OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Update Carnifex's lightsabers
- Image Source: Click - Wookieepedia
- Canon Link:
- Primary Source:
- Manufacturer: Darth Carnifex
- Affiliation: Darth Carnifex
- Model: Shâsot & Tyûk - Struggle & Strength
- Modularity: Yes
- Production: Semi-Unique (Two Lightsabers)
- Classification: Curved-hilt Lightsaber
- Size: Very Large
- Weight: Very Heavy
- Curved-hilt Design: Continuing the design of his previous lightsaber Darth Carnifex modeled his new lightsabers after the curved-handle design incorporated by famous Sith Lords such as Darth Bane and Darth Tyrannus. This design allows Carnifex to fully utilize the dueling capabilities of Form V by capitalizing on the greater power he could achieve when delivering overhanded strikes, as well as the slight shift in the angle of his attacks that could potentially unbalance an opponent.
- Dual-phase Setting: Something that was included in his previous lightsabers, this new curved-hilt design also features a dual-phase setting that allows Darth Carnifex to increase or decrease the length of his blade from the standard one hundred and forty-five centimeters to the vastly elongated three hundred centimeters and vice versa.
- VT-Disruptor Lens: An addition only added to his last lightsaber, Carnifex has reintroduced the VT-Disruptor Lens to his new pair as well. This allows his blade to cut through any organic matter with a power gland, which is an organ exclusively used by Yuuzhan Vong organics.
- Bifurcating Cyclical-ignition Pulse: The bifurcating cyclical-ignition pulse utilized a dual-crystal process within the hilt that allowed his blade to continuously work while submerged.
- Interlocking Mechanism: Both of Carnifex's lightsabers possessing locking mechanisms at the base of their hilts, allowing the two weapons to be conjoined into one. This allows the Dark Lord greater options in a battle where he can either combine his sabers into a staff to fight multiple enemies or surprise a foe by disconnecting his staff into two blades when the time is right.
- Lignan Crystal: Both lightsabers possess a Lignan Crystal in lieu of a traditional Sith synthetic crystal, affording the weapons greater longevity and to burn at a higher temperature than was normal. This allowed the weapons to cut through solid matter more easily than normal, such as blast doors and other obstacles.
- Versatility: The Emperor's lightsabers are incredibly versatile, able to work underwater, join together into a saberstaff, and cut through solid objects with greater speed and efficiency. This advantageous design ensures that the Sith Emperor is always prepared for whatever situation arises.
- Vong Beware: Due to the VT-Disruptor lens built into the lightsabers, they possess the ability to cut through typical Yuuzhan Vong material such as Amphistaffs and their Vonduun Skerr Kyrric.
- Greater Burn, Greater Cut: The Lignan Crystal makes the lightsabers blades burn hotter than typical lightsaber blades, allowing them to cut through most solid material easier and quicker than normal.
- Heavy: The hilt of these lightsabers is made out of refined Mandalorian Iron, also known as Beskar, which made them exceptionally more heavy than the average lightsaber. Like a greatsword, these sabers required great strength to wield expertly without tiring yourself out quickly.
- Larger than the Average Lightsaber: Designed to fit perfectly in the Sith Emperor's gargantuan hands, these lightsabers are practically worthless in anyone else of smaller stature than the two-point-five meter tall Epicanthix.
- Cortosis: The lightsabers have zero countermeasures to prevent being deactivated when coming into contact by cortosis, and thus are still vulnerable to enemies armed with such material.
A Sith Warrior through and through, the Sith Emperor was enamored with physical prowess and intimate combat. This mixed well with his Epicanthix heritage, a culture which prized combat readiness and personal strength, and led to the creation of a fighter who epitomized predatory grace and vicious brutality.
Likewise, the weapons he used to wage battle were of a similar aesthetic.
His primary weapons were two curved lightsabers, named Shâsot & Tyûk respectively; the Sith words for Struggle and Strength, made out of Mandalorian Iron and blessed with several advanced technologies that gave the Sith Emperor an edge over most opponents. The Lingan crystal at the heart of the sabers made their blades burn longer and hotter while a special lens augmented the blade to cut through Yuuzhan Vong biotechnology.
But beyond the special technology built into the weapons, the Emperor prized them for the special properties of their design. The curved grip fit perfectly into his hand and empowered his downward swings with greater momentum and power, and the blade's altered position shifted its trajectory by several fractions.
In the hands of an experienced warrior, like the Emperor himself, this afforded him quite the advantageous edge.
Edited by Darth Carnifex, 30 October 2018 - 09:55 AM.