OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create an elite clone regiment that answers to the Sith Emperor
- Image Credit: Click - TheIllustrativeMan@DeviantArt
- Role: Elite Soldiers
- Unit Name: The Iron Wolves
- Affiliation: The Sith Emperor's Powerbase
- Classification: Elite Commandos
- Melee Weapons:
- Ranged Weapons:
- Availability: Rare
- Deployment: Limited
- Strengths & Weaknesses:
- Polymorphism: Due to their Gurlanin template, each member of the Iron Wolves is capable of assuming almost any humanoid form; though as a byproduct of the original Ra Vizsla they prefer a Human form.
- Elite Trackers: The Gurlanin's ears are located in their snouts, allowing them to utilize echolocation to detect prey by snuffing loudly in the general direction of their quarry.
- Same-Species Telepathy: As a natural manifestation of the Force in their species, each member of the Iron Wolves is capable of communication via telepathy with one another. However, this ability does not extend to non-Gurlanin.
- Limited Number: There's only a handful of the Iron Wolves in existence, a couple dozen at most. They are by no means an army or even a large-scale military detachment, but rather an elite commando group designed for small-scale missions.
- Radio Silence: Because the Gurlanin can communicate via natural telepathy, the comm electronics in their helmets have been deemed non-essential and removed entirely. This means that they cannot communicate long-distance with non-Gurlanin individuals.
- Sonic Weaponry: The waves given off by sonic weaponry interferes with their ability to track via echolocation, and can even significantly disorient them if subjected to enough sonic vibrations.
When the Sith Emperor set out to retrieve Ra Vizsla's body from Castameer, he did so with two motives in mind. One was to bring Ra Vizsla back to life to influence the Mandalorian clans into forming an authoritative state to serve the Sith's interests in the region, and the second was to acquire viable Gurlanin genetics for his cloning laboratories.
The first project went off without a hitch, it was a simple task to implant commands into Vizsla's mind and engineer his perception to make it appear like they were his own desires. After setting him loose on the Mandalorian people, the Emperor turned back to his second project and oversaw the replication and experimentation of Vizsla's genetic material.
Gurlanin DNA proved to be significantly difficult to manipulate, primarily due to the species' polymorphic nature. But after cross-referencing the DNA with the DNA of other shapeshifters they had successfully cloned in the labs, the Emperor's genetic scientists managed to master it as well.
A total of twenty clones were commissioned initially, their growth accelerated while their brains were imprinted with a cursory knowledge of the galaxy and advanced skills with weapons, both ranged and melee, and various martial arts. After their gestation, they were placed in five groups of four and trained separately from each other before being pitted against one another in lethal fights. The four victors of these brawls were then further trained and instructed by Blackblade quartermasters before they too were made to fight and kill one another.
The last remaining Ra Vizsla clone's consciousness was then copied and imprinted onto dozens of new clones being bred in the Emperor's labs on Khar Delba. They collectively became known as the Iron Wolves, knowledge of their original template deliberately kept from them to retain the secret of their origin.
Edited by Darth Carnifex, 09 October 2018 - 01:22 PM.