OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a competent admiral for the Sith Armada
- Image Credit: Click - Wookieepedia
- Role: Admiral in the Reach of the Sith, formerly the Prefect of Occupied Commenor
- Links: N/A
- Age: 56
- Force Sensitivity: Non-Force User
- Species: Human
- Appearance: Corpulent, yet smartly dressed, the man known as Admiral Dathart is the epitome of contrast. His standard issue naval uniform hugs tightly to his overweight form, the consequences of a life of vice and excess, with the collar smothered beneath many rolling folds and chins that bubble up over the uniform's neckline. His receding hair is combed back and slicked with oil, and his facial hair is styled into a sharp handlebar mustache in accordance with his homeworld's customs. Yet behind his slovenly appearance is the mind of a tactician and strategist, a mind that has allowed him to rise through the meritocratic ranks of the New Sith Empire.
- Name: Admiral Coroct Bartholomew Dathart III, Naval Commander of Task Force Midwan
- Loyalties: The Sith Empire
- Wealth: Very Wealthy
- Inheritor of his family's estate, including the many plantations on Oorn Tchis and the profits that come from them
- Paid by the Sith Empire in accordance with his rank and deeds
- Accumulated spoils of war from multiple campaigns, especially Commenor
- Notable Possessions:
- Capable Naval Commander
- Cunning Strategist
- Excellent Organizer
- Savvy Businessman
- Personality: Though his appearance may beget the idea that Admiral Dathart is an oafish man, such things would be furthest from the truth. His mind is highly analytical, and his wit and cunning as sharp as obsidian. In an age where the greatest military minds and warriors of the Sith Empire are comprised of men and women who have earned their position through merit, the hefty Dathart expertly navigated the political waters of the Empire and proved that, despite outward appearances, he was more than capable of going toe-to-toe with the wiliest of opponents.
Yet, in contrast with his contemporaries, Dathart despised physical combat and abhorred the idea of being down in the muck with the grunts, openly preferring the macro level of battle from the safety and security of his immaculate command bridge. This earned him contempt from other military commanders who embraced the concept of intimate battle.
Beyond his capabilities as a naval commander and politician of the Empire, Dathart also conducted himself in various business dealings with the Corporate Sector that amassed him a wealth not so easily scoffed at. He was fluent in roughly ten different languages, ranging from Basic, Huttese, Binary, Shyriiwook, Mon Calamarian, and Rodese, and could switch between languages with little difficulty.
- Weapon of Choice:
- Flagship: Preventor-class Interdictor Battlecruiser, Iron Halo
- Personal Weapon: VP-9 Heavy Particle Beam Pistol
- Combat Function: Admiral Dathart abhors any form of intimate combat, preferring to command vast armadas from his command ship in a safe, secure, and sterile environment. War, he reckons, should be fought from a distance rather than up-close. When things do turn sour and he's forced into such predicaments, he's not afraid to pull out his particle beam pistol and defend himself as he strategically withdraws to a more advantageous position; primarily his shuttle or an escape pod.
- Bold Tactician: Admiral Dathart is known throughout the Empire for his irregular and unorthodox methods of command, particularly his unabashed boldness in pursuing his own strategies. Whereas another commander may exercise caution and restraint, Dathart instead leaps into action with such youthful vigor and determination that belies his age.
- Competent Administrator: Possessing a mind for organization and delegation, Admiral Dathart proved himself a worthy administrator when he was given command of policing Occupied Commenor. Though ultimately his tenure ended when he was commanded to vacate the planet before the rebels could take him, his deeds were not forgotten by his superiors who placed further responsibilities upon him.
- Physically Incapable: A life of excess and opulence has made Dathart's physical body corpulent and slovenly, his girth barely constrained by the tight articles of clothing he wore on a daily basis. He could not run for long distances or for a long time without succumbing to shortness of breath, nor could he hope to wield any sort of melee weapon without tiring. His mind is his true weapon, and it remains far more honed than any part of his body could hope to be.
