OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create an antagonistic force fore rebel stuff
- Image Credit: Mark Molnar's Portfolio
- Role: Antagonist for the Corellian Confederation, Alliance in Exile, and any other faction trying to do rebel-like things on Corellia
- Fleet Name: Task Force Socorro
- Classification: Sith Imperial Enforcement Task Force
- Allegiance: Sith Empire
- Lead Ship: The Frozen Hand: Militus-class Star Battlecruiser [3/9 Squadrons]
- Total Length: 13,250 Meters
- Notable Characters: N/A
- Ports of Call: Patroling the Corellian Sector, but mostly within the Corellian System
- The Tarkin Doctrine: While a relatively small number of ships considering the immense strength of the Sith Empire's fleets, the mere presence of one of their Battlecruisers strikes fear into the entire sector. Coupled with the cruisers and the battlestation stationed between Corellia and Socorro's Belt, the task force does its job without firing a single shot. Most of the Time.
- Overwhelming Fire Power: For a sector that has been relying on larger governments for much of its recent time to provide the large fleets that patrolled its stars, the much smaller fleet of corvettes and light cruisers CorSec used before pale in comparison to the might of even the single Battlecruiser sitting in orbit over Corellia.
- Socorro Station: While it is in system, its firepower is inconsequential if a battle is happening on the other side of the planet due to its inability to freely move itself.
- Good Old Rebels: While the cruisers and battlecruiser are fast for their ship class, both designs have weaknesses involving engine exposure and neither are well suited to fight large amounts of small, fast ships and starfighters, especially due to the Task Force's limited fighter support
- Limited Fighter Support: While the cruisers and battlecruiser can normally carry dozens of starfighters into battle, Task Force Socorro was mainly put in place to scare Corellia into submission until the true force of the Sith Empire made its way lazily into the Core. As such, much of its starfighter capacity was replaced with support for large shuttles for moving Corellian dignitaries in and out of Sith Empire meetings and talks with the main group of support and escort fighters being located on the Bulwark-class station. [see composition for details]
Description: Hastily put together after the Sith Empire and First Order's plans for the Imperial Bloc Treaty were finalized and deployed after the official announcement, Task Force Socorro was pulled together from various battlegroups throughout the Sith Empire's vast armada. Given the singular task of keeping the Corellian Sector in check and modestly equipped, Task Force Socorro handles the day to day trade traffic in and out of the Corellian System, turning most ships away. The heavy cruisers were paired off for patrols throughout the Corellian Sector, easily fending off pirates and capturing smugglers with a rather terrifying efficiency. Their presence caused quite a stir in the Corellian System as not even under the pressure of the super-couple ATC and Vanir Technologies did they move or stop their actions. With strict orders to shoot any ship flying Alliance colors on sight and even stricter shipping policies than CorSec, they effectively shut Corellia out from the Galaxy, forcing CorSec and Corellia to rely on their most wanted list of smugglers and scoundrels to get people, data, and medicine ferried in or out of the Sector.