• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Kassandra Llewelyn

Kassandra Llewelyn

Apprentice

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 7 posts

Kassandra had been mid-workout routine when the subtle chirp at the door indicated someone standing outside. Quickly picking herself up off the floor and reaching for the towel draped over the back of a chair she spoke. "Come on in!" A quick brush of the towel across her forehead saw the perspiration removed as she fought to slow her rapidly beating heart. Never one to rest on her laurels there was always another mountain to climb, another personal record to best. Looking towards the door as it opened with a gentle hiss, a smile of recognition formed across her lips. "Oh, hey Chaz." she said, resting a hand on her hip. "What's up?"

The concerned look on his face had prompted Kassandra's question, his words didn't do much to ease her nerves. "They wouldn't tell me, except but to summon you to the great hall - said it was urgent." A frown creased her features as she wondered at the meaning of it. Was it something regarding her training? Was she finally going to get a shot at going off world? Group learning and the small academy setting was fun but she yearned for something more dangerous. Something more thrilling. As her thoughts ran away from her the young initiate took a deep breath, forcing herself towards calm. "Alright. Well, I guess I'll have to get ready quick." A silent pause. "Which means you need to leave?" Kassandra tapped her foot and glanced towards the corridor behind. A flustered Chaz seemed to come out of whatever stupor he'd been in - perhaps wondering why he too had been summoned. A fact he'd forgotten to state initially. "Oh - right, of course. They wanted me to show up too. I'll uh, meet you there!" Awkwardly he stood in the door for a second longer before darting off down the corridor.

*What a weirdo.*, Kassandra thought to herself. As the doors closed she quickly readied herself. Settled into a pair of dark brown trousers, a lighter tunic, and a wide leather belt around her waist she exited her quarters en route to the Great Hall. How many others had been summoned? Was this a good thing, or some belayed punishment for a transgression unknown? Thoughts wandered through her mind as she passed through the vaulted corridors of the small enclave, oblivious to the paintings and depictions along its aged walls. There was history here - largely unknown or undiscovered but history nonetheless. Perhaps more importantly, the Force seemed to manifest itself here. Like a warm blanket she could feel it nestled up against the outer edges of her conscious mind. She could almost hear it sometimes, or at least that's what she told herself.

Emerging into an even higher vaulted corridor her feet fell softly against the marble floors, each step bringing her closer towards her destination. Every few steps she glanced about, trying to see if anyone else seemed headed in the same direction. If she didn't see anyone it was a reasonable bet that she and Chaz alone had been called upon, if not - perhaps there was something larger at play.

OOC Note:

Hi! This is an open thread, set in a small Jedi enclave on the planet of Chandrila. Consisting of a dozen or two "Padawans/Younglings" and about a dozen Knights, the small academy adheres to a variation of the Jedi Code focused on the assisting of others and generally being protectors rather than actively seeking out conflict. This is largely an entry thread for myself and anyone else to start what I hope to become "Padawan Adventures" and provide a fun and enjoyable story about our characters individually and in group settings which allow us to explore the adventures often depicted in Star Wars books between Padawans in groups as well as Knights and Padawans.

TLDR, I've read a few Star Wars books that tell the stories of Padawans and their adventures both with their assigned Knights as well as other Padawans as part of their training. I thought it would be fun to play out these adventures/ self create them! Feel free to join in! Even though I have ideas about what I'm writing, I'm open to adjustments! Thanks!

8MH3Opc.png

Tik and Tok

Tik and Tok

Twins

• Character
  • 16 posts
There was only one thing Tik could think of as he followed Tok - there is simply no way this could possibly work. Stealing from Jedi? Tik was certain that the Jedi would immediately see right through the twins' little charade, but Tok seemed much more confident. It seemed so easy to Tok - they had the padawan outfits; all they had to do now was act casual, walk around this place a little, and see what kinds of valuables they may be able to run off with. Tok secretly hoped to get his hands on a lightsaber, but that was highly unlikely

The two twins were both dressed like Padawans, clean new robes adorning them both. Very close inspection would actually reveal that these padawan outfits were fake, but to the undescerning eye they were certainly convincing enough.

Tik swallowed hard, following Tok who seemed to be leading the way. This place was rather large and confusing, but Tok figured that if they kept a fairly low profile, others would assume these two younglings actually belong here. Because of their species though, the two couldn't help but stand out.

