OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a weapon for a customer.
- Image Source: Snake Eye's Replica
- Canon Link:
- Primary Source: Shaun Irons wrote the submission and asked me to post it so iif it needs future edits I can do so.
- Manufacturer: Shaun Irons/Yusanic Ironworks and Forge
- Affiliation: Sayd-Jai
- Model: Teki no Sairensā
- Modularity: No
- Classification: Force Sword
- Size: Average
- Weight: Average
- Stun, Maim, Kill: Using the setup, and basis of a Force pike for this weapon, this sword can also perform the same feats as a Force pike. Adjusting the weapon to be on a stun setting can cause minor damage to the nervous system of beings, or creatures. Adjusting it higher can cause more damage, and possible nerve damage, brain damage, and knock out those who are struck by the weapon. And of course, the kill setting has the electrical pulses strong enough to kill beings who are struck by it.
- Armor Breaking +1: Using a ultrasonic Vibration system, much like other vibroweaponry, the weapon can cut more deeply compared to other swords in general. However, as Force Pikes were well known to be able to even pierce lighter and some medium armors, this sword, including its blade and more concentrated point of focus, can cut through armor more than your standard force pike, but not through lightsaber resistant materials the way a pike can.
- Built for You: As using many different kinds of weapons, weight is a big factor. Due to this weapon being used as a mix between a sword, and a force pike, Agrinium was used for the grip of the weapon. Allowing the blade's weight to be distributed more towards the blade itself. This will allow the blade to have it's center of gravity forward on the blade. Thus producing more cleaving wounds, and causing arguably more damage.
- Can Never Quite Get There: As with many melee weapons that rely on blades, they can never really achieve the same cutting power of a Lightsaber. Thus, while the weapon is resistant to the fabled weapons of force users, it cannot cut like them. Heavier armors, thicker armors, or even armor that is specifically designed to defend against bladed weapons is the bane of the sword.
- Reloading a sword?: As all vibroweaponry require an energy cell, specifically to use the vibration generator, after some time of using the generator, it needs to be replaced. While this is very easy with just removing the cell from the grip of the weapon, it still requires a power source to function.
- Used in Shadows: While the weapon itself is quiet because of the shadowsilk that is wrapped around the grip of the weapon, thus reducing the vibrations, and otherwise, "rattling" of the generator, it cannot keep quite any "zaps" that it can dish out. And should a particular species be able to hear on a spectrum that is ultrasonic, then it will remove the surprise.
- Pointy End Goes Into the Other Man: When the weapon is activated, it can be very deadly. As such, one cannot even remotely touch the blade. While it can deliver quite a shock to your foes system, if one were to have a "close call" in defending themselves and have their own blade touch them, the user would shock their self.
- Physical blade: As a stylized weapon with a single edge, the weapon can only cause damage with one edge of the blade. While the spine and flat of the blade can still produce a shocking effect when striking an enemy, it cannot cut through armor from all angles. The blade can only do it's highest form of damage by using the blade itself.
Shaun recently opened his Holonet page for his company. With the aid of his blacksmith mentor, They received a request for a rather dangerous style of weapon. One that could focus the power of a Force pike, into an edge. A blade that can be used to cut through most standard armors, and still be able to be silent for the user.
At first, this task may seem easy. A force pike is much to the same construction to that of a Vibro weapon. However, Force pikes have a different aspect that made the transition difficult. Finding a viable metal that is light enough to be used as a sword, yet strong enough to hold the charge of the neural shocks that can deliver from the fabled pike weapon. Testing proved that many steels, and alloys were unreliable as they could not hold an edge. Mullinine was thought of right from the very beginning of this problem rearing it's head. However, Mullinine, while able to hold an edge, was not a very durable metal. Most if not all uses of Mullinine were to enhance the edge of a metal already used for the core of a sword.
Thus came in Neutronium. Well known for its ability to provide greater striking power to weapons created by it, and was also used to hold an edge. While the edge is not as reliable as Mullinine, it is much more preferred to having to sharpen a sword, rather than reforging a broken one.
Shaun and his mentor slaved over the creation of the blade itself. Using the techniques of the Echani vibroblades to be stout, yet light in the hands of the wielder. Presenting this weapon to the black armored man who gave no name, They also provided the man a customer guarantee. That should they create any new technology in this kind of weapon style, they will happily replace the current weapon with the newest model, and should the weapon see any damage that needed repairs, they will do so at a fraction of the cost.
Edited by Sayd-Jai, 13 July 2018 - 05:46 PM.