Here's just a general grab bag of ideas. Feel free to critique or support it. This ain;t meant to be a salt fest, just a crowd source with an original template of how we can make things more juicy round here.
I'll start with Rebellions. Here's the old.
- Rebellions allow Minor Factions to claim or neutralize Major Factions’ territory.
TARGETS OF REBELLIONS
- A Major Faction’s third completed Dominion in a month is vulnerable for 10 days after the Dominion is submitted in the Map Update thread.
- Any hex belonging to a recalled Major Faction is vulnerable to Rebellion.
HOW TO DECLARE A REBELLION
- Any Minor Faction or group of Minor Factions may launch a Rebellion, so long as they have been Minor Factions for at least 30 days.
- Rebellions cannot be started by Minor Factions that are owned by members who hold a position as a Major Faction Admin/Owner on any of their characters.
- To declare a Rebellion, a Minor Faction Owner must make a clearly labelled OOC thread in the Roleplay Discussion forum and tag the Owner/Admins of the Major Faction being attacked.
- Any other Minor Faction may join the Rebellion by posting their intention in the same thread.
HOW TO END A REBELLION
- A Rebellion ends 10 days after the creation of the IC Rebellion thread.
Here's my Proposed.
- Flashpoints are the harbingers of chaos and chance, and represent random and sometimes naturally occurring events in the Galaxy of Star Wars RP: Chaos.
- In a Flashpoint where more than 2 sides are involved every IC post must clearly label the side being represented.
TARGETS OF FLASHPOINTS
- Every time a new Rebellion or Invasion is declared, a member of the SWRP Staff Team will roll a ten-sided die in the #dice_rolls discord channel. If the Rebellion/Invasion thread's roll lands on a 10, a Flashpoint is declared and the prefix of the thread is changed to Flashpoint.
- When a thread is declared a Flashpoint, it will follow a set of further rules in addition to the rules determined by the type of thread it was prior to becoming a Flashpoint.
- These rules are decided by a second 4-sided dice roll by Staff in the #flashpoint discord channel, and the corresponding number will decide which modifier to apply to the thread.
- A Role-play Judge will be assigned to a Flashpoint to ensure a modicum of law and to answer all questions arising from the Chaos.
- If a 1 is rolled, the Rebellion is immediately crushed and the Flashpoint is to be treated as a successful Dominion.
- If a 2 is rolled, the Major Faction owning the planet has put up a blockade, limiting the amount of people from each Minor Faction that joins to a maximum of 5 characters.
- If a 3 is rolled, two adjacent hexes to this Rebellion (to be determined by Staff) are now also open to Rebellion for the next 10 days.
- If a 4 is rolled, Major Factions may also join the Rebellion and join either side.
- If a 1 is rolled, the victor will claim the two hexes closest (to be determined by staff) to the invasion hex from the losing Faction. These will be returned to neutral if dictated so by influence cloud rules.
- If a 2 is rolled, Requesting Aid restrictions are lifted.
- If a 3 is rolled, each participating Major Faction must invite a second Major Faction as an ally.
- If a 4 is rolled, a Minor Faction may declare Rebellion and join the invasion to make it a three way battle. If declared victorious Rebellion rules apply. Any further Minor Factions may join the Flashpoint by posting their intention in the OOC thread.
MAJOR FACTION MANDATES
- Mandates are unique characteristics that may be adopted by a Major Faction that provide the Major Faction a bonus.
CHOOSING A MANDATE
- A Major Faction Owner must declare his/her Mandate in the Map Update Thread upon their Faction being approved for Major status.
- Major Faction Mandates and their dates changed will be displayed in the Major Faction Mandates thread.
CHANGING A MANDATE
- A Major Faction Owner may request their Mandate be changed once every 60 days in the Map Update Thread.
MAJOR FACTION MANDATES
Strength: Droids and AI do not count against this Faction's Invasion Requesting Aid slots when defending or attacking.
Strength: This faction may invade two different Major Factions simultaneously.
Strength: Hexes adjacent to this Major Faction's Capital Planet hex are immune to Rebellions.
Weakness: The Capital Hex cannot be moved.
Strength: Companies established in this Major Faction's influence cloud may begin at or upgrade to Tier III.
Strength: This faction may claim a fourth Dominion per month.
Weakness: The fourth Dominion claimed may also be targeted by Rebellions in addition to the 3rd.
Strength: Hexes this Major Faction owns may not be the target of Rebellions or Flashpoints.
Weakness: This Major Faction may only claim one Dominion per month.
Strength: Once a month, this Major Faction may choose either to 1) re-roll any Flashpoint modifier of any thread it is involved in once or 2) roll a second time for an additional Flashpoint modifier on a thread it is involved in.
Strength: The number of Dominions this Major Faction may complete a month is now equal to the number of Codex Location & Species submissions approved on planets within the Faction's Influence Cloud, at a maximum of 4. None of these Dominions may be targets of Rebellions.
Weakness: This Major Faction may not Dominion any planet from the Mid-Rim to the Deep Core, only the Tingel Arm/Unknown Regions/Wild Space/Outer Rim.
Strength: Once a month, this Major Faction may abandon their current Influence Cloud & Capital Planet and relocate elsewhere on the map as if they were a creating a new Major Faction.
Weakness: The Major Faction may not use this Mandate's strength if the Major Faction is currently engaged in an incomplete Invasion, Rebellion, or Dominion.
Strength: This Major Faction has an infinite number of Requesting Aid slots when it is defending a hex it owns from an Invasion.
Weakness: This Major Faction has no Requesting Aid slots when it is Invading a hex.
Strength: Bounty Hunters with at least one Player Character Bounty capture listed in their Character Biographies do not count against this Faction's Requesting Aid slots when defending or attacking in an Invasion.
Strength: Characters with unclaimed bounties on their heads do not count against this Faction's Requesting Aid slot when defending or attacking in an Invasion.
Weakness: This Major Faction's threads are open to Bounty Hunters, regardless of their Faction. Private threads are excluded.
PROPOSED TO ADD
Invasion Proposed Changes:
Edited by RC 212, 23 September 2018 - 02:13 PM.