OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create Clan Kroan's final resting place, and to provide a 'homebase' for Ayessa that has meaning to her personally.
- Image Credit: Marianna Crosetti
- Canon: N/A
- Links: Kiffu
- Structure Name: 'The Old Bones' -- Clan Kroan's final campsite prior to destruction.
- Classification: Campsite, though the majority of it is destroyed.
- Location: Kiffu
- Affiliation: As the only living blood member of Clan Kroan, ownership of the site is Ayessa Kroan's legally.
- Accessibility: The site is situated atop a cliffside which only has a few paths up, the majority taking you through a winding, narrow valley. This makes easy accessibility difficult unless you're willing to chance an encounter with a local Spark-dragon and the isolation played a part in the downfall of Clan Kroan. Those with either spiritual or technical advantages, like the ability to Force Jump or access to jetpacks will have a far easier time reaching the site, cutting travel time immensely.
- Description: Upon first glance this place appears entirely abandoned. It's sand-swept, unkempt and has clearly been plundered. An estimate would say it's been left like this for decades. Faded canvas and coverings drape over rusted durasteel dwellings, dilapidated and unsafe. Yet it's shown some sign of recent upkeep-- For one, there aren't any bodies lying around anymore, which is an improvement --the largest tent appears occupied and it's been generally tidied up, but not well, as the town maintains the rugged 'abandoned settlement' look. Most of the technology appears ancient, definitely pre-Darkness, and mostly nonfunctional as a result of weathering and time. The second-largest building is clearly some sort of miniature power-plant, and dominates most of the attention when you're in the centre of the town due to its height.
- Lookout Point: Accessed by a precarious rope bridge that has long since frayed away, this 'lookout point' is really a shed located on a lower pillar than the rest of the camp. It does, however, offer spectacular views of the Kiffu desert beyond the canyons and cliffs.
- Electrical Harvesting Station: Located at the highest point of the camp, this station has been long-since scavenged for parts, but if repaired, it could return to its original duty -- Harvesting electricity from Kiffu's famous lightning storms. For the moment, however, it lies like a derelict beast in the middle of town.
- Clanleader's Tent: The largest residential enclosure in camp, and the only intact one, for that matter. It has little in terms of personal items or furniture, but it has been cleaned up by Ayessa as it serves as her main home within the camp.
- Ancient CIS Outpost: A little ways from, but still near the camp itself is another old relic, this one dating back to the Clone Wars. Clan Kroan was one of many that faced Separatist occupation when the old Confederacy conquered the planet and this outpost is a reminder of that. Droids and their weapons of war have long since left but ancient intelligence, recordings, and technology remain.
- Cave of interment: A nearby cave where members of Clan Kroan were buried traditionally. Ayessa has turned it into a shrine now, burying the last remaining skeletons she found upon arrival to honour her descendants.
N/A -- Any defences or security measures here have been scavenged or destroyed years ago.
Clan Kroan's history has been troubled from the beginning, but one constant has always been this campsite. It has always been their home, through thick and thin, through occupation after occupation after occupation. Founded in 106 BBY to coincide with the founding of the Clan itself, Clan Kroan has moved site many times to follow the nomadic lifestyle but always returned here, no matter what. The clan numbers never exceeded thirty throughout their storied history, with nomads from other clans marrying in and moving out often, making this camp a place of transitions as much as it was a place of residence. Ayessa was born into the camp in 44 BBY and would leave a few years later to chase her own destiny, her family floundering in their pride at a Kroan Jedi Knight, but never balked at the loss of membership. During the Clone Wars they were forced to submit to Separatist control when the planet was annexed, subsequently folded into the old Empire to face further subjugation after the Jedi Purge, and lost to time with the advent of the Gulag Plague. The darkness is what smothered this clan and left their bones behind. Their numbers were small already, and dwindled to nothing upon the emergence of the new Galaxy; there simply wasn't enough of them left to keep going, and most died in misery, their homes becoming their tombs as the isolation stripped them of any chance to continue onwards. The camp had been abandoned for a few hundred years before the last remaining member of the Clan found her way home at last, the deserts of Kiffu having reclaimed most of the settlement back to the sands. It had been scavenged over the years by rogues looking to make a quick buck or other clans passing by in search of power or water, leaving it in a state of great disrepair.
Edited by Ayessa Kroan, 15 July 2018 - 11:35 AM.