OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Update a super old sub made for me back in 2014
- Image Source: Click - WigglyPotatoChip
- Canon Link: Crushgaunt
- Primary Source:
- Manufacturer: Valicore Engineering
- Affiliation: Darth Carnifex
- Model: Jen'Shuk'Orok - Dark Crushgaunts
- Modularity: Repairs can be made
- Production: Unique
- Classification: Combat Gauntlets
- Size: Large
- Weight: Very Heavy
- The crushgaunt can augment the wearer's strength to superhuman levels, easily crushing bone, metal, and allowing the wearer to lift several times their body weight in mass.
- Involuntarily periodically drains Force energy from the environment within a radius of about five meters around the wearer over time, transferring a substantial portion of the energy absorbed into usable energy by the wearer.
- A Healing Amulet built into the forearm section of the gauntlet grants the ability to heal bodily damage during battle, increasing combat longevity and survivability.
- A Talisman of Concentration built into the palm of the crushgaunt allows the wearer to channel Dark Side energy, particularly Sith Magic, through the item to magnify its power at a singular point. This facilitates the power to fire concentrated dark side energy in the form of a solid beam towards wherever the gauntlet palm is facing.
- Conduit for Dark Side Energy: The Talisman of Concentration built into the gauntlet allows the channeling of destructive Dark Side energy through the item, manifesting as solid dark side energy fired in the form of a beam towards whatever the gauntlet is pointed at.
- Battle Healing: A Healing Amulet socketed into the forearm section of the gauntlet allows the wearer to heal themselves during battle.
- Strength Boost: The natural power of the crushgaunt is manifested in vastly increased strength, enabling the user to crush bones, metal, and lift far more than they could on their own.
- Aversion to Force Light: As with any item imbued with the Dark Side of the Force, the crushgaunts are vulnerable to highly concentrated attacks by individuals proficient with the Light Side ability, Force Light.
- Range: The destructive nature of the crushgaunts are limited by their range, as they require an enemy to be within arm's reach to be effective. While the gauntlets allow the use of ranged attacks via the amulets built into the device, those can be avoided, deflected, or nullified.
- Taxing: Heavy use of the gauntlet's dark side powers can prove particularly taxing on the individual wearing them, with prolonged and uninterrupted use extremely dangerous to their physical and force strength.
Before the fall of the Old Empire, the fiend known as Kaine Zambrano had utilized two distinct gauntlets during his tenure as Sith Emperor. One was crafted for him by the Sith Lord Valik as payment for certain personal requests fulfilled, and it was imbued with the ability to drain the Force energy from its wearer's surroundings over time. Some of that energy was then transferred back into the wearer, allowing them to passively recharge their strength in the Force.
The second was a personal gift from the former Sith Emperor, Darth Moridin. It was outfitted with several Sith amulets and talismans, and augmented by a sliver of the Dark Emperor's spirit. It boosted Zambrano's power in the Force and allowed him to wield Sith Magic to a greater extent than he was capable of beforehand.
While the first gauntlet survived into the era of the New Sith Empire, the latter was unfortunately destroyed during the Battle of Mon Cala towards the end of the Old Empire. After facing the entire Jedi Council in Coral City, the gauntlet was split asunder by Diana Moridena's blessed blade, Tyrfing.
The shards of that gauntlet remained submerged beneath the oceans of Mon Cala for over ten years before the Sith returned to reclaim the world under Zambrano's guiding hand. He personally dispatched teams to retrieve any fragments that they could unearth, and though the total number was sparingly scarce, it was enough to please the Sith Emperor.
In the depths of his lair on Khar Delba, the Sith Emperor reforged the shards of Moridin's gauntlet into the one crafted for him by Lord Valik. He fashioned new Sith amulets and wove them into the gauntlet's design, partially recreating the awe-inspiring power of the lost gift of the deceased Emperor Moridin.
Edited by Darth Carnifex, 18 October 2018 - 11:58 PM.