Intent: To create a Thyrsian Frigate-Carrier for the Golden Company, and later Thyrsian Hierarchy.
Image Source: Eve Online Amarr Empire - Sigil - EvE Wiki. [x]
Canon Link: Not Applicable.
Primary Source: Repurposed Canon Articles, Hyperion Solar Lances [x,] Barca Pressor Beams [x.]
Manufacturer: Republic Engineering Corporation, The Thyrsian Hierarchy, The Golden Company. (Select, and Contracted Foundries.)
Model: TTH/CCF-001 "Spyridon" - Class Catamaran
Affiliation: The Thyrsian Hierarchy, The Golden Company, Closed-Market.
Material: Durasteel, Flexisteel, Armourplast, Reinforced Duraplast, Manganese Brass, Glasteel, Turadium, Dallorian Alloy, Haysian Smelt, Kiirium, Agrinium, Various Starship Components (Internal and External.)
Role: Sector Patrol Vessel, Pocket Carrier, Mobile Shadowport, Planetary Assault, Troop Transport.
Length: 320 Metres.
Width: 210 Metres.
Height: 95 Metres.
Armament: Very Low Rating.
-  Hyperion Solar Lance Batteries [Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked. Ignores Conventional Shielding.]
-  Dual Mass-Driver Turrets [Railgun Variant, Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked.]
-  Dual Ion Cannon Turrets [Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked.]
-  Automated Quad-Laser Cannon Turrets [Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked.]
-  Automated Rotary Point Defence Cannons [Fast-Track Mountings, Fire-Linked.]
-  Automated Antimissile Octets [Fast-Track mountings, Fire-Linked.]
Defences: Average Rating.
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Hull and Armour Plating.
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Deflector Shield (Ray and Particle; Overlaid.)
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Ionic Shielding.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Reactionary Pressor Beam Emitters.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Internal Anticoncussion Field Generators.
- Overhauled [Frigate-Class, Military Grade] Kiirium Mirror Shields (Automated, and Slide-able Girder Mounts.)
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] ECM, and Countermeasures (Including Chaff and Flare Launchers.)
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Internal Defenses (Blast Doors, Concealed Autoblasters, Etc.)
Hangar: Four Squadron of Starfighters - Extreme Rating. [May be Substituted for Gunships or Dropships.]
Support Hangar: Zero Squadrons of Support or Auxiliary Craft (Shuttles, Transports, Etc.)
Maneuverability Rating: 35 DPF - Low Rating.
Speed Rating: Low Rating.
MGLT: 50 MGLT
Maximum Atmospheric Speed: 650 Km/H
Primary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1.0
Secondary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 8.0
Engine Unit(s): Frigate - Class Ion Engines - Six Drive Units.
Secondary Propulsion: Retractable Solar Soils.
Primary Power Plant: Frigate - Class Hypermatter Annihilation Reactor.
Secondary Power Plant: Solar Ionization Conversion Module(s) with Retractable Agrinium Collection Arrays.
Passengers: 300 Soldiers - Planetary Assault Battalion, 50 Soldiers - Shipboard Security Complement.
Crew Complement (Optimal): Sixty-Two Officers, Enlisted Personnel, and Chattel Ratings (Slaves.)
Crew Complement (Skeletal): Twenty-One Officers, Enlisted Personnel, and Chattel Ratings (Slaves.)
Escape Craft: Twelve Saviour Pods and Three Ejectable Lifeboats.
Cargo Capacity: 100,000 Metric Tonnes (Vehicles and Cargo.)
Consumables: One Year - Galactic Standard.
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Damage Control and Hazard Systems.
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Life Support Systems.
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Navigational and Avionics Systems.
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Sensors and Targeting Systems.
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Communications Systems, Holonet Transceiver and Encryption/Decryption Networks with Thyrsian Military Keys.
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Environmental Control Systems.
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Tractor Beam Emitters.
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Emergency Maneuvering Thrusters.
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Anti-Ion Emission Tracer (Anti-Hyperspace Tracking.)
- Standard [Frigate-Class, Military-Grade] Relativistic and Shift Shielding.
- HIMS - Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainer.
- Central Computer Core (Integrated Droid Brains.)
- Internal Shield Generators.
- Internal Reactor Bulb(s).
- Internal Command Bridge.
- Anti-Ordnance EM Probes (Long-Range.)
- Aural-Biological-Chemical Scrambler Probes (Long-Range.)
- Missile Deactivation Transmitter (Short Range.)
- Haysian Smelt Infused Kiirium Mirror Plating, with Slide-able Girders.
- Barca Pattern Pressor Beam Emitters.
- Thyrsian Mirror Shields: Styled after the technology that preceded the modern energy shield, Thyrsian mirror shields were a secondary measure of protection. A redundant failsafe; should the primary barriers collapse. They were polished and infused plates that were mounted atop automated and sliding girders, that were capable of “deflecting” the lethality of capital-grade energy weapons away from the warship’s surface - before melting sometime thereafter.
