OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create an elite starfighter for NFU pilot aces
- Image Source: Click - Myriagonic@DeviantArt
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Sith-Imperial Corps of Engineers
- Affiliation: The Sith Empire - NFU Imperial Fighter Aces
- Model: Sith-Imperial TIE/SF Starfighter
- Production: Limited
- Classification: Superiority Fighter
- Length: 6.5m
- Width: 9m
- Height: 3.2m
- Armament: High
-  Fire-Linked Twin Laser Cannons
-  Concussion Missile Launchers
-  Aft Dual Heavy Laser Turret
- Defenses: Moderate
- Deflector Shields
- Reinforced Hull
- Squadron Count: Very Low
- 4 Per Squadron
- Maneuverability Rating: Average
- Speed Rating: Moderate
- Hyperdrive Class: Average | 2.0 Class FTL
- Advanced Sensor and Targeting Systems
- Advanced Navigation and Avionics Systems
- Advanced Communications Suite (Encrypted with Planetary Military Keys)
- Standard Atmospheric Seals and Perfunctory Oxygen Scrubbers (Life Support Capable Flight Suit Required)
- Standard Subspace and HoloNet Transceiver(s)
- Standard Inertial Compensators
- Standard VTOL Repulsorlift Antigravity System
- Standard Homing Beacon (Encrypted with Planetary Military Keys)
- Elite Fighter: The Sith Empire's special forces TIE fighter was designed to be piloted by its most elite fighter pilots and special forces soldiers. Outfitted with state-of-the-art weapon systems and avionics, the fighter could operate perfectly in both space and atmospheric environments.
- Low Squadron Size: Lending to its elite nature, the TIE/SF was manufactured in lower quantities than its most numerous standard issue brethren. Thus, squadrons of the SF only fly in low numbers during combat engagements but are typically supplemented by other squadrons.
Designed shortly after the introduction of the TIE/K Sith Superiority Fighter, the Special Forces TIE Fighter was meant to serve as its equivalent in the hands of non-Force sensitive pilots. Production was setback due to more pressing external affairs and an uptick on the production of other technologies, but shortly after the Siege of Commenor, the new SF fighter was put into action.
Outfitted with its own internal hyperdrive, the TIE/SF didn't rely on carrier ships to move around the galaxy and could operate independently or in small groups. Powerful forward laser cannons could shred most craft on direct hits, and homing missile launchers could chase down more agile fighters.
An aft facing dual laser turret manned by droid brain allowed the fighter to deal with enemies training in on its rear. The advanced software integrated into this automated co-pilot allowed the rear cannon to track enemy signatures faster than a human brain ever could, and react to sudden changes more easily.
Edited by Darth Carnifex, 14 April 2019 - 11:22 PM.