- Flight preferred to Fight: Though a wild and unpredictable naval commander, Dathart has no reservations about retreating should the odds be too far stacked in his opponent's favor. Going on living is preferable to going down with the ship, no matter how dishonorable his contemporaries may view his actions.
Coroct Bartholomew Dathart III was the ninth son of Coroct II and Nadisava Dathart, born on the Outer Rim agriworld of Oorn Tchis to a wealthy land-owning family of plantation gentry. From an early age the young Coroct knew nothing of hardship or strife, and as the last child of a large litter of elder siblings, his mother and father hardly put much effort or consideration into his future.
Despite this mild neglect, Coroct immersed himself in learning and knowledge, utilizing his considerable allowance to amass a small library of tomes and holobooks on over two dozen different subjects. He was particularly interested in starships and military history and envisioned himself at the head of an armada so vast and mighty that it could eclipse the stars that hung drearily over his homestead.
He enrolled in the local Imperial academy on his own volition, rejecting the traditions of his agricultural family that his other siblings had engrossed themselves with. He turned out to be a quick study, a voraciousness in his pursuit of knowledge that rivaled his penchant for fine foods and drinks.
Coroct graduated the academy at the age of twenty-three and was assigned to Oorn Tchis' defensive fleet in orbit above the planet. He served dutifully and with distinction until the collapse of the Old Sith Empire, which saw his Imperial rank stripped of him and a shameful return to the home he had originally abandoned. Not willing to be sidelined after the fall of the Empire, Coroct gathered what wealth of his he could amass from his inheritance and struck out for other worlds in the Outer Rim.
He traveled near and far, absorbing the sights he saw and accumulating a vast distaste for the Republic and Jedi occupation of former Imperial worlds, which saw a noticeable uptick in crime and villainy as the firm hand of the Empire was torn away from local systems. He found many like-minded political agitators on Canto Bight, where he gambled and maneuvered through the murky corporate waters of the Corporate Alliance and amassed quite a considerable wealth in the process. Sometime during this period of his life, Coroct managed to bind the Talortai assassin, Skah Hotah, to his service.
In 845 ABY, Coroct joined a political party called the Patrician Alliance which sought to overturn much of the democratic policies that had pervaded much of the former Imperial territories in the region, though they were far too extreme to ever gain any significant traction in the political theater. After leaving the party in 846, Coroct formed his own political party called the Rim Revolution Front which eschewed the more political elements of the Patrician Alliance in favor of bold military action against the Silver Jedi and the growing Dominion.
His pro-Imperialist revolutionary activities caught the eye of the burgeoning New Sith Empire that was slowly spreading across the Braxant Run, and he was approached by members of the Imperial government with an offer to join the Sith Empire as a captain in the Imperial Armada. Coroct accepted and was granted control of a small fleet of frigates and cruisers to conduct campaigns across the Tingel Arm, and eventually rose in prominence to become Rear Admiral of the Iron Lance Formation.
Valiant action at Krayiss II, Ession, Coruscant, and most recently Commenor paved the way for his promotion to Admiral. He was given command of the Preventor-class Interdictor Battlecruiser, Iron Halo, and was further given the position of Military Prefect of the Imperial Commenor Client State and charged with maintaining Imperial order on the native Commenori.
Admiral Dathart held this position as territorial governor for the better part of two standard years before the Empire's hold on the system became untenable, the cost of doing so starting to outweigh the profit of exploiting the native people. Commanded by his superiors to begin marshaling the occupational force to leave Commenor, Dathart took his sweet time accumulating the remaining wealth and wonders of Commenor onto his personal yacht. Dathart's personal retinue managed to leave Commenor shortly before the Commenori rose up in revolt against the remaining Imperial forces.
Because of Dathart's skill and competency in running a belligerent state like Commenor, he was appointed to serve as the commander of Task Force Midwan, which comprised one-third of the total forces present in the gargantuan fleet known as the Reach of the Sith. In this new post, Dathart would be able to continue to exploit the neutral systems around his old Commenori stomping grounds, much to the chagrin of the local militias who weren't equipped enough to contend with him.
Edited by Darth Carnifex, 16 February 2019 - 04:37 PM.
Submission Mod per OP