OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a shield for Taramaz to use to compliment his fighting style with a lightsaber.
- Image Source: https://www.google.c...-z9nAFIU3c4S5M:Original search, I edited it.
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Originally Eternal Empire, for the design, which was used for the mould which was then filled with molten Cortosis, then cooled and given a gold touch to make it look nice. Done by Taramaz himself.
- Affiliation: Taramaz Laurs, Individual Character Name
- Model: Eternal Empire Shield made of Cortosis with a golden touch [See picture above]
- Modularity: None, it is one piece, every bit of it.
- Material: Pure Cortosis.
- Classification: Anti-Blaster, Anti-Melee.
- Weight: Heavy
- Resistances (For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Extreme Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.)
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High, it is still Cortosis, it might even be able to short out a vibro blade, making it a regular blade, but it's generally pretty indestructible, meaning it can survive blaster shots for extended periods of time.
- Kinetic: Average, it is a conductive metal, making it capable of giving an electric shock if the hand holding the shield is not in a non conductive glove of some sort, but it can repel lightning and electricity.
- Lightsabers: High, it is made of Cortosis, and is a shield, it can deactivate lightsabers.
Sonic: None, it's just a shield.
EMP/ION: Average, it isn't technology so the EMP doesn't directly affect it, so in theory, it could shield technology or a small electrical object behind it from an EMP, and it spreads the impact from an ION weapon across itself, but ION is a tad more effective than plasma.
Elemental: Low, it's just a shield, it might be able to shield a wound or your face or a certain part of your body from snow, rain or other such elements, and fire aswell, depending on the temperature. But it will not protect every part of you.
- It can retract into itself, and become a small sheet of Cortosis, from here, it can then be pulled out and turned into a shield again.
- It can be attached to the wrist gauntlet of the wearer with a Cortosis band that can be locked into it with a few small mechanisms, and become a hands free weapon, leaving the other hand open to be used.
- Strength 1: Plasma Resistance High, it's Cortosis, it'll spread the impact across it's surface, and can survive under a few minutes of straight blaster fire or onslaught from plasma.
- Strength 2: Lightsaber Resistance High, it's Cortosis, it'll short out Lightsabres, maybe even Vibro weapons of such nature if it hits or is it by them directly.
- Weakness 1: ION weapons deteriorate it slightly quicker than Plasma, simple. Maybe a few minutes less of sustained onslaught by ION than Plasma.
It was crafted at a forge by Taramaz Laurs from the mould of a Eternal Empire shield he had, he melted the Cortosis to a molten form, and poured it into the mould, then when it set, he took the mould out, hammered out imperfections, cooled it, and gave it a gold tint. He used it in many battles, earning it scars and marks, it's been used in many battles with lightsaber wielders. It's limited in where it can protect, as it is only a shield, though where it does protect, it protects well. It is typically never seen far from Taramaz, usually attached to his wrist, or held in his hand, when it is, it is usually secured in a way that nobody could get it without him knowing. In all the years of it's existence, it has never been used by any other than Taramaz. Though, if it were to get into the wrong hands, it could quite easily be a force to be reckoned with, or an easy battle, depending on the skill level of the wielder. It excels at surviving Lightsabers and Plasma, being made of Pure Cortosis. It's quite easily used in this task by Taramaz.
Edited by Taramaz Laurs, 11 October 2018 - 06:34 AM.