OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Provide a new species for exploration of itself and in the Chaos Galaxy
- Image Credit: Amphibian Concept by GCRev
- Canon: N/A
- Links: N/A
- Name: Claydoish
- Designation: Sentient
- Homeworld: Little Capella
- Language: Corgusk (Dead/Ancient), Basic
- Average Lifespan: 200-300
- Estimated Population: Planetary
- Description: Their appearance seems to be both aquatic and hardy, meaning they seem to enjoy water and frequently live in it, yet they stay on the ground more commonly. They have smooth skin, but not shiny, only smooth in the way there isn't any bumps or grooves. Their skin is hard, almost like a leather, which is roughly textured, allowing them to travel the rough terrain of dry dirt or boulders. On rare occasions, they can be seen having fins, but they aren't always pronounced. They stay sunken in the skin and extend with cartilage, able to be controlled like eyebrows (but similarly, not as extreme like hands), although it has been seen to erect when they are frightened, or when they try to create an intimidating stance. It can't be controlled skillfully, seemingly a left over ability from when they were completely aquatic. Their most peculiar features may be their eyes and their 'mouth'; Their eyes a greyish-blue, looking murky, but also glowing, but where a humans iris shows its color, the Claydoish's entire eye glows and looks like a moving sea; swirling, or moving like stars in space. Their mouths behave like any other humanoid, but they have a special feature. Their entire mouth actually reaches down towards their sternum. More than likely a call-back genetic ability, like their fins, from when they were a less sentient species, but it is still useful. They no longer live in the water, and more evolved on land, but the enlarged mouth was so large and open so that they could catch and filter plankton, but also give them the efficiency to latch onto larger prey. Their large, fang-like teeth used to pierce smaller aquatic creatures. These fangs seemed to have once been used like snake fangs, where there are genetic remnants of venom-sacs, but the genes have degraded or have been lost to evolution since.
- Breathes: Type I, and II. II preferred to filter air and consume pathogens
- Average height of adults: 1.98m
- Average length of adults: N/A
- Skin color: Varies between green, red, brown, and blue. Entirely more pale colors on their torso
- Hair color: N/A
- Distinctions: Claydoish are genderless and reproduce asexually, but their major differences from humans are their larger mouth structures, fangs, oral secretions (used for pre-digesting food, does not spray), retractable fins, special eyes, height, coloration, skin texture, and bone structure
- Races: As per their different skin colorations, it typically means they were birthed from a different group of Claydoish, which originally developed on different parts of the planet during their infancy
- Strengths: Hardy Skin, Breathable I and II Atmospheres, Increased Senses, Heat Resistant, Increased Strength, Increased Reflexes, Adaptive (Environment/Culture), Long Life
- Weaknesses: Absolutely No Eyesight, Rarely Force Sensitive, Weak Force Sensitivity When Force Sensitive, Extremely Slow Metabolism & Digestion, Cold Blooded/Vulnerable to Cold (Requires Environmental Suits with temperatures below 40 Celsius), Eyes Sensitive to Bright Lights (Causes pain and headaches, possible stun effects/Photosensitive Epilepsy with sudden bursts of light, even individually/single), Vulnerable to Radiation (Minimum harmless amounts to Humans are three times as effective against Claydoish, due to no resistances; Radioresistance), Coagulopathy (Haemophilia A)
- Diet: Can typically eat any creatures raw, cooked creatures play havoc with their digestion (slower to digest cooked foods), are sensitive to many poisons similar to humans, but are equally adaptable to creating resistances individually
- Communication: Speech, Sign Language (Archaic)
- Technology Level: Infantile Early Space Age - A tribal civilization before the Great Sith War, they have since speedily advanced themselves
- Religion/Beliefs: Due to the enslavement of their race by the Sith, they had became a broken species, and a lot of their history and written language was lost as the Sith slowly assimilated them. The Claydoish ultimately rejected the Siths teachings, having a strong will, but the treatment made them lose their own
- General behavior: Claydoish are typically a very curious species. When the Sith first arrived to their planet, they welcomed the visitors, until they were turned into slaves. Since, they have become very isolationist and reserved, keeping to themselves. For the last five-thousand years, they have kept to themselves in secrecy and avoided all contact. To outsiders, they seemed little more than non-sentient or semi-sentient creatures, but their hostility when approached proved in making the rare encounters become less and less. Claydoish both show concern and disconcern to offspring; when in infancy, they protect their clutches with their dying breath, and other Claydoish typically seek to preserve the clutches life and even unrelated Claydoish wish to protect their own, but after they hatch, Claydoish grow without nurture from their parents. While Claydoish do reproduce asexually, they take on individual personalities, and even seek partnership at times. Although genderless, they have been known to show differentiating features to that of gendered structures, but it is more survivalist and instinctual forms of adaptation. A weaker or more feminine form, requesting the assistance of a stronger or more masculine form. Before the Great Sith War, and long after, they kept their compassion and curiosity, especially for other creatures. While developing a strong government structure, they have mostly become neutral, but care for other species who show them the same compassion, and have even been known to care for other species as if they were their own clutch.
Claydoish were once like any other species, mostly spawning from small pools of water through evolution. Although they didn't keep life in the water, they grew accustomed to it. Deep within Little Capella, Claydoish both lived in the water and on land, but they grew more towards land, yet keeping aquatic qualities. Deep within Little Capella, being closer to its core, it was very hot, which made Claydoish both like it, and sometimes, seek cooler waters. Living underground was where they found their safe homes, which showed more to their developed state. Underground, there was less food, aside from cave inhabitants, which is why their aquatic genetics still stuck with them. Also living underground, Claydoish had to be vigilant to environment changes, like cave ins or earthquakes, which benefited to their strength. Claydoish were a slow to develop species, but were faster at adapting to their environment. They had to learn quickly how to survive, as the galaxy around them grew, and the minerals within their planet interested others, inviting mining companies to destabilize small locations of their planet. At this time, they weren't sentient enough to realize what was going on, or to communicate, but as time passed, and the sounds grew louder and the different species landing on their planet, so too did their curiosities grow. Some organizations left after realizing an intelligent species existed, some took more care to mine around them, and some didn't care. This showed the Claydoish that not all life was the same. Not all had to survive, yet not all lived for each other. Claydoish soon developed patterns of understanding and speech to communicate and learn from their visitors, which made them venture from their safe caves underground.
Unfortunately, things changed when the Great Sith Wars loomed up above. The Claydoish were captured and examined, becoming slaves or used for sithspawn experiments. Their strength, unique genetic abilities, and capability in darkness showed to be a strong asset for laborers and combat experiments. The strong hold of the Sith only lasted for a year, as the governance of the Sith changed hands, and so too did the eye on the Claydoish slowly turn away. By 3950 BBY, the Sith had abandoned the Claydoish, being recalled to the wars, which the Claydoish used to retreat deeper into their home, deeper into the darkness. They hid away, deep within the hotter core, and slowly moving back to their original homes, for almost 5,000 years. Only within half of that time, had they started sending scouts to reclaim what the Sith and other organizations had abandoned - their technology. Through the left technology and the forced assimilation, the Claydoish were quickly advanced in their own technology levels, and understandings of science and language.
Edited by Ailred Vruumond, 06 August 2018 - 03:22 PM.