Intent: To create a specialized core for the Escalation - Pattern Wrist Rocket.
Image Source: Not Applicable.
Canon Link: Not Applicable.
Affiliation: The Golden Company, The Thyrsian Hierarchy, Closed-Market.
Model: GC/T-33wr “Shieldbreaker” Core.
Modularity: No; this is a Component Piece.
Production: Limited-Series Production.
Material: Durasteel, Highly Ionized and Irradiated Materials, Chemical Propellant, Various Wrist Rocket Components.
- Cluster Rocket Capable - Radioactive Spread.
- Magnetic Radioactive Isotope.
- Internal Secondary Chemical Propellant - Twin Stage System.
- Plasmatic Shield Destabilizer: Much like it’s larger, starfighter-grade cousin, the T-33wr is capable of either busting open a projected deflector shield, or weakening it’s compartmentalized strength. While the results of the radioactive impact varied, depending on whatever was struck - be it a personal deflector shield, or a plasmatic barrier encapsulating a vehicle - as any plasmatic-based projection would experience a varied reaction.
- Cluster Component(s): While the Escalation-Pattern Rocket was incapable of acting as a truly dedicated cluster weapon, it was through the ingenuity of the Thyrsian Enclave that the Shieldbreaker warhead core offered a “brute-force” shortcut. Through the introduction of a second-stage chemical propellant, the warhead was capable of detonating before it strikes the target; which permitted the radioactive materials within to violently spread from the rocket’s intended destination point.
- Curious Side-Effect: Due to the supposed, and conventional structure of Lightsabres, which essentially was nothing more than a “frozen-blaster beam,” and the projected construction of a conventional deflector shield - the Shieldbreaker was capable of destabilizing the plasmatic edge, if not causing the blade to dissipate entirely. While the Sabre-Jockey would be able to simply reignite their weapon, they would have to contend with molten portions of fragmented metal being flung at their person; Naturally, the effects would vary from one person to another.
- Cannot be Used Without the Escalation - Pattern Wrist Rocket.
- Requires a Plasmatic Shield to “Break.” - Useless against Physical Barriers; Such as Bucklers, Tower Shields, Walls, and Etc.
- Shield Dependant - Stronger Shields Decrease the Effectiveness of the Shieldbreaker.
- Highly Ionized and Irradiated Materials - Sustained, and Consistent Contact with Organic Material can cause Radiation Poisoning, or alter one’s bioelectric field in an unpleasant way that may lead towards injury. (Protection Advised.)
- Little to No Effects on Droids, or other Electronics.
The GC/T-33wr “Shieldbreaker” was an ambitious endeavour that the Golden Company undertook at the behest of several of their members, including the infamous Twisuns Praetor; Khonsu Amon. They demanded that the Escalation-Pattern Rocket have a weaponized core that could increase their combat versatility - especially against a well-defended, and entrenched foe. As one can imagine, many quarrels and plasma cartridges were spent in vain as the Sun Guard’s sought to brute force their way through any projected barrier that impeded their path. This was not including the times when the shield generator was visible and was easily rendered inoperable by the deployment of their solarized weapons. Thus, the Scions of Thyrsus needed something to ensure that their kit was well-rounded.
While they already had access to ionized rockets, the effects they weren’t enough to make them viable for anything other than a mass collection of uninsulated droids. Therefore, they needed something more specialized - to which they looked towards the T-33 Plasma Torpedo that they already had in their possession. From this ancient piece of archaeotech, the Thyrsians managed to downscale the entire weapon into a portable form; which had downscaled the effects of being able to bust starfighter or starship-grade shields, but ensured that the Sun Guard’s demands were met in full.
The Effects of the Shieldbreaker varied from deflector shield to deflector shield, as not every projector was built up to the same standards, or protected the same object. The weaponized core wouldn’t be able to burst the barriers of a large vehicle or a dropship, but it would be capable of destabilizing a localized area long enough for an object to pass through relatively unharmed; be it a demolitions charge or a Force Lance. The smaller and more personal the shield got, the more likely it was that the rocket’s effects would render the deflector screen inoperable; essentially busting it and forcing the operator to reboot the whole system. As one can imagine, this would take a few seconds - but on the battlefield - those few seconds were the only measure between living to fight another day, or becoming yet another corpse.
Due to the structure of conventional Lightsabres, the Shieldbreaker found itself equipped with a curious side-effect against such an elegant weapon, meant for a more civilized time. It’s highly ionized and irradiated materials were capable of tearing the magnetic field encapsulating the Plasmatic weapon; forcing the beam of “frozen plasma” within to violently dissipate. While it was more than possible for the bearer of such a weapon to simply reignite their blade, but as mentioned before - that presented an opportunity for any cunning Thyrsian to exploit.
With the T-33wr “Shieldbreaker” added to their ever-growing arsenal, the Sun Guards proved to be the most dangerous mercenaries in the galaxy, that money could buy.