As Tok would step out into a corridor, his sapphire eyes would scan the area until they finally stopped upon Kassandra. She seemed almost confused to him, taking a step or two and looking about, only to do so again. Tok silently wondered, and hoped, that she may be new here. If she was, might she be tricked into helping them?

Tik didn't have a chance to stop his brother, barely managing two words as Tok walked off toward Kassandra. Tik didn't think that direct interaction was a good idea at all. It would draw too much attention to the twins, and raise too many questions. Despite his best effort, it seemed Tok had other plans. If Kassandra was new here, she may be far less likely to see through their subterfuge

"Tok wait"

Tok stopped a few meters from Kassandra and spoke, the boy offering his most sincere tone as he lied, hoping she would believe him. Tik stopped behind Tok, offering a timid little smile and looking around

"Hi, are you new here too? Me and my brother just started training here"

OOC: Hope its okay I join in. If not just let me know and I will delete this post :)

Kassandra Llewelyn

Edited by Tik and Tok, 08 November 2018 - 07:00 AM.

Kassandra Llewelyn

Kassandra Llewelyn

Apprentice

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 7 posts

Kassandra had been mid-step when a voice from behind startled her. Stopping in her tracks she turned, the curious sight of two.. well, what were they? Cathar? Togorian? Something else? Feline most definitely but upright and talking. *How strange.* A quizzical look greeted the two identical beings before her, eyebrows raised in curiosity. It wasn't the first time she'd have not recognized a new face - in this case, faces. The small enclave often took in visitors as they traveled from one side of the galaxy to the next, a safe haven for the Jedi of the galaxy. "Hey there!" said Kassandra.

The two certainly looked the part but she hadn't seen them before. She would have remembered. Even so she couldn't be hindered overlong. "No, I'm not particularly new - are you looking for someone or something in particular?" If it was merely directions they were looking for, odds were she knew how to get there. If it was one of the Knights of Masters, who knew where they would be. It was likely there was one, maybe a few in the Great Hall - otherwise she could certainly page one of the several droids whose express purpose was to direct the learners where to go. Kassandra fought the urge to tap her foot - she had places to be and assisting newbies wasn't it.

"I've got a prior engagement but I'm sure if you can find one of the Knights they could point you where you're going?" She moved her foot as if to continue towards her destination. While the two might be content to roam the halls she was sure someone would be looking for them. Newbies weren't often left unsupervised - at least not for long periods of time. She glanced about, hoping she'd hear or spot one of the roving information droids but to no avail. "You can follow me if you'd like but you might have to wait outside - I've got a meeting."

Tik and Tok

8MH3Opc.png

Tik and Tok

Tik and Tok

Twins

• Character
  • 16 posts
Tik froze as she gave the two boys a curious look, and for a moment Tik was certain that she was about to question their presence. He simply didn't realize that she was unfamiliar with Trianii and was taken aback by encountering a new species. He felt a wave of relief as she seemed to accept Tok's story at face value.

Tok on the other hand saw nothing but pure opportunity in the situation. If they could tag along with her, she would unknowingly add credibility to their presence here. Also, she knew where things were, and might lead them to what they wanted... Much more efficient than suspicious random searching

"We are supposed to view some of the old artifacts and writings...to learn of the Jedi order's history. There was also talk of us learning the basics with a lightsaber soon"

Tok knew it was a slim chance that they might end up with a lightsaber in their possession before deciding it was time to escape/disappear. But...it was a slim chance that excited him nonetheless

"Sorry, we don't mean to be a bother"

Tik offered gently in apology, something Tok wouldn't likely think of. After all, it seems like they interrupted her, on her way to somewhere important.

As she started making her way off toward her meeting place, Tok immediately caught up to her, the very moment she gave the okay for them to follow her. Tik, still doubtful, hesitated but ultimately followed too. He wasn't going to be getting left behind, so he had little choice

"How long you been training here?"

Tok asked - smalltalk mostly... But also gathering information. He quickly calculated that the best possibility of not bumbling up their story was to get her to talk about herself, rather than the two trianii twins

Kassandra Llewelyn

Kassandra Llewelyn

Kassandra Llewelyn

Apprentice

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 7 posts

*Artifacts, writings?* Kassandra had been in attendance long enough to know it was unusual for new joins to study artifacts or the scrawlings of their ancestors - more often than not they were taught fundamentals. Even she hadn't yet been elevated in standing enough yet to view the Jedi's most precious relics. Just as quick, she noted that she too had been an initiate at one point and in many ways still felt like one. As the feline's words turned to lightsaber training Kassandra was reminded of the subtle weight of her own training saber against her hip. Another symbol of her training status. She had yet to embark upon the journey that would see a saber of her own design - it was close though, she could feel it. Almost lost in her thoughts, she was brought back to reality when the initiate apologized.

