- Intent: Create a new line of Star Destroyers
- Image Source: Survivor by Dariz
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards
- Affiliation: Kuat Drive Yards, Commenor Systems Alliance, Closed-Market
- Model: Bulwark I-class
- Production: Mass-Produced
- Material: Reinforced Duramentium Frame, Durasteel Hull, Turadium Blast Doors, Reinforced Doonium Armor Plating, Glasteel Viewports
- Classification: Command Ship, Planetary Assault Carrier
- Length: 1650 meters
- Width: 1000 meters
- Height: 1000 meters
- Armament: Low
- Hangar: Moderate: 6
- Maneuverability Rating: Low
- Speed Rating: Low
- Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2
- Metis Sensor Array *
- ISY-KDY Navigation Systems
- Encryption Network
- Tractor Beams
- SFW Mk.I Comms Package - With Comm Laser
- Universal Jammer
- Jamming Beam
- 1x-Hail Comm Jammer
- Ventral Docking Bay - Can fit ships up to 150 meters
- Jammer - The ship is a mobile jammer, able to jam all typical and few advanced systems and sensors, blocking their communications and targeting abilities
- Invader - Following with its original, the Bulwark-class is designed to invade. It can carry with a massive storage bay able to hold vehicles from AT-ST's, to AT-AT's, to troop carriers and invasion-level event troop amounts.
- EWAR Susceptible - Like many ships, this Star Destroyer can be affected by EWAR and Ionized weaponry
- Big Target - It is slow to start its engines and maneuvers, making it an easy target, especially when flanked
- Exposed Defenses - Like its original predecessors, its Shield Domes, which also hold its sensors, are exposed above the, (also exposed) bridge, along with its Electronic Interference Mast, which 'broadcasts' all of its jamming capabilities. The ship, of course, has a smaller, auxiliary bridge deeper within the ship.
The newest Star Destroyer line by Kuat Drive Yards, intended to be a cheaper variant of the Imperial-class, but also more suited to just straight up soaking damage. With less power going to weapons, it provides more power to its shields, allowing it to continually recharge, reform, and transfer power. Perhaps, its weapons system is more effective against fighter-sized vessels, or corvettes. It can, however, provide a decent firing lane and is very supporting to other blockade-designated ships. It could even act as an escort, however its speed would argue otherwise.
The Bulwark is, as its name implies, is a defensive-trait Star Destroyer, more suited to defending or supporting lines, and providing shield cover for allied ships, like the Imperial-class. It has less capabilities when fighting assault ships and other star destroyers in ship-to-ship combat, but their cost is to solve that problem. Less weaponry and their equal amount of fighters, several of them can count as one star destroyer, and they can all soak the damage, or even with one being targeted, it's multiple Bulwarks firing on an enemy, with its bomber support.
Edited by Kuat Drive Yards, 13 July 2018 - 09:14 PM.