After a skirmish with the group, the Acolyte managed to retrieve the blade which became his own primary weapon. Wolf was guided by visions and whispers from Kylo's Lightsaber and became a great warrior in his own right. Unfortunately, the Ren went missing during the Ssi-Ruuk's invasion of the Bastion of Ren. Kreiger is one of several prominent figures to have disappeared in the assault, leads on what the Ssi-Ruuk have done with their captives having long since dried up.
However the ancient weapon of Kylo Ren was recovered from the scene. The artefact was locked away in the Bastion's archives to be studied as a cultural artefact rich in the Dark Side rather than risk losing the weapon once more. It was studied by several of the Ren's more academic minds but ultimately they were unable to replicate the visions and whispers claimed by Kreiger. It lay within the vaults, day to day interest in the item being lost until the promotion of Samka Derith to the Overlord Council of the Knights of Ren.
The young woman had personally known and respected Kreiger after fighting alongside one another on multiple occasions. To her, the weapon was as much his as it was Kylo's and to have it buried within the archives was a disservice to the missing Knight. Instead it was placed within her personal quarters as part of the range of artefacts present in her chamber. There, after a long while, Derith too began to hear whispers. Realising the blade's potential, she claimed it for herself in an act nobody was in a position to deny. Rarely does Derith use it as a weapon, the blade built for a far different style of combat than her own but it acts more as a source of Dark power and consultation with the distant whispers of a long dead warrior.
- Can cut through many materials with relative ease.
- Cross guard allows for unique duelling tactics to surprise the opponent and defend one's self
- An artefact strong with the Dark Side of the Force
- Cross Guard can be difficult to use for the untrained, burning one's self is a common occurrence
- The Lightsaber was designed by Kylo Ren - a man whose duelling was mainly focused around pure power and vicious strikes. This contrasts heavily with Derith's own style of theatrical fencing and speed to such an extent that is less efficient for her than a weapon of her own design.
- Prolonged exposure to the visions and whispers granted by the blade is dangerous even to Dark Siders and will have detrimental effects on one's mental health
Edited by Samka Derith, 09 July 2018 - 03:03 PM.