• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

John Locke

John Locke

Character

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 334 posts

I'm just curious about this, but I thought I'd ask. 

A SSD or a Dreadnought are a Major Faction's Flagships, the pinnacle of their military and technological capabilities. And in a real universe as new technologies came along the ship would be put in for a refit every so often to keep them up to date with the new systems. 

So to that end I was wondering if and how we planned to handle those kind of upgrades. If it were a normal ship class I'd just go ahead and sub a brand new ship class, or a version two to incorporate the upgrades, but that's not really possible with an SSD. While it might be possible for a faction to redo a set of three doms and to sub a new ship the previous ships have a history and the people who use them will start developing a connection to their flagship. I'm not saying that we should have the option to refit SSDs, I was just curious to see what thoughts other people had on the topic.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,504 posts

I can see both sides, it would be nice to be able to update these major faction assets as technological advances come along, especially when its a matter of swapping out single systems.

Conversely, the reality of a full refit of such a massive vessel means it would be taken off the line for years at a time, rather than just updating a submission.

This is a great question, and i dont have an easy answer.

John Locke

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

8GgZsVc.gifAKMqA8R.gif128RWQJ.gif

Daro Tarsi

Daro Tarsi

0x

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,402 posts

Kaine AustralisJohn Locke

I might be completely off-base and this is just my opinion as a writer-

But I assumed we were already allowed to do this thing?

First through submission modifications, now I figure you can just resub it and just link back to the old one, which will be archived? I might be wrong though.

Signature_copy.png

Zahori Denko

Zahori Denko

Athora

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,009 posts

Kaine AustralisJohn Locke

I might be completely off-base and this is just my opinion as a writer-

But I assumed we were already allowed to do this thing?

First through submission modifications, now I figure you can just resub it and just link back to the old one, which will be archived? I might be wrong though.

This. Been done already before. 

lxMkKLY.png
rzPvjWG.gifB3VMgGH.gif

John Locke

John Locke

Character

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 334 posts

Kaine AustralisZahori DenkoDaro Tarsi

Well that answers my question :)

Thanks for the replies guys!