OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a bridge between the Legends Canon the site was built on and Disney's new Canon
- Image Credit: Star Wars Rebels; Image Found on Wookiepedia ; Eric Felten
- Canon: No
- Links: -
- Astronomical Location Name: Concord Dawn
- Classification: Destroyed Moon
- Location: Moon of Concord Dawn
- Rotational Period: 48 Hours
- Orbital Period: 465
- Size: Large
- Population: Sparsely Populated
- Concord Dawn Miners
- Accessibility: The moon Concord Dawn was difficult to operate in due to the debris field that surrounded it and the planet Concord Dawn
- Description: Concord Dawn was the largest of the three moons orbiting the planet of the same name, Concord Dawn. While the moon used to support life, its atmosphere was all but eroded and much of the moon was scattered in a massive debris field that encircled concord dawn and its two other moons. On the surface of the massive moon mining platforms were constructed both by the Mandalorian Empire and local private corporations. Plant life that had flourished once was petrified in place and surface water had all long evaporated or been drained. In the portions of the planet that had not been broken apart large subterranean lakes of frozen water were able to be found and was also mined by the people of Concord Dawn. Frozen water could be found in the debris field of Concord Dawn as well as the doonium and ciridium the moon was known for. It was rumored that Te Veman, the Mandalorian extremist group, held a small shadow port or fighter base somewhere in the debris field or on the surface but it wasn't something that was talked about or even worried about. Several of the Outlaw Gangs on Concord Dawn however utilized the debris field to rob incoming ships and utilized the large debris as small holdouts.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- The Concord's Belt: The name of the huge debris field that encircled Concord Dawn and its three moons. Made from the debris of the massive moon, it was home to Belters and Prospectors, essentially workers and mine owners. The Concordian Belt held ice mines, doonium, ciridium, and a variety of other useful minerals and metals. It was rumored that Te Veman and other Outlaw Gangs on Concord Dawn used the Belt to hide from the law.
- Mandalorian Imperial Mining Facility: A large mining facility on the surface of Concord Dawn, the mine was run and owned by the Mandalorian Empire. Metals and minerals from this mine were used by the Mandalorian Empire in their shipyards and factories while any ice that was mined was sold off to local corporations, individuals, and farmers for use on the planet's arid surface or sold to desert worlds within Mandalorian Space. It was protected by four turbolaser towers and Mandalorain Imperial troops.
- The Great Sea: One of the larger chunks in the Concord's Belt, the Great Sea was the massive chunk of ice that had once been Concord Dawn's only ocean. Several ice mines were located here.
- The Iris: A space station located in the Concord's Belt. It was once the largest mining operation in the system before the Mandalorian Empire moved in. Since its original owner passed the mining operation has been taken over by a self-proclaimed ruler of the station and has become a bed for illicit activity in the system.
SECURITY: Very Low
Security on Concord Dawn and the Concord's Belt was very low, with the greatest amount of security being near and around the Mandalorian Empire's mine on the surface. A pair of Mandalorian Gunships defend the facility with a small contingent of D7 droids on the surface to protect against ground attacks and two ground to space turbolasers protect from starship assault. Other than that the moon was relatively undefended and unexplored with plenty of places for criminals to hide out in. Concord's Belt was even less defended as the debris field made it so dangerous for pilots that the meager Concord Dawn defense force and law enforcement rarely patrolled the area outside of right before large and important shipments to and from the surface of planet Concord Dawn.
Destroyed during a Mandalorian war long forgotten, Concord Dawn was the largest moon of the planet by the same name, Concord Dawn. At one point it was the main Mandalorian colony in the system, however its doonium, dallorium, and ciridium mines made it a prime target during a civil war that would see the moon destroyed. The battle left the moon scared and sent large chunks of the moon to the surface of the planet Concord Dawn, leaving some places on that planet in ruin as well. The moon however became uninhabitable, but its resources were still valuable. The large debris field it created became known as Concord's Belt and mining operations began almost as soon as the Mandalorians had fled. It was heavily mined during the time of Palpatine's Empire for its doonium and would later become a base of operations for Mandalorians again in yet another civil war after the Empire fell.
In more recent history the moon continued in its capacity as a mine, though large portions of the moon had long been rendered without ore. Advances in mining technologies however meant that mining corporations could dig deeper into untapped veins than was possible during the time of Palpatine's Empire. The moon became the unsung hero of the arid farming world and provided much needed water, minerals, and ore for sale on the galactic market. Once the system came under Mandalorian Empire control however large-scale mining operations began again in earnest. The Mandalorians utilized the dallorium for its highly contentious solar shipyard, and heavily mined its cirdium for the highly popular Mandalorian Steel. The moon became a topic of hot debate between the people of Concord Dawn and the Mandalorian Empire's mining guild as many on the planet of Concord Dawn had for generations used the mines to live and many more had lived their entire lives in the Belt or on the moon's surface as miners but the Mandalorian Empire's large mining facility essentially forced many from their mines as the miners guild bought up the land and debris. The largest privately owned facility and mining operation in the system, The Iris, competed heavily for for remaining mines in the system.
The moon of Concord Dawn was also home to many raiders and Outlaws as the heavy mineral deposits made blanket scanning almost useless and Concord's Belt itself was incredibly dangerous to fly through which meant patrols were incredibly scarce outside of large and important shipments to the planet itself. Concord Dawn was a hotbed for violence, illicit activity, and general tomfoolery but was also one of the best opportunities for youth that wanted to make good money on the planet of Concord Dawn.
Edited by Gilamar Skirata, 02 January 2019 - 06:29 PM.