• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,311 posts

qHXu3rI.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• Manufacturer: MandalArms
  • Model: K-200
  • Affiliation: Mandalorian Empire  (Limited, Semi-Unique or Unique ships only)
  • Modularity: No
  • ProductionLimited
  • Material: Durasteel, Dallorian Alloy, Plasma, circuitry

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Plasma Beam Cannon
  • Size:  Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Energy
  • Ammunition Capacity: Effectively unlimited
  • Reload Speed: Very Low
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Custom designed triple-focused plasma array combines with energy beam to concentrate firepower down a thin axis of attack

Strengths:

• Extremely powerful blast. Thermal, energy, and kinetic damage.
  • Focused beam allows for strikes to be concentrated on a small target area.

Weaknesses:

• High power requirements
  • Any blockage of the plasma emitter aperture will cause catastrophic failure on firing due to the beam detonating inside the weapon's barrel.
  • Firing mechanism is susceptible to damage, extremely fragile weapon barrel when deployed

DESCRIPTION

The K-200 is MandalArms' scaled-up, beefed-up version of various Plasma Cannon designs the galaxy over. Rather than going for a plasma bolt, or plasma railgun design, the R&D teams built on the design philosophies of the PPAP infantry weapon, and designed a workable plasma beam weapon, utilizing a stream of plasma in a continuous-hit attack.

This weapon is heavy on firepower, following the Australis' philosophy that if you're going to hit a target, hit it as hard as you can, first time. K-200 is designed with this tradition in mind, allowing for accurate, devastaing firepower, focusing three plasma beams into a pressurized concentrated energy stream, pushing the stream of supercharged plasma at high velocity along a tightly focused beam.

Larger vessels such as a flagships or command ships would be capable of mounting multiple K-200s in arrays, giving them substantial firepower at a cost of power requirements that would necessitate a significant portion of the ship's power resources being directed towards these powerful but energy hungry weapons.

Built tough in a self-contained, robust package, the K-200 is an elite capital ship weapon, continuing the line of MandalArms starship-grade weaponry. Though vulnerable to attack when deployed, until such time as it is needed, it is kept well protected.

Edited by Kaine Australis, 19 July 2018 - 03:38 AM.

mandalorian_flag_by_cassiecros13-daanvw92afyTxB.gifmandalorian_flag_by_cassiecros13-daanvw9

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

Mother

Mother

Inversion

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,656 posts

pressurized concentrated energy stream, pushing the stream of supercharged plasma at near-lightspeed velocity along a tightly focused beam.

I hope I don't need to explain why, but there is absolutely zero scenarios where this is being approved. Edit this out, change the wording, whatever - but you're not going to get a weapon that fires any kind of super powerful beam at anything remotely close to being described as near lightspeed. 

WpuMERH.png

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,311 posts

Lily Kuhn Got a bit excited with the wording there. I've changed it to the more suitable "high velocity". :)

mandalorian_flag_by_cassiecros13-daanvw92afyTxB.gifmandalorian_flag_by_cassiecros13-daanvw9

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

Mother

Mother

Inversion

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,656 posts

Given that this is essentially a proton beam cannon with a different name, now, this is approved.

WpuMERH.png

Mother

Mother

Inversion

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 18,656 posts

Approved.

WpuMERH.png