- Intent: Create the next standard in the Imperial-class Star Destroyer
- Image Source: (StarWars) Venator II-class Star Destroyer by TheoComm
- Canon Link: Imperial-class Star Destroyer
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards
- Affiliation: Kuat Drive Yards, Commenor Systems Alliance, Closed-Market
- Model: Imperial III-class
- Production: Mass-Produced
- Material: Reinforced Duramentium Frame, Durasteel Hull, Turadium Blast Doors, Reinforced Doonium Armor Plating, Glasteel Viewports
- Classification: Destroyer, Assault, Transport, Command Ship, Planetary Assault Carrier
- Length: 1850 meters
- Width: 1000 meters
- Height: 550 meters
- Armament: Moderate
- Hangar: Moderate: 6
- Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
- Speed Rating: Very Low
- Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2
- Metis Sensor Array *
- ISY-KDY Navigation Systems
- Encryption Network
- Tractor Beams
- SFW Mk.I Comms Package - With Comm Laser
- Universal Jammer
- Jamming Beam
- 1x-Hail Comm Jammer
- Ventral Docking Bay - Can fit ships up to 300 meters
- Jammer - The ship is a mobile jammer, able to jam all typical and few advanced systems and sensors, blocking their communications and targeting abilities
- Invader - Following with its line, the Imperial-class is designed to invade. It can carry with a massive storage bay able to hold vehicles from AT-ST's, to AT-AT's, to troop carriers and invasion-level event troop amounts.
- EWAR Susceptible - Like many ships, this Star Destroyer can be affected by EWAR and Ionized weaponry
- Big Target - It is slow to start its engines and maneuvers, making it an easy target, especially when flanked
- Exposed Defenses - Like its predecessors, its Shield Domes, which also hold its sensors, are exposed above the, (also exposed) bridge, along with its Electronic Interference Mast, which 'broadcasts' all of its jamming capabilities. The ship, of course, has a smaller, auxiliary bridge deeper within the ship.
The icon on Kuat Drive Yards, or the Galactic Empire, depending on your professional background. The Imperial-class Star Destroyer had always been the mainstay of galactic fleets and became a symbol of the great capabilities of Kuat Drive Yards, in an offensive ability, compared to its KDY Orbital Array. Following its predecessor, the Imperial II, the III sought to work towards a more offensive ability. The I was designed to... 'capture' or disable rebel, rogue, and criminal vessels, for questioning, or otherwise. While Ion weaponry is still useful to the Imperial III-class, it has instead opted for a new style of weapon; its defense grid of Concussion Missiles, bringing even more devestation to the table.
And just like its Imperial line of ships, it is an invader-style ship, prepared to create blockades, re-enforce zones of security, and jam communications and sensors of hostile ships and planets being prepared to invade, especially useful in cutting off reinforcements. Unfortunately, with everything packed into the ship, it still suffered from some vulnerabilities; its command deck, antennae, and shield and sensor systems were still heavily exposed, giving enemy bombers a prime target to take out. While there does exist an auxiliary bridge, it does not have the view nor all capabilities of the primary bridge, and without the primary bridge, there may as well be no shields, sensors, or jamming systems, requiring manual user input and dumb-firing of weapons.
Edited by Kuat Drive Yards, 14 July 2018 - 03:28 PM.