Superior to Humanity in Every Way
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a new, unique species to inhabit the planet of Cyclops and to create a species that is superior to baseline humans and most baseline human-like races
- Image Credit:
- Canon: N/A
- Name: Goliath
- Designation: Sentient
- Bakc'tu - Written & Spoken Language
- Tuo'fout - Ceremonial & Religious Spoken Language
- Tufo'kanto - Ceremonial & Religious Written Language
- Galactic Standard Basic
- Average Lifespan: Unknown Lifespan, estimated to be five hundred years
- Estimated Population: Planetary
- "These 'Goliath's,' as I've come to call them...are wonders of nature. They seem to have adapted in such a way to the environment of Cyclops that they are always, at least from what I've observed, in peak physical performance. They sand much taller than a normal man, and they are much stronger than a normal man as I've...as I've seen. Hunter Zoloman, my companion, compatriot, and security on this venture...who came with me to hunt down a Goliath, was killed by one of these things. It was all so quick, it was hard to tell what happened save for the final moments. The Goliath's large hand clasped around Zoloman's head...and then I hear a disgusting crack of bone, though I never looked back," excerpt audio-log one from explorer Samson Woodruck.
- "The Goliath's themselves have very unique skin tones which I've never seen before, some are purple, some are grey, some are blue...all of these skin tones are exceptionally stunning and unique, it's nothing that I've ever seen before. They themselves seem to be monsters on the field of battle, their skin is thick enough that even Zoloman's hunting slug didn't pierce through it's body. It might've done skin damage, though the Goliath it's self didn't seem to be harmed," excerpt audio-log two from explorer Samson Woodruck.
- Breathes: Type I
- Average height of adults: 7 Ft - 9 Ft
- Average length of adults: N/A
- Skin color:
- Common Skin Colors:
- Shades of purple
- Shades of blue
- Shades of black
- Shades of grey
- Shades of white
- Uncommon Skin Colors:
- Shades of green
- Shades of red
- Common Skin Colors:
- Hair color: N/A
- Only difference between females and males is genitalia.
- Cursed Ones/Skarr's
- The Cursed Ones, or Skarr's, are seen as a genetic abomination among most of the Goliath's. Only the followers of 'The True Path' religion view these Skarr's as pure and being 'normal,' not being an abomination. Skarr's themselves are believed to be a sub-species of the Goliath's, if not a distantly related species through some evolutionary ancestor. Skarr's themselves have far less physical strength than the normal Goliath's and Skarr's don't have as thick of skin as the Goliath's only coming in at 1.5 centimeters and not 3.5 centimeters like the Goliath's. Although physically weaker than the Goliath's, the Skarr's do still posses a relatively large amount of strength, still exceeding that of an adult human male. Another distinguishing feature between the Skarr's and the Goliath's are their ears, and remarkable ability to hear things. All Skarr's are built leaner than the Goliath's, and thus much faster. In documented studies, the Skarr's were shown to be far more intelligent by miles than your typical Goliath and even being able to communicate through telepathy in a few case.
- Cursed Ones/Skarr's
- [+]Powerful Physical Strength - The Goliath's are physically very powerful in terms of strength alone. This is due to their upbringing in a dangerous arid environment, their thick skin, and just their overall peak physical performance and muscle mass. Hunting and fighting has always been apart of the Goliath's history, so much in fact, that they began to develop new muscle groups and their bodies were able to develop room for more muscles on their hulking frames. The exact strength of a Goliath is unknown, though it is widely believed that most if not all Goliath's can easily crush a human skull with one hand.
- [+]Thick Skin - The Goliath's skin is a thick 3.5 centimeters, making it very difficult for most slugthrowers and even blasters to penetrate through their thick skin. The Goliath's don't just have thick skin, they also have layers of collagen arranged in a lattice pattern which is heavily prominent through their skin. This first developed as a case to help keep water in their body, though overtime become more of combat-oriented evolutionary trait. Their skin is nigh impervious to most blunt blows from melee weapons and slicing weapons. For lightsabers, it'll take more than a simple chop from that super-heated plasma blade to break fully through their skin and bone. Also, due to the frequent lightning storms on Cyclops, the Goliath's skin has somewhat of a resistance to lightning. This thus makes the use of force lightning not as effective against a Goliath, although prolonged exposure to force lightning can prove the same affects as if it had been done to a regular human.
- [+]Closed Minds - Goliath's are not force dead, though the ability of a Goliath to have the ability to use the force is quite rare. However, all members of the Goliath's had their minds closed to the force, making such force techniques such as mind tricks, and other forms of mind manipulation techniques worthless and useless against the 'closed off' minds of the Goliath's.
- [+]Longevity - The Goliath's are most always in peak physical performance for a member of their species, their diet almost always consisting of a healthy and organic diet from their home-grown farms. This makes practically all members of their species live incredibly long, however exact numbers are unknown. The oldest documented living Goliath was Rasp'kutan, who had lived up to at least five-hundred years, however his exact fate is unknown. For older members of the race of Goliath's, they still remain in peak physical condition, although a bit weaker than their younger counterparts, though still strong enough to overpower a few humans in most cases.
- Neutral Attributes:
- [+/-]Two Hearts - The Goliath's have a remarkable genetic trait, within their chests, are two hearts. This allows them to operate under far more physical strength than most if not all other human-like species. These two hearts allow the Goliath's to work longer, and much harder than most other species and allows them to sustain themselves in combat for much longer than most others. The two hearts also help to allow their intake of breath and breathable air to be doubled the normal amount, greatly improving their performance. If one heart is damaged or destroyed, the Goliath can still survive even with only one heart. Although, it's going to be difficult for the Goliath. With now only one heart working, their lifespan will be shortened, although even then they'll still live longer than the normal Goliath. When only a single heart is present, however, the Goliath's will experience shortness of breath more often and they will not be able to do as much work or work for as long as they used to be able to do or be able to easily sustain themselves for long periods of time during combat.
