OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a discrete, yet formidable defensive emplacement that could seamlessly blend into the peaceful cities of the Commenor Systems Alliance.
- Image Source: Heavy Turret
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Kuat Systems Engineering
- Affiliation: Commenor Systems Alliance Military
- Model: 1.0
- Modularity: No
- Material: Alusteel, Duralium, Duraplast, insulated electrical wiring
- Classification: Defensive Emplacement
- Size: Large
- Weight: Heavy
- Ammunition Type: Explosive slugs
- Ammunition Capacity:14,400 rounds (3600 per gun)
- Reload Speed: Slow
- Effective Range: Battlefield
- Rate of Fire: Average (480 RPM) with 2-4 second cooling breaks between short,destructive bursts
- Stopping Power: Average
- Recoil: Minimal, fixed emplacement
- The Discreet Defenses: Urban Fortification Heavy Turret has been aesthetically designed to blend into the urban landscape. Whether securely fastened to skyscraper rooftops or acting as rectangular landmarks in markets or busy intersections, this heavy turret will provide your city with the safety you desire without the oppressive image of a fortified city. Until activation, the turret system will remain folded up against the main structure obscuring its deadly canons from sight.
- The turret's four anti-armor miniguns make it adept at holding the line against aerial aggressors and up to medium sized attack vehicles.
- Anti-air defenses work best when several turrets are fire-linked and controlled by computer
- Simple controls
- Blends in with environment until activation
- Targeting assistance programs
- Unable to penetrate heavy armor, only moderately effective against medium armor.
- Vulnerable to hacking as well as manual override (simple controls)
- Slow to reload
- Cannot hit targets under 30 degrees
This urban fortification was envisioned by Iseno military strategists as an acceptable compromise between Commenor's commitment to peace and the realities of an unfriendly and uncertain galaxy. While inactive the powerful weapon systems are folded away, leaving no indication that the tall and wide metal ractangles are anything but power stations or other banal city feature. Specifically designed to look like urban fixtures, these heavy turrets are to be placed on the rooftops of participating cities to create an anti-air defense grid. They can also be placed overlooking large streets or at the edge of cities to engage approaching ground vehicles. The 4 mini guns fire short, destructive bursts of anti-armor rounds. The manual controls are very simple, allowing even those with minimal training to join the city's defense if needed.
Edited by Sennion Crestmar, 13 July 2018 - 02:07 PM.