Artist's impression of vessel mounting a Stellar Sail array
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A unique power source for unorthodox space vessels
- Image Source: Link
- Canon Link: Solar Sailer
- Primary Source: None
- Manufacturer: MandalArms
- Affiliation: MandalArms, Closed-Market
- Model: SS-1
- Modularity: No
- Production: Limited
- Material: Duranium, Haysian Smelt, Ferrocarbon, Agrinium, Beskar
- Able to absorb incoming energy, thermal, kinetic and electrical, and transmute it into usable power for the vessel it is mounted upon
- Able to absorb incoming energy and channel the excess energy to ships' systems
- Extremely durable, resistant to external damage
- Due to the nature of the mounting, cannot be enclosed within a vessel's shields
- Large surface area and prominent mounting position exposes the unit to attack
With the alliance between the Warmaster and the Pirate Lord Aedan Miles as secure as any alliance between a shameless buckethead and a shameless pirate could be, Kaine commissioned MandalArms to produce a unique and terrible vessel befitting the Pirate's status as a friend to the Empire.
Though the pirate had expressed interest in a solar sail vessel similar to that once owned by Count Dooku, Kaine knew that getting hold of any sort of Gree technology was too tall an order even for MandalArms. Therefore, the scientists were forced to innovate. Their own design was, by virtue of it not being hyper-advanced and hyper-illegal Gree technology, much larger and less efficient than anything the Gree would have produced, it had its own Mandalorian touches.
The advances in materials science produced a solid beskar framework not dissimilar to an ancient sailing ship's mast, and wide sails of a duranium/haysium smelt alloy that were extremely thin, and extremely durable. Up close they would appear as a very fine mesh, layer upon layer, able to flex and bend, and absorb colossal amounts of incoming energy. The mast houses the power capacitors and transfer condiuts, and the entire unit can function as primary or secondary power source for the vessel it is mounted upon.
Though it makes for a very obvious target for an enemy, the unit itself is extremely durable, and with its absorbtion capabilities, the enemy would do far better to target other areas of the vessel, another useful feature of the array. It looks like a juicy target, but to attack it is to aid the vessel it is mounted upon. Mandalorians are a twisted bunch, especially the scientists.