OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To update an older submission
- Image Source: Click - Fractalsponge
- Canon Link: Evakmar-KDY transport
- Primary Source:
- Manufacturer: Sith-Imperial Corps of Engineers
- Model: Ferrata-class Corps Assault Carrier
- Affiliation: The Sith Empire
- Production: Minor
- Classification: Planetary Assault Carrier
- Length: 2000 meters
- Width: 1145 meters
- Height: 615 meters
- Armament: Average
-  Quad Medium Turbolasers
-  Twin Heavy Laser Cannons
- Defenses: Very High
- Armor / Shields
- Deflector Shields
- Reinforced Hull
- Electronic Defenses
- Cap Drain
- Sensor Jammers
- Comm Jammers
- Missile Jammers
- Internal Defenses
- Defensive Autoblasters
- Ray Shields
- Turadium Bulkheads
- Advanced Biometrics
- Extensive Security Camera System
- Laser Grids
- Armor / Shields
- Fighter Hangar: Low
- 4 Starfighter Squadrons
- Support Craft Hangar:
- 3 Support Craft Squadron
- Larger Support Craft:
- Ground Force Complement:
- 80,000 Imperial Legionnaires and Support Personnel
- 800 Walkers
- 4674 Repulsorcraft
- Maneuverability Rating: Low
- Speed Rating: Average
- Hyperdrive Class: Average
- Battlecruiser-class Sensor System (HSI/DER/EPR/AS/LFI)
- Battlecruiser-class Encrypted Communication System
- Battlecruiser-class Navigation Systems
- Integrated Fleet Command Data Exchange Network
- Anti-Ordnance EM Probes (Long-Range)
- Missile Deactivation Transmitter (Short-Range)
- Diatrium Capacitance Array
- Planetary Invasion: The Ferrata was designed with one clear purpose in mind - The rapid deployment of an invasion force with the strength of an Army Corps. Because of this, the Ferrata has enough cargo room for over five thousand ground vehicles, seven hundred transports and aerial support craft, and nearly fifty thousand battle-ready soldiers.
- High Defenses: Because of its specific role, the defenses of the Ferrata are extensive. Multi-layered reinforced hulls, powerful deflector shields, and a slew of electronic countermeasures meant to protect the vessel and its occupants during landing operations.
- Low Maneuverability: Large and unwieldy, the Ferrata is a slow meticulous beast that is not inclined to great momentum in both space and atmosphere, trudging along at what can be conscrued as a leisurely pace despite the danger that might surround its passage.
- Low Armament: The Ferrata, while defensively stable, lacks a great deal of offensive weaponry. What weapon systems it does possess are relegated to anti-starfighter, and will require a dedicated escort if besieged by more heavily armed vessels.
One of the shortcomings of the Sith Empire's ability to wage war was that it relied on a hundred different transports and dropships to ferry the Imperial Legion to and from each planet, making any initial engagement a mad scramble to deploy troops at any given location. To remedy this the Dark Lord of the Sith sat down with Alec Sienar to develop a new vessel capable of fielding an army's worth of soldiers and vehicles in one sitting.
Thus the Ferrata-class Corps Assault Carrier was born.
Two kilometers in length, the Ferrata bolsters a large quantity of zero space behind its thick, reinforced, and extensively shielded hull. These defensive measures protect whatever contents the Ferrata may be transporting, which is typically a great deal of Sith-Imperial vehicles and infantry up to a Corps in strength and number. Point-defense turrets and flak guns provide a screen of cover against attack runs and bombers.
Fifteen hangar bays located on both the port and starboard side of the vessel (thirty in total) act as the conduit for the disembarkment of vehicle barges and troop transports, while another two ventral bays serve an identical purpose. The most notable feature of the Ferrata is its ability to land on the surface of a planet via retractable landing gear, acting not only as a carrier but also as a command center to direct the Legion Corps it unleashes.
Edited by Darth Carnifex, 01 April 2019 - 12:58 PM.