OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To add another RP location to the Hodasal system for ongoing faction and business RP
- Image Credit: Link - Link (Rammstein - Links 2 3 4 music video) - Link
- Canon: No
- Links: Clan Australis, MandalArms, Yobo of Clan Australis
- City Name: Mandadnam Hive
- Classification: Metropolis
- Location: Planet Ashrah, Hodasal System
- Affiliation: MandalArms
- Demographics: Almost entirely Killiks of the Mandadnam nest. Outsiders know well to avoid the Hive, and the risks of becoming Joiners. Some Hodasii and others will inevitably become joiners but they will number a couple of dozen among uncountable Killiks.
- Wealth: The massive production output of the unified industrious insectoid Killiks ensures the hive is wealthy.
- Stability: High - Controlled chaos. The hive mind efficiently instructs each member of the hive as to their assigned task, and the nest acts towards common purpose of survival, growth, and expansion.
- Description: From the surface, high spitcrete mounds tower over the surrounding forests. Underneath, great tunnels into the planet open up on large subterranean galleries and caverns filled with the bustling insectoids.
POINTS OF INTEREST
The Surface - The high towering spitcrete mounds are the main visible sign of the colony's location, stretching many hundreds of meters into Ashrah's pristine sky. The Killiks are resourceful and environmentally conscious, with neatly arranged docking ports and hangar openings artfully built into the bedrock to allow for transport ships to come and go, the economic lifeblood of the nest.
The Manufactorium - By far the largest single cavern, this gargantuan pit is lidded with docking ports that can recieve bulk transports down into the landing areas. The docking area is but a relatively tiny part of the huge central underground manufacturing facility, all housed within the one big cavern. Below the landing platforms, the cavern stretches for a mile into the depths, with production lines working on reproducing items to order with no shortage of willing pincers to do the work. Legion upon legion of insects work on loading and unloading the vessels, and turnover is fast and efficient. The raw materials go below, and the finished goods come up to the landing area.
None - Killiks are a peaceful race, and the colony is devoted to industry, not aggression.
Following the peaceful Mandalorian colonization of the Hodasal system, and the operations of the Parja Shipyards, the Hodasii's answer to their new need for a manufacturing base of galactic standards was answered by the Warmaster Kaine Australis himself, with an unorthodox but effective solution. Killiks.
At great cost and risk, he found a Killik Queen and a dying hive, slowly entering its decline, and made a bargain. At first, the Queen wanted Kaine himself for a joiner, but accepted the offer of a suitable substitute, strong in the Force, and able to lend strength and direction to the nest. That being was Yobo of Clan Australis, head of MandalArms.
Once Yobo and the Queen had bonded, and the little alien had become a joiner, the nest's identity transformed. Where once the insects merely went through a balanced and finite life cycle, they now possessed the five hundred plus years experience of their new Prime Mandadnam, and his connection to the Force with him.
Ever industrious, but now no longer self-defeating in terms of exhausting their own resources, the Hive exploded in population and grew exponentially for a time before slowing to a more manageable rate of expansion. During this time of spreading, as the Killiks called it, the hive grew fifty times as much underground as it did above the surface, with massive spitcrete spires pronouncing the location of the nest's new home.
The Hodasii were welcoming of their new neighbors, though the Mandalorians had made quite clear the dangers of becoming Joiners, and they had been warned to limit their contact and keep their distance from the Hive. Transport schedules were arranged accordingly, and many Hodasii start-up freighting companies made their first profits doing runs to and from the Hive.
Efficiency and speed of transfer of cargo became a hallmark of the hive's operations, as the insects wanted to be efficient, and the spacers wanted to get away as quickly as possible.
Edited by Kaine Australis, 16 September 2018 - 11:39 PM.