The Horde - Sraelvun Drones | Drone Units
[Source: Zbrushcentral - SiGe1111 ]
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To fill in the position of the cannon fodder within the Bryn'adûl.
- Image Credit: X | X
- Role: The backbone of the Bryn'adûl , Drone Units consist of six Sraelvun warriors each typically. Drone Units are a nightmare for the unprepared, vicious and cannibalistic.
- Unit Name: Bryn'adûl Drone Units
- Affiliation: The Bryn'adûl
- Classification: Infantry
- Assault Rifle | Primary Weapon [Wendigo 4D1]
- Personal Sidearm | Primary Weapon [Wendigo E81]
- Sniper Rifle | Support Weapon [Wendigo R12]
- LMG | Support Weapon [Wendigo 6D3]
- Durasteel/Armour-weave body harness
- Availability: Common
- Deployment: Mass
- Strengths & Weaknesses:
+ Formidable Form: The Draelvasier overall as a species can be considered tough. The Draelvasier like their host Tathra have a hefty constitution with strong bones and durable skin.
+ Stature: almost all members of the Draelvasier are tall beings. Their average height being much higher than that of humans, gaining them advantages of reach and gaining agility with greater ease.
+ Cunning: Due to the relationship of the Sraelvun with the Baedurin, they are scavengers. Capable of making something from nothing in many situations.
+ Rabid: The Sraelvun, like trandoshans are agile and have long claws for nails. This allows them to climb walls and ravage animals.
+/- Fearless: The Sraelvun are ultimately fearless creatures that will follow orders to the death. But, this also means they are reckless and ultimately will die before they retreat.
- Bigger Target: Stealth isn’t quite so easily achieved by the Draelvasier, their bodies are heavy and weighted, powerful. But this also means that they can be heard or seen coming from miles away.
- Temper: As with their predecessors, the Draelvasier feel their blood boil at the smallest slight. They are impulsive and quick to anger. Which can often cost them a fight, or make diplomacy difficult.
- Infrared Vision: Draelvasier have infrared vision, seeing through heat. This can be a problem with explosives in combat, as high exposures of heat will blind them temporarily.
- Born to die: The Sraelvun are born knowing they will die in combat. This places a certain level of flippancy on their actions. They are suicidal, and will often allow themselves to die if it serves a greater purpose. This is a double edged sword as sometimes they will simply just, allow themselves to die if they cannot perceive a victory.
- Drones: The Sraelvun are not capable of critical thinking, they are as close to being semi-sentient you can get while still being sentient. They can perform basic task, however nothing greater for the most part.
The Sraelvun, almost entirely a slave species have one purpose. That is to serve the interests of the Bryn'adûl and their Chieftain [Tathra Khaeus]. The Sraelvun exist within the bottom of the caste system of the Draelvasier almost entirely. They are a almost sub-sentient species with controlled functions, allowing them combat abilities and the access to use of utilities however not much beyond that. The Sraelvun, within the Horde are trained and directed by members of the Baedurin who exist with a subsidiary of the Bedla'korum, the training system for all members of the Draelvasier.
The Drones are cannon fodder, and while they know it. Their minds are so twisted that they live in a state of fatalism and flippancy that can on one hand cause a lack of care in failure, or complete and ravenous devotions to their objective. More often the latter. The Drones themselves aren't dangerous alone, but in greater numbers they can be quite ravenous.
The Sraelvun Drones use a variety of weaponry, but the majority of them only use the mass produced weapons in this submission. The minor productions weapons are used much more rarely, and by particular heavy or sniper style units.
Edited by Tathra Khaeus, 20 October 2018 - 09:30 AM.