- Countermeasure Suite: Fashioned with a state of the art countermeasure suite, the 'Spyridon' is capable of thwarting the myriad methods in which control of the warship could be taken away from the command crew. In addition to these various systems, the Catamaran was outfitted with a hyperwave sustainer - an item that allowed the vessel to retain its momentum at lightspeed and punch deep into enemy-held territory.
- Frigate-Carrier: In a drastic departure from more purpose-built warships, the Spyridon was designed to act as a planetary assault craft that would ferry the Sun Guard, and their subordinate forces from one battlefront to another. To this end, the Catamaran was built with a swathe of automated hangar and cargo bays, that would allow the voidcraft to optimize its internal compartments to better store their passengers, and their gilded steeds. As well, the starship was capable of defending itself if it was caught away from its escorts, and relying on its internal defences if boarded by hostile parties.
- Hyperspace-Capable Cargo Pods: While the Cargo Pods were capable of being launched into the depths of hyperspace, they were incapable of punching through an interdiction field - meaning that they were best deployed in a system without the hyperdrive having it’s safety measures tripped. These pods would essentially alloy the Catamaran to deploy its troops from nearby systems, whilst the ship itself sat in relative safety - far away from the battle. Naturally, these pods were unarmed and unassuming to the sensorial eye - meaning they could be mistaken as nothing more than spatial debris - something that could prove to be a mistake when their cargo disembarks.
- Low Armament and Agility: With much of its internal systems dedicated to the automated chambers, housing hundreds, if not thousands of Thyrsian warriors and their gilded steeds, the Spyridon found itself lacking in almost every department - such as it’s armament and spatial maneuverability. Due to its overtly bulbous design, the Catamaran was slow and ponderous - both in the vacuum of space and when encapsulated in a planet’s atmosphere. While the trade-off was concerning to several members of Thyrsian High Command - the ability to ferry vast swathes of war materiel from one battlefield to another was admittedly better in the grander scheme.
- Central Computer Core / Automated Systems: Outfitted with a Central Computer core, and the myriad of droid brains that were required to keep the ship operational - the 'Spyridon' was highly vulnerable to close-proximity EMP detonations - that would cripple the vessel; until the excess of ionic energy was purged. This also made a prime target for enemy boarding parties as they could effectively control the entire starship from a single chamber - only if they previously knew about its location and purpose that is.
- Solarized Weapons: Despite the power afforded to the Catamaran through its use of solarized weaponry, the primary weapon suite suffers from an inability to commit themselves to endurance warfare - when not enshrouded within a system rife with solar radiation. When the capacitors run dry, the solarized weapons were unable to produce their lethal beams - rendering a portion of the starship’s combat prowess inert - until they were recharged.
Description: In a unique and a drastic departure from the conventional warships that found themselves in service to the Golden Company, the “Spyridon” was the first that was specifically designed to operate as a planetary assault ship - rather than being a jack of all trades. The conceptual design behind the hybrid vessel was to create a smaller variant of the ancient Acclamator warship that was in service to the Galactic Republic and subsequently match the carrying capacity of the Star Galleon - which was also another inspiration for the Catamaran. Thus, when the two ideas were blended together and enhanced further by the ingenuity of the Thyrsian people, their union created a beast that was unlike anything seen on such a miniature scale.
Most planetary assault ships were larger, and far more robust, but the “Spyridon”? It was considerably smaller, and would be capable of landing in places where it’s larger kindred would find themselves endangered by their surroundings.
The oversized transport’s aesthetics would make the Catamaran stand out amongst an orderly formation of warships, due to its almost insectoid-like appearance and overtly bulbous cargo compartments. Having followed through with such a seemingly technical blunder allowed for the warship to house a vast swathe of war materiel within its gilded husk, and was further optimized by the vast amount of automation that went into its various subsystems. It was everything that the Golden Company could ever ask for, as they’d be able to rapidly deploy their forces onto a planet’s surface - and swiftly establish a beachhead far behind enemy lines without worrying about their lines of resupply.
While its weapons were pitiful in comparison to the more purpose-built warships in under the Thyrsian’s command, they were enough to dissuade enemy fighters or even pirates from strafing the starship’s defences. They could even be utilized by the Auxilia once the vessel made planetfall, as the bulbous plating allowed for the “Spyridon” to utilize its capital-grade weaponry against enemy fortifications, or fortified positions. What better way to establish one’s dominance of their surroundings than levelling everything in sight, and establishing your position in the settling ashes?
With the addition of the Catamaran to the Golden Armada - the Thyrsian war effort takes one step closer towards achieving their goal of taking an eye, for the eye that was lost so long ago.
- Replaced Header Artwork.
- Replaced Primary Source Links.
- Reduced Production Level and Lowered Armament Rating to maintain balance.
- Added Material Links.
- Added Descriptor to Solarized Weapons and PDC Network.
- Added Ionic, Anticoncussion Field, Internal Defenses, and Repulsorfield Shell to Defenses.
- Added Support Hangar Rating to bring Submission into Compliance with New Factory Standards.
- Replaced Incorrect Wording in Strengths and Weaknesses.
- Removed Astral from the Submission. [New.]
- Replaced Repulsorfield Shell with Barca Pressor Beam Emitters. [New.]
Edited by Khonsu Amon, 12 September 2019 - 08:23 PM.