OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A starship-grade heavy weapon for the Mandalorian Empire
- Image Source: Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: Plasma Cannon
- Manufacturer: MandalArms
- Model: K-200
- Affiliation: Mandalorian Empire (Limited, Semi-Unique or Unique ships only)
- Modularity: No
- Production: Limited
- Material: Durasteel, Dallorian Alloy, Plasma, circuitry
- Classification: Plasma Beam Cannon
- Size: Large
- Weight: Heavy
- Ammunition Type: Energy
- Ammunition Capacity: Effectively unlimited
- Reload Speed: Very Low
- Effective Range: Average
- Rate of Fire: Very Low
- Stopping Power: Extreme
- Recoil: Average
- Custom designed triple-focused plasma array combines with energy beam to concentrate firepower down a thin axis of attack
- Extremely powerful blast. Thermal, energy, and kinetic damage.
- Focused beam allows for strikes to be concentrated on a small target area.
- High power requirements
- Any blockage of the plasma emitter aperture will cause catastrophic failure on firing due to the beam detonating inside the weapon's barrel.
- Firing mechanism is susceptible to damage, extremely fragile weapon barrel when deployed
The K-200 is MandalArms' scaled-up, beefed-up version of various Plasma Cannon designs the galaxy over. Rather than going for a plasma bolt, or plasma railgun design, the R&D teams built on the design philosophies of the PPAP infantry weapon, and designed a workable plasma beam weapon, utilizing a stream of plasma in a continuous-hit attack.
This weapon is heavy on firepower, following the Australis' philosophy that if you're going to hit a target, hit it as hard as you can, first time. K-200 is designed with this tradition in mind, allowing for accurate, devastaing firepower, focusing three plasma beams into a pressurized concentrated energy stream, pushing the stream of supercharged plasma at high velocity along a tightly focused beam.
Larger vessels such as a flagships or command ships would be capable of mounting multiple K-200s in arrays, giving them substantial firepower at a cost of power requirements that would necessitate a significant portion of the ship's power resources being directed towards these powerful but energy hungry weapons.
Built tough in a self-contained, robust package, the K-200 is an elite capital ship weapon, continuing the line of MandalArms starship-grade weaponry. Though vulnerable to attack when deployed, until such time as it is needed, it is kept well protected.
Edited by Kaine Australis, 19 July 2018 - 03:38 AM.