Out Of Character Information
- Intent: To create another regiment of the Tythish Imperial Guard focused on desert gorilla warfare
- Image Credit:
- Role: Basic light infantry for desert combat
- Links: http://warhammer40k...._Desert_Raiders
- Unit Name: 1st Kallarn Guard Regiment / First Kallarn Ranger Regiment
- Affiliation: Imperium Of Tythe
- Classification: Infantry-Desert Combat
- Vehicle Additions
Availability: Uncommon 400 members
Strengths & Weaknesses:
- Desert Fighters: The Kallarn Rangers train extensively in their home region making them some of the best soldiers for desert combat. This ranges from being accustomed to the heat, harsh sun and cold nights along with combat tactics and how to use the lay of the land. If it's desert related a Kallarn Ranger will know it.
- Melee Attack: With the dangers of wild animals, the standard issue weapon and wild enemies that will often come in for melee combat all rangers undergo tough CQC training regimes. Though not some legendary marital artists most are proficient spear and sword fighters.
- Cammo Experts: One would expect a flat single colour landscape to be hard to hide in, but the Kallarn Rangers have mastered this art too. Using burrowing tactics, other traditional/modern skills and technology a commander can have and entire platoon hide on one sand dune, an impressive but scary concept.
- Light Infantry: The main foe of such a regiment was mainly to be bandits raiders and other lawless individuals that one may find on a planet like Tatooine. I'll disciplined and wild enemies that can be picked off with ease, not so much fully trained and supplied imperial troops. Though useful skirmishers and able to hold their own a commander shouldn't commit them to a major conflict unless needed.
- Limited Numbers: As per the new regimental system of the Tythish Imperial Guard most regiments are numbered between 350 to 450. This means by themselves they do not pose a massive threat, having to rely on other regiments for more support and to produce a formidable fighting force when against larger enemy groups.
The Kallarn Rangers (as they prefer to be called) hail from the land just east of The Great Peaking range geographical named the Kallarn Flats. Such an area due to the rain shadow effects of the mountain range prevents any substantial life from growing for kilometers around, leaving a large a sandy and arid desert. Due to no plans for any major civilian centers, farms or factories to be built on the large flats the Tythish crown designated the area for military exercise, ordering the construction of a massive Imperial Guard initiation to be made.
Though many regiments from other sides of the planet were to be trained and tested on the large desert expanse the area and it's always on staff personal and small civil population gave rise to their own regiments and military units. These units took the name of their home and within a few month had more then enough platoons and competent commanders to be organized into the new regimental system employed by the military command.
Many of those in the Kallarn regiments hail from desert planets within and outside the CIS domain, that being Tatooine, Geionosis and Ryoth, along with refugees from Jakku and so forth.
The Kallarn Desert Rangers as one would expect excel in desert warfare, being experts at camouflaging into the sandy dunes, crack shots and marksmen (even giving the Royal Fusiliers a run for their money), great survivalist and trackers. A commander could very easily insert these troops onto a arid desert world without much worry about their survival or skill in such an enviroment.
Over all the 1st regiment works as your usual infantry regiment, shear man power on foot, great for garrison duties or moving undetected on foot into the vast wastelands of some foreign world. They are able to go toe to toe with most standard troopers from other nations and would probably have the upper hand in long range combat along with better know how about the workings of deserts and wastelands.
Even so such a unit will do poorly against heavily armored forces and can't be relied upon in full scale invasions, such a regiment being more suited to fighting bandits and raiders from the lawless worlds they may be deployed upon.
Edited by Chikako Liona, 04 December 2018 - 09:01 PM.