The Grand Eleamentas
[Artstation - Massive Worm by Lennart Verhoeff]
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Creating a sort of mythic creature to add some spice.
- Image Credit: X
- Canon: N/A
- Name: The Eleamentas [The Sak-erekus]
- Designation: Semi-sentient
- Homeworld: Sraeljoarsk
- Language: N/A
- Average Lifespan: Unknown, possibly hundreds of thousands of years due to hibernation.
- Estimated Population: Unique
- Description: You can't really glance at these things, the Eleamentas or well the last of their kind (Sak-erekus) is impossibly large, beyond our human understanding of scale. They look like a massive moving amalgamation of rock and flesh.
- Breathes: Type IV
- Average height of adults: 104m circumference
- Average length of adults: 1609m
- Skin color: Grey
- Hair color: N/A
- Distinctions: These creatures are some of the biggest in the known galaxy. However, records show they used to be smaller, in fact Sak-Erekus is more akin to a alpha by comparison to the remains of his ancestors. These creatures have no eyes, no distinguishable limbs. They are one long, thick piece of rock.
- Races: N/A
- Hard Hide: This creatures hide is incredible. It's rock hide is likely a few hundred metres thick. Almost entirely impenetrable to all forms of small arms fire. There's no way boots on the ground with any kind of firepower could take this thing out if they attempted. It would require the firepower of ships and vessels to even damage this creature, or killing it from the inside.
- Destroyer: This creature, when awakened digs and digs, eating everything from rock to flesh. Whatever will go in its mouth, there's nothing it won't or can't crush with its body mass.
- Faster than You: You really wish it was slow, but its not. This lumbering mass might be slower than a ship or speeder but it's faster than any human on foot. It's infinite wriggles onward will be your doom.
- Nom: It will eat anything, including your building full of high grade explosives. As in, you could trick it into eating a building full of explosives and kill it.
- Dumber than you: While it may be physically imposing, it's still dumber than you. You can outsmart this thing, if you don't get crushed or eaten. You could outsmart it by, making it follow you and cause a cave in
- Blind: The Eleamentas is traditionally blind, it relies on smell to find its way.
- Hibernation: These creatures don't actively roam. Well, the only remaining Eleamentas is in a deep state of hibernation, deep under the planets surface close to the core for warmth and the most fertile grounds.
- Indefensible: It has no limbs, if drawn out into an open area; it can't defend itself from a mortar strike or anything of that sort. It is entirely vulnerable to whatever kind of assault that is wrought upon it.
-Addiction: There is a plant that exists on the surface of the planet that carries an incredibly strong odour that drives Eleamentas wild with hunger. This plant only grows in Vo'uldesh nests, and its smell is obscured by their ink. However, once it is removed from the nests a Eleamentas can smell this plant (know as the Weiyem Plant) from miles off, and will typically come rushing to the surface to eat this plant.
- Diet: Everything, including rock.
- Communication: N/A
- Technology level: N/A
- Religion/Beliefs: N/A
- General behavior: These creatures destroy and create, by proxy of their mere existence. They have no violent tendencies nor are they passive. They simply exist, and devour and fertilise the tunnels they leave behind with their droppings. The Eleamentas are aimless beings with no intention other than to feed and procreate. But as the last of their species remains dormant, they have no observable behaviour as of present. Their species is practically extinct.
Billions of years ago, the Eleamentas thrived as the sole noteworthy inhabitants of the massive planet Sraeljoarsk. Typically smaller than the last of their kind. These creatures overtime slowly grew bigger and by extension grew greater in number, however over time food was less available for these massive creatures. And, by proxy they slowly began to die off until only few gargantuan Eleamentas remained. The last of their species has laid dormant for an unknown amount of time.
Their graveyard is one of the largest open areas in the Sraeljoarsk tunnels, and is not even the vicious Draeyde dare awaken the last Eleamentas. As, by now the world had recovered, food was abundant and would likely cause a small resurgence in their numbers, consequentially killing almost all other forms of life in the tunnels.
Edited by Tathra Khaeus, 11 October 2018 - 10:53 PM.