OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To flesh out the Myrkr system
- Image Credit: Links Below
- Canon: Myrkr
- Links:Link1 - Link2- Link3 - Image4 (Game Star Wars Battlefront 2) - Link5 - Link6 - Link7 - Link8 - Image9 (Game Rage) -Header, separators, edits and labels by Nibsani
Natural Beauty of Myrkr
- Planet Name: Myrkr
- Demonym: Myrkri
- Region: Inner Rim
- System Name: Myrkr System
- System Features: Single yellow-orange primary star and the planet Myrkr
- Coordinates: AB-23
- Major Imports:Recruits, Raw Materials, Food
- Major Exports: Soldiers, Military Equipment, Fauna (Particularly Ysalamiri)
- Primary Terrain: Forest
- Atmosphere:Type 1
- Major Locations:
- Hyllyard City - The largest open settlement on the planet, containing the majority of Myrkr's commercial and industrial base, situated on the edge of the Great Northern Forest, with expansive starport facilities. This is the primary trade, governmental and economic hub of the planet.
- The Great Northern Forest - The largest unbroken stretch of forest on the planet, covering hundreds of miles, encompassing Hyllyard City, Cerar Kandosii, and much of the continent.
- Cerar Kandosii - Clan Australis Headquarters, a massive subterranean city located a hundred or so miles from Hyllyard, under a large mountain range. Extensive military training facilities spread out from the base, going deep into the forest around.
- Orbital Locations - The planetary shield entrance point is the Shield Gate Station. It is guarded by a pair of MDP1 defence stations, an MDP2 station, an MDP3 Fighterbase, and an Orbital Garrison. Many of these additions and upgrades to the planetary defences were made after the fateful Galactic Alliance attack on the world. (Note : These defences are intended to resist attack, not prevent people from writing on the world whenever they want; something they are free to do without malice!)
- Native Species: Ysalamiri, Vornskrs, Snaggletooth Boar, Dar'Olar, Marauder Mesen'lora, Napna Vornskr, Mandalorian Vornskr, Darasuum Hecr
- Immigrated Species: Human
- Population:Moderately Populated
- Demographics:Mostly human, some alien, including Gurlanin, Togorians, Wookiees, Ewoks, Bith, Gen'Dai.
- Primary Languages : Basic and Mando'a
- Culture:Military industrial based economy, martial, frontier lifestyle, basic levels of comfort. People on Myrkr are generally there to work or train, so there is little idle time. Business is booming, and that generates wealth, which makes for a generally happy population. Work ethics and professionalism are commonly held among the locals.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
- Affiliation: Mandalorian Empire
- Freedom & Oppression: Free. Law and order is maintained by the local police force, which is well funded. Employment is very high, which keeps crime down. Trouble is rare, and justice swift. It's reasonably safe to walk the streets, even at night. Just don't go past the walls.
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
- Military:Heavy (Clan Capital)
- Technology:State of the art
Though Myrkr was always a dangerous world right throughout galactic history up until the Plague years, most of the danger in days past came from smugglers, criminals, and the wild vornskrs in the forests. Much time has passed since then, and although modern Myrkr resembles its historical look from a distance, the closer you look, the more you realise it has become a far more dangerous place.
Myrkr was far from untouched during the great tumult of the galaxy. Whole areas of the planet were devastated, species mutated, killed off, and entire areas burned in untended wildfires caused by asteroid strikes and lightning storms. After this time, civilisation began to return to the much changed, and much wilder planet. Immediately, encounters were reported with new and deadly species, many of them far more large and aggressive than anything previously seen.
Much later, the Mandalorian Empire brought the world of Myrkr into dominion of their space. Whole reams of records from that time were lost to history during the Civil War and subsequent minor conflicts, though the world remained part of Mandalorian Empire space, it was hardly touched by the hand of the Empire, once occupied, and the stories of the adventures, of underground civilisations and incredible beasts were lost to myth and legend, though stories still remain among the locals to this day.
After the Red Coronation, General Kaine Australis was granted the planetary governorship by Mand'alor Yasha Mantis, and moved his clan and his people to the world lock stock and barrel. With the financial backing of the arms company MandalArms, the Clan went to work terraforming damaged areas of the planet, cleaning the atmosphere, and constructing a mammoth underground facility to house Clan Australis.
Myrkr had never been a heavily populated system, however this was during the time of Manda'yaim's restoration, and many refugees were seeking home and employment; thus the Clan found itself with no shortage of willing manpower. In time, as projects were completed and new expansions begun, much of the workforce chose to join Clan Australis, and begin their lives as part of the overall family, many choosing to make Myrkr their home. Though life in Hyllyard and Cerar Kandosii was comfortable, if somewhat rustic, outside the main settlements, Myrkr remained untamed and deadly to the unprepared.
The presence of an increased population brought increased contact with the local wildlife, and several new species were identified, almost all dangerous and hostile. The danger though, paled in comparison to the darkest day in recent memory, when the world was bombarded from orbit by the Galactic Alliance, killing thousands and starting wildfires that killed thousands more.
Once the fires were out, and the bodies accounted for, the by now much larger and more powerful Clan Australis set to rebuilding and restoring Myrkr. Though the scars from the fire would take time to heal, the buildings and infrastructure was back within weeks of the disaster. Defences were upgraded, including a planetary shield, and added orbital stations and weapons platforms.
Today, Myrkr is a strong and productive world, training thousands of Australis and other Mandalorian soldiers in the arts of war. Though the population of Cerar Kandosii and Hyllyard combined dwarfs the entire rest of the planet, there are still habitations, camps and settlements elsewhere, but most are temporary and all are small. The forests and jungles provide excellent experience in the unknown, danger, and difficult and wild terrain for the recruits that come to Myrkr. It can be a dangerous place, but as the home of Clan Australis, it represents a strong, defiant bastion of freedom and the prosperity of the Mandalorian Empire.
Cerar Kandosii Interior
Edited by Kaine Australis, 07 August 2018 - 03:28 AM.