Archangels Stealth Unit
Out of Character Information:
Intent: To provide The Orion Corporation with a unit that can be used for corporate espionage and other combative stealth missions.
Image Credit: N/a
Role: Combat Unit
Links: The Orion Corporation
Unit Name: Archangels
- The Orion Corporation
- Can be hired by interested parties
Classification: Stealth Unit
- Intense training – The Archangels were trained by some of the most experienced veterans that The Orion Corporation could afford. This high quality and intensity of training forged each member of the team into deadly warriors, capable of holding their own against any known combat force currently in the Galaxy.
- Stealth – By utilising the equipment provided by The Orion Corporation and their intense training, the Archangels are an effective stealth unit; they have been known to complete all manner of covert operations, including month-long missions in enemy territories without detection.
- Equipment – Being funded by a large company such as The Orion Corporation has it’s perks. The Archangels have free-range of all products that are produced from the company.
- Morality – Some missions conducted by the Archangels can be considered immoral, therefore it is required for the knowledge of their existence to be a strict need-to-know basis. Funding and materials are required to keep this a secret and to provide The Orion Corporation with built-in deniability if this knowledge makes it to the public domain.
- Costs – Because of the extent of the training that each member of the Archangels undergoes, any replacements in the team will cost The Orion Corporation a lot of credits. New recruits may take a long time to reach active service due to the sheer amount of training that needs to be done.
- Size – The Archangels only feature a maximum of 12 members at a time. This small size was decided as it would be easier to control and keep covert rather than a larger unit. However this small size means that overall effectiveness may not be as great as that of a larger force in extensive operations.
- Sustained combat – Due to the small size of the Archangels, they perform poorly in battles of attrition. Each member of the team is encourage to carry the bare minimum supplies in order to maintain mobility and stealth, and therefore prolonged firefights could see the team run out of ammunition and equipment.
The Archangels were a concept thought of by the CEO of The Orion Corporation, Jaccer Ramirez, as a way for the company to maintain a dominant standpoint in the competitive weapon market. A stealth team such as this would be utilised by the company in order to conduct corporate espionage and sabotage missions on competing manufacturers. However it became evident that the Archangels could be used for greater purposes, and so Jaccer would form the existing team into a special operations stealth unit. This unit would conduct operations all around the Galaxy and would be lead by Jaccer himself on numerous occasions. The Archangels are trained to perform almost any type of covert operation, with some of the most common being assassinations, data collection, and infiltration. The targets for the majority of these missions are leaders or regimes that are considered tyrannical, but are too powerful to overthrow or remove from power in a democratic way.
The Orion Corporation dedicates all available resources and training facilities in order to maintain the combat effectiveness of this unit. Equipment such as the Murdock Stealth Blaster and the Environmental Combat Stealth Armour, allow the force to operate as a stealth unit in combative environments. Both of these pieces of equipment are not publicly available and no logos or traceable materials are used in its construction, this makes it difficult for any equipment or team members lost on a mission to be traced back to The Orion Corporation. Along with this equipment, external companies are used to provided transport (e.g. drop-pods) that are not produced by The Orion Corporation. Equipment from rival companies is often used to shift any suspicions away from the host organisation and potentially cause investigations into competitions which could impede their business. Equipment, training, and transport make the Archangel a very expensive unit to maintain, and at times it has been questioned whether the unit should be terminated. Jaccer Ramirez has disagreed with these ideas and has opted to keep the unit functioning until he considers it unnecessary.
Edited by Jaccer Ramirez, 11 October 2018 - 05:11 PM.