Help! Please.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Theseus Reneun

Theseus Reneun
  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 154 posts
Short Description: Redirect to Database error page when accessing mail, and inaccessible notifications.

Browser: Chrome (On phone if relevant?), not sure if it extends beyond this.

Severity: All my accounts at the very least... Update: Apparently it extends to other users as well..

Description: Whenever I attempt to open a message. I get redirected to a database error page. That states that either I can try refreshing the page, or an administrator will need to fix the error. I have been unable to get past the page by means of refreshing, and having giving it a couple hours to see if time will solve the troubles.

Additionally. I am unable to pull up my notifications, at all. It is just the spinning circle as my phone processes the request. Till my device get's bored and gives up on the attempt.

Finally.. Apparently when I post a topic such as this.. I get a driver error message for the site itself.. Yet, I am apparently able to post topics, and open them. Though when my posts are submitted it redirects me.

Link to Thread: N/A

Edited by Theseus Reneun, 18 December 2018 - 01:39 AM.

Siobhan Kerrigan

Siobhan Kerrigan

Karishzar

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 8,316 posts

I'm likewise getting a driver error if I try to open my pms. Refreshing the page does not help. This is the message I get:

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again. 

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

And I seem unable to access my notifications. I do not get an error report, but they just never open up.

Edited by Siobhan Kerrigan, 18 December 2018 - 01:18 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Laira Darkhold

Laira Darkhold

Jedi Princess

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,606 posts

Same issues as above for me. Seems to be PM and Notifications only so far.

Armcore

Armcore
  • Writers
  • 3 posts
I'm on the same boat with Y'all.
I get the exact same message when trying to open pages other than the Index and can't open notifications at all.

Rash

Rash

The Grumpy Old Man

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 43 posts

Huh.

I have no problem viewing threads, but notifications just don't open up when I try to view them.

ezgif-2-37838635f57f.gifezgif-2-54286e310fa6.gif

YNvbph8.jpg

Theseus Reneun

Theseus Reneun
  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 154 posts
Rash

The only time that the driver error came up for me topic related. Was when I posted this as a new topic. I should of listed it as an update. As prior to this it was only messages, and notifications being troublesome.

Update: As well as whenever I make a new entry post. I might add. Editing posts, and viewing topics hold no consequences for me. Just trying to add topics, and posts to topics.

As it just happened again when I submitted this new post.

Edited by Theseus Reneun, 18 December 2018 - 01:59 AM.

Siobhan Kerrigan

Siobhan Kerrigan

Karishzar

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 8,316 posts
Update: As well as whenever I make a new entry post. I might add. Editing posts, and viewing topics hold no consequences for me. Just trying to add topics, and posts to topics. As it just happened again when I submitted this new post.

I seem to be having the same issue, in addition to being unable to check pms or notifications. Just made a post in a different thread and got a driver error, though the post went through. Also happened again when I made this post.

Edited by Siobhan Kerrigan, 18 December 2018 - 04:01 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Coci Heavenshield

Coci Heavenshield

Dawnguard Grand Master

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 12,847 posts

I am having the same problem as the above people. Can't open notifications, and mail redirects to the database error. Just posted something and got the error message as well, but the post went through.

UL8HqDk.gif

aKrtVKp.jpgng5zqe.jpg    4dsxBxR.jpg qgxVdYf.jpg

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,910 posts

Coci Heavenshield Me too. Posts go up, but database error comes up. At least the site's running at speed though. :)

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

best-mando.gif

Scherezade deWinter

Scherezade deWinter

The Blood Hound

• Codex Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 3,779 posts

Likewise.

R5DUv0y.pngEJHxuPJ.gifbOS98P.gif

Nessaroze.gif

bgL1bz.gif

Micah

Micah

Ender Kitten

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,064 posts

Same.

Press post, get a database error. Refresh the site and the post is there.

I also can't access my PMs or notifications though, as Siobhan Kerrigan described above. If I click on a PM, it just takes me to a database error.

micah_sig03.png

N76kI5D.pngQ9XImVF.png5yzIXJs.png

Marina DeVoe

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... please take your seat.

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 5,128 posts

oi... the gods just don't want me to have fun here anymore. :(

Edit: I got the same error when I posted the above. But upon refresh I discovered it had posted nonetheless.It's the sith, plain and simple.

Edited by Marina DeVoe, 18 December 2018 - 07:17 AM.

cyYj7rD.png

Natalija

Natalija

Dark Blade

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,206 posts

Same. Vhen-ever i post, i get a error screen after. Good thing is, it dont afect my posts. I refresh, and i see the post is maked.

I prefer geting error screens to waiting 1+ min then geting 504s, so... i dont mind. The site is prety fast now, and those error pages are a necesary evil i guess.

Luna Terrik

Luna Terrik

The Fallen Angel

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 190 posts

I'm having this error as well. Can't access my PMs nor my notifications without getting the whole error message thingy. It's not something that I can't live without, but I would like to be able to know when (IF >.>) I'm tagged in things. I know y'all have a lot on your plates though, so they'll be no pressure to fix this quickly from me. 

4TqflAp.gif

Luna Terrik

Luna Terrik

The Fallen Angel

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 190 posts

Mulitpost due to getting the driver message from sending a message to this topic too?

Edited by Dauntless.Luna, 18 December 2018 - 10:07 PM.

4TqflAp.gif

Aiden

Aiden

The First Son

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,301 posts

Srina Talon

I don't know if you know this...but I'm having issues with this too. Kthx.

Aiden.gif

Theseus Reneun

Theseus Reneun
  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 154 posts
It seemed better for awhile... Though the problem has returned. A short bit after the same time as I first noticed it the previous evening. Almost...

Captain Jordan

Captain Jordan
  • Writers
  • 419 posts

Yep, it's back. Can't access notifications, or PMs right now, much to my consternation.

Siobhan Kerrigan

Siobhan Kerrigan

Karishzar

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 8,316 posts

Things were back to normal for me yesterday.

But now I'm having the same problems again.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Laira Darkhold

Laira Darkhold

Jedi Princess

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,606 posts

Same as above.