"Oh, it's not a bother - really. I've got to be going now." How much she actually meant that she wasn't sure. She had to get going, and without a droid in sight she forced a smile and turned heel. Before she'd gone ten steps she could already hear the gentle patter of footsteps as they followed close behind. It wasn't so much a bother but Kassandra certainly wasn't assigned to the welcoming party. "I've been here a while now I suppose, a few years. It all goes by so quickly."

For another few moments they passed through an ornate corridor, several busts of important Jedi passed rest in small alcoves - ahead the looming doors of the Great Hall stood. Just beyond she could already feel the presence of the Knights. Whatever she was about to walk into was something that had necessitated their presence. It send a chill down her spine, a queasy shiver through her stomach. *Where's Chaz? He should have beat me here.* thought Kassandra. As if to answer her unspoken query an echo of boots across the stone floor met her ears, a moment later Chaz's reddened face appearing from around a corner farther down the corridor. "Looks like you've made some new friends, eh Kass?" he teased. Stepping up to joint the small group he nodded towards the doors. "We've got a meeting fella's, but we should be out in short order if you want to stick around?"

With a nervous frown Chaz looked towards Kassandra, wide eyes meeting hers. "You ready?" With a grin, she pressed her hand upon the doors as the pair made to enter the Great Hall. Soon enough they'd find out what the purpose of their summoning was.

Tik and Tok

8MH3Opc.png

Tik and Tok

Tik and Tok

Twins

• Character
  • 16 posts
Tik bit his lip as Kassandra began to question what she was being told about them. Tik knew this was going to happen... They didnt know enough to pass a believable lie as to why they were actually here, and now she was starting to see through their ruse

It seemed logical enough to Tok though - new recruits would start with history and the basics, right? Apparently that was not right, but Tok was nonethewiser and happily nodded as Kassandra spoke to confirm what he had said

"I guess they think its best we learn some history first"

As if invited by the simple comment of them 'not being a bother' both twins followed her along as she said she needed to be going to her meeting. Her next words actually sparked Tik's genuine interest, and despite his initial desire to converse as little as possible, curiosity got the best of him.

"You've been training for years? What kinda stuff have you learned so far?"

To train like she had, secretly it was something Tik had longed for. The twins were fairly adept in summoning the force in a few specific ways, but when it came to control and discipline, both boys were beginners

As they approach the great hall, Tik was fairly distracted by the artistic busts of past Jedi heroes, along with the other things-to-see. But Tok's eyes were locked forward as a sensation began to come to him. He swallowed hard as he began to realize what it was, glancing at Tik for an instant. It was a similar sensation to what he could feel from his own brother - and now he was just starting to realize what it was... Here and now. It was the light side of the force, and though Tok had always known his brother was stronger with the light side, it never occurred to him that the sensation he felt was tied to just that. But now Tok knew, because he could feel it... A whole lot of it. It was lightside energy, all focussed in one area. Tok too was sensing the Jedi knights down the way, and now that he knew what it was, it worried him.

Padawans and trainees wouldn't be likely to pick up on it, but Tok realized that fairly powerful force users could likely feel the dark side running through his veins. It had caused them conflict in the past, and now Tok felt the first hints of uncertainty in this plan. Would they realize that a dark sider walked among them?

They couldn't break away from Kassandra now, it would look too suspicious. But Tok feared getting too close to the great hall. Would the Jedi knights feel his presence? If there was a Jedi master in the great hall, it could almost be promised that they would

Tok stepped closer to Tik, walking right beside his brother. Tik naturally radiated light side energy, and it seemed Tok hoped to hide in it, a plan that may not prove to be overly successful.

Both twins turned to look as Chaz turned a corner and approached them. Tok was grateful to see that it was simply another padawan... No master or knight to contend with yet.

This time Tik seemed to be the more outgoing boy, speaking happily to Chaz and Kassandra

"We understand. Thank you for helping us, we will probably wait for you if that's okay"

Tik said, glancing at Tok who gave a small half-nod, more distracted by the presence he felt in the great hall more than anything else

"Good luck..."

Tok said shortly as it seemed it was time for Kassandra and Chaz to enter the hall.

Kassandra Llewelyn

Edited by Tik and Tok, 21 November 2018 - 01:56 PM.