OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To update an older submission
- Image Source: Click - Fractalsponge
- Canon Link: Evakmar-KDY transport
- Primary Source:
- Manufacturer: Sith-Imperial Corps of Engineers
- Model: Ferrata-class Corps Assault Carrier
- Affiliation: The Sith Empire
- Production: Minor
- Classification: Planetary Assault Carrier
- Length: 2000 meters
- Width: 1145 meters
- Height: 615 meters
- Armament: Low
- Capital Weapon Emplacements
- Ion Cannons
- Heavy Tractor Beams
- Defensive Weapon Emplacements
- Point-defense Cannons
- Anti-missile Octets
- Flak Cannons
- Quad Laser Cannons
- Capital Weapon Emplacements
- Defenses: High
- Deflector Shields
- Reinforced Hull
- Electronic Defenses
- Cap Drain
- Sensor Jammers
- Comm Jammers
- Missile Jammers
- Internal Defenses
- Defensive Autoblasters
- Ray Shields
- Turadium Bulkheads
- Advanced Biometrics
- Extensive Security Camera System
- Laser Grids
- Hangar: High
- Fighter Squadrons (11)
- Legion Ground Vehicles (5,500)
- All-Terrain Multi-Troop Walker
- All-Terrain Heavy Assault Walker
- All-Terrain Artillery Walker
- All-Terrain Siege Platform
- Claymore-class Repulsortank
- Carnivore-class Heavy Repulsortank
- HAVt Barrage
- WG-114 Mobile Rocket Artillery <Hailstorm>
- WG-211 Self-propelled Howitzer <Powerhammer>
- AW-04 'Harbinger' Artillery Tank/Walker
- Shuttles / Gunships/ Dropships (700)
- Legionary Corps
- 48,541 Legionnaires
- 20,658 Support Personnel
- Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
- Speed Rating: Average
- Hyperdrive Class: Average
- Battlecruiser-class Sensor System (HSI/DER/EPR/AS/LFI)
- Battlecruiser-class Encrypted Communication System
- Battlecruiser-class Navigation Systems
- Integrated Fleet Command Data Exchange Network
- Planetary Invasion: The Ferrata was designed with one clear purpose in mind - The rapid deployment of an invasion force with the strength of an Army Corps. Because of this the Ferrata has enough cargo room for over five thousand ground vehicles, seven hundred transports and aerial support craft, and nearly fifty thousand battle-ready soldiers.
- High Defenses: Because of its specific role, the defenses of the Ferrata are extensive. Multi-layered reinforced hulls, powerful deflector shields, and a slew of electronic countermeasures meant to protect the vessel and its occupants during landing operations.
- Heavy Load: While in the vacuum of space gravity has no consequences on the vessels that occupy it, the opposite is true of planetary atmospheres. The Ferrata moves quite gracefully in deep space, but the moment it enters a planet's atmosphere the massive quantity of its cargo begins to take its toll, slowing the ship's ascent while hastening its descent and generally making it unwieldy in situations that require haste.
- Low Armament: The Ferrata, while defensively stable, lacks a great deal of offensive weaponry. What weapon systems it does possess are relegated to anti-starfighter, and will require a dedicated escort if besieged by more heavily armed vessels.
One of the shortcomings of the Sith Empire's ability to wage war was that it relied on a hundred different transports and dropships to ferry the Imperial Legion to and from each planet, making any initial engagement a mad scramble to deploy troops at any given location. To remedy this the Dark Lord of the Sith sat down with Alec Sienar to develop a new vessel capable of fielding an army's worth of soldiers and vehicles in one sitting.
Thus the Ferrata-class Corps Assault Carrier was born.
Two kilometers in length, the Ferrata bolsters a large quantity of zero space behind its thick, reinforced, and extensively shielded hull. These defensive measures protect whatever contents the Ferrata may be transporting, which is typically a great deal of Sith-Imperial vehicles and infantry up to a Corps in strength and number. Point-defense turrets and flak guns provide a screen of cover against attack runs and bombers, while eight squadrons of fighters and interceptors can be launched from the bays located between and beneath the two command towers running alongside the vessel's superstructure.
Fifteen hangar bays located on both the port and starboard side of the vessel (thirty in total) act as the conduit for the disembarkment of vehicle barges and troop transports, while another two ventral bays serve an identical purpose. The most notable feature of the Ferrata is its ability to land on the surface of a planet via retractable landing gear, acting not only as a carrier but also as a command center to direct the Legion Corps it unleashes.
Edited by Darth Carnifex, 13 October 2018 - 05:34 PM.