OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A standard light escort, diplomatic courier, and planetary survey vessel for Atrisia and the First Order
- Image Source: NEAS Protector from Galaxy Quest (ModDB.com)
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: Consular-class Cruiser
- Manufacturer: The Atrisian Commonwealth
- Affiliation: The Atrisian Commonwealth, The First Order
- Model: Tsubaki-class Light Explorer
- Production: Minor
- Material: Durasteel (frame), Kathor-Duranium composite (hull plating), Transparisteel (viewports)
- Classification: Light Explorer
- Length: 115m
- Width: 70m
- Height: 40m
- Armament: Low
- Defenses: Low
- Hangar: None
- Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
- Speed Rating: Moderate
- Hyperdrive Class: Moderate: 1.0 (primary), Very Slow: 10 (backup)
- Sensor Mask. The Tsubaki-class employed a sensor mask that obfuscated its electromagnetic signature as a form of passive stealth, making the ship more difficult to detect.
- Maneuvering. The Tsubaki-class design incorporated strategic placement of its maneuvering thrusters, resulting in ship handling that was better-than-average for a vessel of its size.
- Planetfall Profile. The Tsubaki-class was designed to land on terrestrial objects and operate within planetary atmospheres, as a result its aerodynamic profile was selected for flight performance in a variety of situations and environments.
- Science Vessel. The Tsubaki-class has exceptional com-scan capabilities, being designed as a exploration vehicle. It's long-range detection and ranging capabilities were on par with ships many times larger than it was.
- Unique Electromagnetic Signature. Atrisian vessels use a unique Hoersch-Kessel ion drive design for their main propulsion. The resulting engine wash is faintly radioactive. This electromagnetic signature was distinguishable from background cosmic radiation and allowed Atrisian vessels to be tracked or detected.
- Light Armor. The Tsubaki-class used a Kathor-Duranium composite for its hull in order to reduce weight and improve atmospheric aerodynamic performance. As a consequence, the hull plating was less resilient to damage than the durastell hull of dedicated military vessels.
- Atmospheric to Interstellar Transition Delay. The dual-drive engines of the Tsubaki-class automatically handle power distribution between the hyperdrive, ion drive, and repulsorlift generators in order to maximize performance depending on flight profile (atmospheric or interstellar). Because of this, the hyperdrive is disabled while the ship is flying on repulsorship (inside planetary gravity). When the repulsorlift is disabled, there is a delay before the hyperdrive comes on-line.
The Tsubaki-class was the first vessel produced by the Atrisian Commonwealth that saw large-scale production. Constructed at the orbital fleet yards over the planet Frisal, the Tsubaki-class is a modern take on the classic Consular-class cruiser of the Old Republic, filling the role of escort vessel and diplomatic courier while primarily designed as a science vessel. As a result, the Tsubaki-class was frequently seen across the Core Region, the former worlds of the Galactic Alliance, and First Order space.
The Tsubaki-class was also the first vessel produced by the Atrisian Commonwealth that operated under the flag of both the Atrisian Commonwealth and the First Order. While visually distinct for different color palettes and emblematics, both the Atrisian and the First Order versions of the Tsubaki shared the same Hoersh-Kessel ionized reactor core, meaning that they shared the same electronic signature in their sub-light trails.
Edited by Shoma Ike, 18 August 2018 - 03:09 AM.