The Spectors, Galidraani Resistance
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent:To create a easily reference for the Rebellion affiliated resistance cell located on Galidraan and utilize as a plot device for future threads.
Image Credit: Johannes Palmblad, Artstation
Role: Strike Team, Local Resistance Group - Skirmishers
Unit Name: The Spectors
Affiliation: Galidraani Resistance, The Rebellion
Classification: Light Infantry
Equipment: IED's, Molotov Cocktails, Standard Blaster Weaponry, Slugthrowers. Improvised Weapons
- Strengths & Weaknesses:
- Mobile: Consisting of members of Galidraani society and having been raised locally, these resistance fighters know the lay of the land better than anyone. Because of this, they are able to travel more efficiently through population centers and can often find faster or less obvious routes as they travel.
- High Morale: The Spectors take their Galidraani heritage seriously, it isn't just a fight against tyranny they're interested in, it's a fight for the very heart and soul of their home. A fight for survival. As such, they're unlikely to rout easily or balk at a setback.
- Industrious/Creative: Due to their lack of modern supplies and equipment and the lack of monetary capability to purchase such things, the Spectors have learned how to get creative both in combat and with their strategy when it comes to resisting. When it comes to taking the fight to the enemy, you'd better be prepared for some 'Out of the box' thinking.
- Low Manpower: Unlike many other worlds where recruitment might be easier due to the heavy handed tactics employed by those such as the Sith Empire or the First Order, Galidraan hasn't suffered at the hands of her perceived captors. Life is more or less normal for many who call the world home. As such, the manpower the Spectors can bring to bear is limted and recruitment is difficult.
- Outdated technology: Much of the Spectors armory is outdated. Holdout blasters, old sporting blasters, old blast vests if any. Armor is all but nonexistent, and shielding units are even rarer. Due to the lack of steady supply and outdated equipment, they can't hold up in a head on fight for long in comparison to conventional military or security forces.
- Emotional Entanglements: Because of their overall lack of manpower, the Spectors have formed a close bond with each other. Brothers, sisters, friends - they're close and in a very real way, closer than family to each other. While their morale is generally high, losing a friend or a family member is never easy. Because of their tight knit bond, they can be more susceptible to manipulation or making rash decisons.
The Spectors formed shortly after the arrival of the Sith Empire on Galidraan's doorstep. Unlike some conquered worlds, Galidraan remained at peace with the Empire. Despite the less than raucous turnover and increased Empire presence on the planet, not all of the citizens were happy about their lot. While for many, life changed little, to these few it was as if their world had been put on end - and if it wasn't a threat to their way of life now, it would be later.
A small band of like minded citizens bound together, gathering what supplies they could, maintaining secret lines of communication as to their efforts to delay and put roadblocks in the way of further progress. It started out with little things, cutting power lines to businesses known to do work for their new overlords. Stolen goods from warehouses known to supply Sith forces. It had started out non-violent, but over the weeks things have begun escalating. With the success of the Rebellion in the Rimcee sector, a new wave of fervor and anti-imperial sentiment has run through the lower classes - but it's still not easy. The risks of being labeled a rebel outweigh the benefits of any action the Spectors might take. It is due to this that recruitment is slow. That and the ever present danger of being discovered and handed over to the Sith to be dealt with.
In terms of operation, the Spectors act as front line skirmishers. Their goal primarily to harass and wear down any resolve of the enemy. One might rarely catch a glimpse of the group, much less meet them head on in combat. Ill equipped for a frontal assault, the Spectors use their superior knowledge of the locale and mobility to their advantage. Not laden down by armor or procedure, they can just as easily appear in one place for a moment, and in the next somewhere else entirely.
-- -- --
Edited by Atlas Viridian, 12 July 2018 - 01:16 PM.