OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Planetary Capital of Scarif
- Image Credit: https://www.internat...rio-de-janeiro/
- Canon: N/A
- Links: Scarif, Don Delfino
- City Name: Isle Hermoso
- Classification: Metropolis
- Location: Scarif
- Affiliation: CIS, Confederate Imperium and Don Delfino
- Demographics: As is probably the case with most former imperial worlds and cities, humans dominated for the most part when it came to population. However, over the decades a large minority of aliens races have immigrated from the fallen Galactic Empire and Confederacy of Independent Systems. Making up an alien population of about 40%. There's only a little racial tension in the city from the former imperials that live in the city.
- Wealth: The city tries to maintain a medium to upper medium cost of living and wealth to try and make the city accessible to just about anyone.
- Stability: Being around the edge of Hutt space certainly brings its problems, but overall the organized crime of the city is relatively out of the way. However, we'll get to that in greater detail. Overall the city is rather law abiding from a glance with institutional powers protecting its citizens and visitors to the best of their ability. Although they may seem a little overbearing with all there bureaus and agencies under the governments control they still make sure not to break or bend their own laws to achieve their goals. So overall ability in the city is rather upper middle to high in it's class.
- Description: The tropical city of Isle Hermoso is a rather smaller planetary capital compared to others. The city connects a series of smaller islands in a sizable archipelago, and doesn't even really have the massive skylines of other cities through out the galaxy.
POINTS OF INTEREST
Founder's Peak - This is supposedly where the founders and architects of the city started their project to bring the civil and economic worlds to Scarif. On the highest peak of the archipelago a large statue was erected in honor of the main mastermind behind the city. However, the pose the statue gives leads some to believe their asserting their dominance over the city.
Delfino Plaza - This is where the main markets of the city are located. Near the cost there's a wide variety of businesses. From the commercial buildings of corporations to simple tents and stands where small time entrepreneurs can sell their nuts from a Areca Nut Palm Tree
The Bureau Center - The administrative center of the city is where things like the town all and mayors offices are. With the cities security and other emergency headquarters are located, all in the center of the city.
The Stacks - Sadly it seems that every city has its class division, and no where is that more apparent then in The Stacks. As where most of the middle and upper class housing are spread over the city at large the lower classes have set up home on one of the various cliff sides making all the housing units look like they're stack on top of each other. However, the cities institutions have and do use their resources to help aid their fellow citizens in taking some of the stain of poverty off the backs of those less fortunate.
Low - N/A
Oddly enough Isle Hermoso doesn't have the most spotless history. Back in the decades leading to the modern Scarif, a hand full of imperial officers wanted to make something worth while on the lush, tropical planet. So since the smoke had cleared and the environment wasn't in ruin from the Death Star strike they figured there wasn't going to be a better time to start their urban project. Thus they became the founders of Scarif's capital, Isle Hermoso.
However, with the failing of the Galactic Empire the officers turned into warlords and had to look for some other form of backing. Since the Confederacy of Independent Systems could still be considered their enemy they turned to the next best thing to them, the Hutt Cartels. Reaching out and letting them know of their urban project the Hutts agreed to support them. But, they wanted what was essentially the equivalent of a military base in a another country, basically a Hutt Cartel colony within the city. The imperial warlords agreed to share the influence in the city, but they also asked that the Cartel helps them whenever needed in Isle Hermoso. Thus creating a lasting symbiotic relationship between the cities leadership, its citizens and the Hutts.
This relationship inadvertently caused a sort of criminal switch from street crime to organized crime. Something the cities leadership and a surprising amount of its citizens were okay with. Believing that if there was going to be crime it might as well be organized crime. Creating a rather corrupt but effective system in which the cities security agencies and the Hutts keep the steets clean. But all it really did was make it all seem safer.
With Local laws it's not illegal to be associated with or even a part of the Hutt Cartels. Meaning so long as you don't get caught committing crimes and get proven guilty you're gonna be okay. This sort of makes Isle Hermoso an odd mix of secure and safe, but criminal environment so long as your well off with both the law and the Hutts.
Edited by Don Delfino, 20 October 2018 - 01:44 AM.