OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a group of cybernetic Dark Siders that are unquestionably loyal to the Dark Lord of the Sith
- Image Credit: Click - email@example.com
- Role: Cybernetic Dark Side Warriors
- The Hidden Empire
- Classification: Cybernetic Dark Side Warriors
- Availability: Rare
- Deployment: Limited
- Strengths & Weaknesses:
- Unquestioning Loyalty: Bred from birth to be unwavering in their loyalty and devotion to Darth Carnifex, the Elysian Knights are literally incapable of being persuaded with, bargained with, or reasoned with. The redemption speeches of the Jedi fall on deaf ears when it comes to these cybernetic monsters.
- High-Grade Cybernetics: The most advanced cybernetics were implanted in the Elysian Knight's bodies during infancy, with their body being molded and reshaped to fit the Dark Lord's insidious designs as they matured. These powerful cybernetics are further protected by EMP-resistance material that makes them difficult to render inoperable via electrical attacks.
- Fountains of Hate: Molded with twisted science and the power of the Dark Side, these fiends of flesh and metal are walking fonts of hatred, anger, and unfathomable fury that lends weight to their destructive strength. Though incapable of using energy-based attacks like Sith Lightning, the Elysian Knights are well-versed in the art of telekinesis and other physically-enhancing powers.
- More Machine Than Man: These creatures are more machine now than man, twisted and evil. Because of the lack of organic tissue, their connection to the Force via the midi-chlorians is vastly inferior to that of a fully organic Force Sensitive. Cybernetics compensate for a fraction of this lost potency. They are roughly acolyte strength in the Force.
- EMP: A weak EMP causes their cybernetics to respond several fractions of a second slower, hampering their reflex and response time. A moderate EMP greatly increases this delay to several seconds, with the possibility of temporary limb failure at the extremities. A strong EMP can knock out their cybernetics for up to minutes at a time, causing the Knight's death or enough debilitation that can lead to death.
- Force Light: As with all creatures crafted through Sith Alchemy and Magic, the Elysian Knights are extremely susceptible to the power of Force Light. This power can range from warding them away, to seriously injuring them, to outright killing them with enough strength.
Throughout the decades, Kaine Zambrano had attempted time and time again to mold Force Sensitives to his own wicked design. Early in the 800s ABY he utilized his position as Minister of Intelligence, and later Grand Vizier, of the Sith Empire to kidnap newborn children from Republic hospitals and nurseries. Those first forays ended in failure, the artificially aged children proving to be too unstable to serve any purpose other than fodder for the incinerators.
His later trials bore more fruit, and he refined his tactics and experiments over the decades until he made a major scientific breakthrough with the creation of the Imperial Sentinels. But they were little more than unthinking automatons, bound to the will of the Dark Side through a specialized handler who was required to control their actions.
While achieving moderate success as shock troopers for the Imperial Legion, the Imperial Sentinels did little to satiate the Emperor's appetite.
Simultaneously, the Emperor had been tinkering with another batch of stolen infants by crafting cybernetics onto their bodies from an early age, stripping away parts of their flesh to replace with cold heartless durasteel. Utilizing more advanced artificial aging techniques, these infants quickly grew to maturity within only a few scant years.
With the aid of Odo Quiroga, Emperor Zambrano replaced over 80% of their body with cybernetics from their limbs, to their heart, to their lungs, and even their eyes. While these enhancements diminished their ultimate potential in the Force, it afforded them immense natural strength, heightened flexibility, and incomprehensible reflexes.
They were now stronger than average men and women, they had been lifted above their paltry existence as mortals and given a title more befitting of their new existence.
The Elysian Knights.
Edited by Darth Carnifex, 15 July 2018 - 03:36 PM.