- [-]Slow - The Goliath's are large and imposing masses of flesh and muscle, standing much taller than your typical human and than most other near-human races. However, their heavy weight which comes from their large and hulking masses of muscle, make them slow.
- [-]Heavy - The Goliath's are, of course, large and have imposing masses of muscles on their large and bulky frames. This makes them quite heavy and their movements, at least walking and running wise, much slower. But, would make each punch and kick and attack of theirs have more power and weight behind it. With their heavy weight, the Goliath's also basically just sink in water. Their heavy weight prevents swimming from being an effective avenue from getting out of water.
- [-]God Complex - The Goliath's view themselves as 'superior' in every way to most if not all other human-like races, including humans. They view themselves as better than most other races in every way, save for a select few. Due to this type of mental complex they have, Goliath's oftentimes act overconfident and arrogant when fighting against smaller, and lesser races which they view as inferior. This makes them underestimate their enemies and thus, can make Goliath's open to attacks they otherwise wouldn't open themselves up to be exploited.
- [-]Large Target - The Goliath's themselves are large, stand in at an average of eight feet, if not sometimes much taller than that average. This, however, makes them quite easy targets on the field of battle due to their large size and stature alone.
- [-]Poor Night Vision - The Goliath's have spent all of their evolutionary life on the surface of Cyclops, in the desert. They always hunt by day, and rarely ever by night as to not become an unlucky victim to those animals who prowl the deserts at night. This had lead them to have, almost no night vision capability. They can still somewhat see at night, though not by much. This makes them almost completely blind in a pitch black environment, forcing them to rely on their other senses.
- Common Foods - Meats, Vegetables, Fruits, Nuts
- Technology level:
- Mix of Bronze-age Technology with salvaged and repaired galactic standard technology and weapons.
- Monyu'yui is a religion of plotheisitcisim, the belief and worship of multiple gods. Of these gods, eight exist. Though, the only names that are known of said God's are that of Nyimp and and Rakou. Nyimp is the Heavenly Watcher from above, the eternal guardian for the Goliath's. While Rakou is seen as the eternal one, the god of all, the creator and destroyer of all beings. Rakou is said to have gave a single breath out onto the Galaxy, bringing life to all planet's which he deemed so.
- The True Path
- The True Path is a monotheistic religion, a religion which only worships and believes in a single God. The god that the followers of the True Path is Rasputin, the 'true' creator of the Universe. It hearkens eerie similarities with the Galactic Standard Bible, with likenesses of Rasputin representing 'God' and Rakou, of the Monyu'yui religion, representing 'Satan.' These similarities between these two religions are incredibly obvious and yet so very different from one another, though it remains unknown as how to how the True Path religions hearkens back to the Galactic Standard Bible despite the two never making contact with each other for over two millennia.
- General behavior:
- People will typically go hunting and gathering some time during the day, while others attend gladiatorial battles, chariot races, or just go exploring through the nearby landscape. Life on Cyclops is, well...it's quite simple in all honestly. Not much happens on Cyclops, at least, for most people. The people who follow 'The True Path' however, are usually in a constant struggle for survival. Some followers of this religion are located in regions where Monyu'yui practitioners, and they either face constant harassment or are exiled...and then attacked in most cases by those who practice Monyu'yui.
- On a religious basis, those who practice Monyu'yui pray five times a day, twice in the morning, once in midday, and twice in the evening. Along with this, they offer sacrifices to their numerous God's above. Twice a week, they hold eight hour ceremonies to their god's above in worship of each them, an hour for each. For the followers of the True Path, they offer up sacrifices to Rasputin through animal and incense offerings along with the shedding of enemy blood of the field of battle. Rasputin, although a 'fair' God, is one of battle. It is said he blesses all who fight under his banner. and from this, the followers of Rasputin gain their strength. They offer monthly offerings to Rasputin. The followers of Rasputin also sacrifice at least one follower of the Monyu'yui religion per year, offering up his blood as sacrifice and his body to be a gift for Rasputin. For this ceremony, they capture a healthy and strong Goliath and then sacrifice said healthy Goliath, after all, Rasputin deserves the best his followers have to offer.
- Building and Architecture typically consists of either sandstone or adobe style buildings with fine, geometric edges. A few small groups of the Goliath's practice a much more urbanized and refined style of architecture, consisting of rounded edges and smooth surfaces.
- Not much is known about the Goliath's, save that they themselves were only recently discovered...by a few hundred years that is. However, nobody has gone back to their homeworld of Cyclops due to fears of being attacked by the colossal and often unpredictable Goliaths...that and the lightning storms make any type of modern habitation effort by a foreign people difficult and often times useless and futile.
- Then their was the gulag plague which killed off a large number of inhabitants on Cyclops, and then their was the Netherworld event. The Gulag Plague event was seen as punishment for the people's of Cyclops, which resulted in the increased hunting against those practitioners of the True Path. The Netherworld event was seen as a 'sign' by the Goliath's deities that change was coming. Which did come, as explorers came in more frequency to Cyclops along with slavers and corporations, looking to try and wrest control of the world of Cyclops. Though, they hadn't been planning for the electrical storms that happened for six months. During this short, six month time frame, the Goliaths and native humans, who had been at odd with each other for centuries, attacked their enemies in earnest and with speed. From this, they wretched thousands upon thousands of pieces of technology from their enemies, most of which had left.
- However, the little contact that the Goliath's do have with the greater Galaxy is primarily through trade for cheap weapons, solar panels, and rudimentary water vaporators.
Edited by Vihar Hux, 17 September 2018 - 07:25 PM.