- Intent: Create a major Drydock for Commenor Systems Alliance
- Image Source: Orbital Docking Station by Ryan Church
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards
- Affiliation: Commenor Systems Alliance
- Model: Predator-Bay
- Production: Unique
- Material: Reinforced Duramentium Frame, Durasteel Hull, Reinforced Doonium Armor Plating, Turadium Blast Doors
- Classification: Orbital Drydock
- Length: 18,000 meters
- Width: 10,000 meters
- Height: 3,000 meters
- Armament: None
- Defenses: Average
- Hangar: None
- Maneuverability Rating: None
- Speed Rating: None
- Hyperdrive Class: N/A
- Strong Defense - While it isn't impenetrable, this Shipyard comes by default with a strong shield and good armor and security measures like thick blast doors in the case of emergency. This gives it protection against hostile weaponry.
- No Armaments - The Shipyard is virtually undefended, excluding shielding and blast doors for lockdown procedures
The Predator-Bay is an intense docking station, used as a drydock to shelve Star Destroyers, refit, modify, and repair. In some cases, in can even be used to build Star Destroyers, but not like the way a Shipyard would do, but using tugboats to carry pieces of Star Destroyers to their location and connect them. If anything, building a Star Destroyer from this drydock is incredibly harder, and requires a nearby Shipyard to construct the pieces. The Predator-Bay is designed, mostly, to hold Star Destroyers that are being prepared for war - whether that is aggressive action, or defensive action. Perhaps a system has just come under attack, and reinforcements are called. Or the frontline is losing their ships at the edge of the territory. Otherwise, this is a staging area for ships before they leave for their missions.
The Predator-Bay can hold twenty-six(26) Star Destroyers in total, thirteen (13) on each side. Unfortunately, it can only actually fit and drydock Kuat Drive Yards Star Destroyers, due to the wedge shape and specific docking clamps and where and how they hold the ship in place. The Drydock can offer assistance to a ship being held by its own engines or by tugboats nearby, but it doesn't have access to the Docking Stations as Star Destroyers do.
The primary part of the Drydock has a Model 10-T Monorail for the workers working long days, hosting their R&R, food, and rest areas. It goes between the connected half-circle locations which both have Model 8-x Unirails. This system of Rails helps to transport the necessary materials and systems to designated ships that need them. The parts of the Docking Station that extend outward are literally only used for docking rings, to connect to freighters, transports, and other small-sized ships, which the Monorail rides by to collect the cargo left behind, transport crews and other necessities, all the way to the other Unirails.
The Docking Station has its own dedicated Command Towers, Relay Towers, and Traffic Control towers to facilitate transport and freighter paths and hyperlanes.
Edited by Kuat Drive Yards, 14 July 2018 - 02:36 PM.