OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Resub the old TSA frigate used by TSE
- Image Source: Click
- Canon Link: Ardent-class Fast Frigate
- Primary Source:
- Manufacturer: Sith-Imperial Corps of Engineers
- Model: Velox-class Fast Frigate
- Affiliation: The Sith Empire
- Production: Minor
- Classification: Escort Frigate
- Length: 400m
- Width: 245m
- Height: 117m
- Armament: Low
- Turbolaser Batteries
- Point-Defense Laser Cannons
- Defenses: Average
- Deflector Shields
- Reinforced Hull
- Electronic Defenses
- Cap Drain
- Sensor Jammers
- Comm Jammers
- Missile Jammers
- Internal Defenses
- Defensive Autoblasters
- Ray Shields
- Turadium Bulkheads
- Advanced Biometrics
- Extensive Security Camera System
- Laser Grids
- Hangar Space: Average
- 2 Squadrons
- Hangar Allocations:
- Starfighters: 2 Starfighter Squadrons
- Support Craft: 0 Starfighter Squadrons
- Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
- Speed Rating: Moderate
- Hyperdrive Class: Average
- Frigate-class Sensor System (HSI/DER/EPR/AS/LFI)
- Frigate-class Encrypted Communication System
- Frigate-class Navigation Systems
- Integrated Fleet Command Data Exchange Network
- Gotta Go Fast: The Velox was designed to be a quick and maneuverable support ship to larger Sith-Imperial warships, able to be moved to any position in battle and remain a flexible asset.
- Squishy: While it may be fast, the Velox won't last long under sustained and concentrated enemy fire.
The philosophy of the Sith Empire revolved around the idea of martial strength, which led to the initial creation of large warships and battlecruisers. The idea of smaller more maneuverable ships was almost an afterthought, but it was eventually conceded that such ships were an integral part of any fleet composition. Thus the Engineering Corps quickly began conceptualization and construction of a new design of warship to act as the mucilage between the already existing larger starships.
That brand was the Velox-class Fast Frigate, a four-hundred-meter long vessel capable of achieving fast speeds relatively quickly and making tight maneuvers on the fly. However, the ship was lightly armored and lightly armed but was allowed the accompaniment of a single starfighter squadron in its small ventral hangar bay.
Besides acting as a support ship for larger Imperial fleets, the Velox has also been known to serve as a patrol ship for territories both newly conquered and long since integrated.
Edited by Darth Carnifex, 07 June 2019 - 10:54 AM.