OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: An advanced planetary assault dropship for Mandalorian forces
- Image Source: Link
- Canon Link: None
- Primary Source: None
- Manufacturer: MandalArms
- Affiliation: MandalArms, Clan Australis
- Model: MA-DDS1
- Production: Limited
- Material: Beskar, Agrinium, Circuitry
- Classification: Dropship
- Length: 40 meters
- Width: 22 meters
- Height: 16 meters
- Armament: Very Low
Three Quad-Laser Turrets
- Defenses: Moderate
- Squadron Count: Low: 8
- Maneuverability Rating: High
- Speed Rating: High
- Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2
- Inertial Dampeners
- Inertial Compensators
- Thermal Shielding
- Anti-Concussion field generators
- Able to penetrate even a planetary shield
- Fast and agile, even for such a heavily laden craft
- No shields or point defense countermeasures
- What minimal weapons it has can only target forward and below, giving the vessel blind spots to the rear and above
Designed and built to take advantage of new technologies produced by MandalArms R&D, the advanced dropship is sleek, solid, and very good at its job. Designed for speed and penetration rather than brute force, it is lightly armed and armoured, without shields, packed with power and engines.
All the remaining space is for troops and vehicles, and the dropship isn't encumbered by a full loadout, being designed for the task of transporting heavy items from point A to B as quickly as possible.
She isn't a fighter, and cannot turn as well as smaller craft, but she's maneuverable for her size, and has straight line speed capable of far outdistancing larger capital ships. Her defence is speed and agility, not firepower.
Edited by Kaine Australis, 16 October 2018 - 12:11 AM.