OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To resubmit the ETA-4 Interceptor, formally of the Dark Jedi Order, now refurbished and in the possession of the Jedi Academy Network as part of the Temple of Rannon's restoration and contribution to the Jedi of the Galaxy.
Image Source: Eta-4 Interceptor.
Canon Link: Not Applicable.
Restricted Missions: Not Applicable.
Primary Source: Starfighter.
Manufacturer: House Arenais.
Model: ETA-4 Interceptor.
Material: Transparisteel, Titanium, Quadanium reinforced frame.
Length: Moderate 12 meters.
Width: Average 3.5 meters.
Height: Average 7 meters.
Squadron Count: Moderate.
Maneuverability Rating: Moderate.
Speed Rating: Moderate.
Hyperdrive Class: Low.
- Single Manned Starfighter.
- Co-Pilot, Astromech Droid (Required).
Consumables: One Month.
- Dedicated Communications Array (Secured Frequency to the Jedi Academy Network).
- Long range weapons targeting and tracking system.
- Navigation's and reconnaissance database.
- Emergency Hazard Control Systems.
- Low Grade Single Tractor Beam (For the transport of objects and resources).
- Moderate Defense thanks to High grade Shield deflectors, and thermal countermeasures. The Starfighter has been built to prioritize the defense of the small and typically vulnerable class of craft where it's firepower is considered fairly standard by default.
- Dogfighters, the best kind of enemy is the ETA-4's own kind. Well capable of putting up a good fight against smaller craft such as interceptors, Starfighters and light transports, these vessels are built for fast and light combat both in space and in the air.
- Low Grade Armaments having prioritized the vessels defense over fire-power, the blaster cannon's and proton torpedo's are nothing unlike what's seen on most other typical Starfighters of the Galaxy.
- Small and Fragile, like every Starfighter out there, these vessels often come with an extremely limited life expectancy and with good reason. Compared to larger craft, the overall defense even while being prioritized is still capable of being blown out of the sky by corvettes or larger vessels.
With The Rannon Jedi Temple and the Raider Class Jedi Assault Cruiser now in the hands of the Jedi Academy Network, enabling all Jedi across the Galaxy to travel to and make use of the Temple's facilities and Fleet, the last asset on Veiere's list of tasks was to have the ETA-4 Jedi Interceptors cleaned up and repaired, primed and ready for active field duty once more, this time under the stewardship of the Keepers of the Peace.
The ETA-4 Interceptor is the first class of Starfighters built for the former Dark Jedi Order's personal fleet, with the intention of filling the hangars within the Raider Class Heavy Cruiser for priority defense and taking the war to other smaller vessels.
Given Gyndine's part in the manufacturing of the Raider Class, with every new cruiser produced, the ETA-4 series are stored within their Hangar bays for maintenance and easy transport to the planet of Rannon where they will remain until the need arises that they be used in warfare.
Edited by Veiere Arenais, 16 December 2018 - 11:29 PM.