OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a fearful apparition that stalks Dohmus Prime, and can be used for further story ideas down the road.
- Image Credit: Dela Longfish
- Canon: N/A
- Links: N/A
- Name: Spirits of Auroros
- Designation: Sentient
- Homeworld: Dohmus Prime
- Language: Telepathy
- Average Lifespan: Assumed from hundreds or thousands.
- Estimated Population: Semi-Unique
- Description: Many who ever see one of these Spirits claim that while its legs and apendages move in accordance of walking, or running, it doesn't bob or move like humanoids. Instead it floats just barely above the ground. A wispy trail follows it, and when standing still, those same wisps float upwards as if a flame encompasses the body. A wiry frame that seemingly to resemble some form of natural chitin armor, or the likes of hardened or calloused skin over the body. Some have spoken its actions coincide with that of the Starweird, as a form of cousins, or Kin.
- Breathes: It is assumed not to be breathing, however, mostly seen in Type I atmospheric conditions.
- Average height of adults: 1.7 meters
- Average length of adults: N/A
- Skin color: Range of Blacks, greys, whites, sandy browns.
- Hair color: N/A
- Distinctions: Floating like movements, Completely exposed flesh, Wisps coming from various places upon the body, Telepathy as a form of communication,
- Races: N/A, Number too few to have any forms of races.
- Strengths: [ 2 minimum ]
- Sustenance: The creature or apparitions are never seen to be eating, or consuming any form of food. As well as never leaving behind any excrement. Considering all supposed meetings or interactions with these beings, while only a handful, are consistent with none eating people, animals, or the like.
- Potential Force: Through the use of telepathy, it can be assumed that these Spirits may have once been force sensitives who have long since passed away and became these spirits, or they are a creature that has naturally evolved over time to have developed telepathy to speak to people. It is unsure if they also speak to beasts, or creatures of the world with this as well. While most instances of these creatures show potential force powers, The few that have manifested themselves were likely the most powerful of their species, and thus Non-force Sensitives are likely left behind wherever they came from.
- Apparition of Light: Many have attributed these spirits to be tied with the Aurora that takes place on the poles of Dohmus Prime due to them only showing up in close proximity to these phenomena. While they have been seen only a very small number of times further away from the poles, most encounters are listed as being near the magnetic poles of the planet. Every occurrence of meeting one, has begun, or ended with the creature disappearing from visible sight. It is unsure if the creature is simply turning invisible due to a lack of photons being emitted from the Aurora lights, or teleportation.
- Weaknesses: [ 2 minimum ]
- Many Unknowns: These creatures are unknown, and considered dangerous. With a severe lack of interactions, most being seen by happen-stance, never by a raiding party, they are illusive and categorized as a danger to society. None of these beings have been caught or captured, or interacted with on an intelligent level. Secondary to this, some have been seen with bladed arms of some construction or form. The Governments of Dohmus Prime have thusly named and decreed that these beings be killed or captured.
- Physical interaction: As no one have ever caught one of these creatures, many assume they are not of this "realm" or existence and only can be seen when walking between two different plains of existence. As such, they cannot truly interact with physical objects in our world. In one noted incident, a Spirit was attempting to touch a console of a speeder, but was unable to affect, or interact with it in any form. As such, they can't seemingly harm, or physically affect any person, being, creature, or object on Dohmus Prime.
- Sensitivities: On only two accounts of any interactions with these Spirits, They have left the area or the visible spectrum of the witnesses via loud, or obtrusive sounds. One of these made an account of the backfiring of a speeder caused the creature to back away and "cover it's ears." The second account was that of a crying baby. While they were in a valley and the cries echoed off of the surrounding environment, it disturbed the being to back away from the family and leave them alone because of the scared infant.
- Diet: As they have never been seen eating or consuming anything, they do not eat food.
- Communication: Telepathy. The few interactions that have ended in telepathy with people who have heard their "voice" was a garbled mess that they could not understand. However, the mention of "A voice echoing within their head" has been confirmed.
- Technology level: It is unsure if they are former spirits, or a species of creatures. However, lack of using any technology causes a consensus that they lack any technology like that of the galactic standard.
- Religion/Beliefs: With so few in number and only sightings of them alone, they do not have any apparent forms of religion or belief systems.
- General behavior: Typically curious of the technology that any person may have with them, some are seen hunched down and lonely with a soft saunter for their pace of exploring the area they have appeared in. However, there are a rare few that have been seen without hands, and have "bladed arms" that have attempted to float over towards the person or group that have spotted them. Due to the group escaping or running away from the spirit, it is unsure if they were angry and attacked out of any ill intent, or were attempting to defend themselves out of fear, or territorial reasons.
An older gentleman is drinking at the bar. Mumbling to himself about "Spirits." Everyone has kept their distance from him for fear of his mental capacities being compromised, or worse. Drinking alone, he downs his full glass with ease. Upon closer inspection, his gear is meant for cold weather. While it was chilly out today, it has not been cold enough for the amount of furs and gear he is wearing.
Walking up to him, The simple question of what he is speaking to himself about comes up. The skin upon his face turns pale as you speak to him. His voice goes somber as he explains the story of these "Spirits of Auroros." These elusive creatures or beings that simply appear before him and others who have spent much time in the Northern pole. While the weather is harsh, and prevents life on a more fertile level such as a jungle or a Forrest, there are few who live in the white caps of Dohmus Prime. He speaks of meeting one the last time he was up there.
A skeletal faced being with a chitin body that walked forth to his speeder. Inspecting it as a careful creature might would. Acting on instinct alone. He mentions the creature speaking to him within his mind. Hearing the echo of a voice he couldn't understand. Some language that was harsh, but fluid and flowed in his mind. Fearful of it, he didn't respond to the creature the multiple times it spoke to him. With a change, the creature's limbs exposed themselves as pointed blades. Reaching up and barely touching the glass viewport of the speeder. Without a second thought, the crazy man gunned the speeder out of the area.
He talks of telling his co-workers of the incident, but they all push him off, and shove his ideas to the side. He speaks of hunting the creature down to find out what it wanted, to understand the language, but never being able to see it again, or even get close to finding it. He speaks as though this creature is a ghost. An apparition that only the few can see let alone understand. As he has been searching for years now, he has finally given up and downs his final glass of the night.
A lone warning to you as a traveler and adventurer of these parts.
"Keep your eye to the sky. The Aurora has some connection to them, and they to it. Hunt it all you like, waste your life like I have mine. Just stay safe."
Edited by Shaun Castanic, 25 September 2018 - 02:52 AM.