OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create the jungle home world for the Extant species.
- Image Credit: DENDRO by Geoffrey Soudant; Garden of TItans by Jakub Cervenka
- Canon: N/A
- Links: N/A
- Planet Name: Kasim
- Demonym: Kasi
- Region: Outer Rim, Wild Space
- System Name: Kasi
- System Features: 1 Star, 4 uninhabitable, arid, planets with two to four moons each, 1 habitable planet (Kasim) with 1 moon, 1 dangerous asteroid belt surrounding the system
- Coordinates: AK, 38
- Major Imports: N/A
- Major Exports:
- Gravity: Comparable to standard, slightly greater.
- Climate: Temperate / Fertile
- Primary Terrain: Jungle
- Atmosphere: Type II
- Major Locations:
- The Mouth: Near the equator of the planet, and at the center of the largest, central, landmass, are a series of elevated plateaus. Each plateau is encircled by a wider, yet lower in elevation, plateau covered in lush flora and vibrant waterfalls and countless rivers, lakes, and tributaries, with all of these elevated landmass sitting atop a massive mesa that is mostly surrounded by a series of waterfalls fed by rivers running over its sides. At seven points around this mesa are seven massive cliff formations that jut up from the ground surrounding the tableland, and rise far above even the highest plateau on the mesa. Resting in the center of this mesa, at the top of the highest plateau, is a large spring that feeds a massive lake that in turn feeds into every river, tributary, and waterfall on the mesa and much of the surrounding landscape. When viewed from far in the sky this resembles a gigantic mouth. [Image below]
- Native Species: The Extant, Numerous avian species, countless insect species, countless forms of flora (such as large trees, grasses, flowers, and other plans)
- Immigrated Species: Paleopteran (Temporarily, formerly)
- Population: Largely Uninhabited
- Demographics: 98% Native species, 2% Paleopteran
- Primary Languages: N/A
- Culture: N/A
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
- Government: None
- Affiliation: N/A
- Wealth: N/A
- Stability: There is no government or economy.
- Freedom & Oppression: N/A
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
- Military: There is no military.
- Technology: Pre-Inter System travel
Be sure to cover the following information in at least three paragraphs:
The world of Kasim is a jungle world that has gone countless ages untouched by sentient life. It is a wild world, ruled by nature and the creatures that dwell within, its native wild life. For millions of years the planet, and consequently its system, have remained hidden within its surrounding asteroid belt at the edge of the Outer Rim in the furthest depths of Wild Space, avoided in part due to the dangerous nature of attempting to traverse the asteroid belt itself which surrounds it. Untouched by foreign life, the species native to Kasim were free to thrive, grow, and change over time with no interference from the galaxy that lie just beyond the very asteroid belt that kept it so confined.
This changed, briefly, in the year 850 BBY - a nomadic group wandered into the Kasi system in search for new potential homes and resources to gather. What this led to, instead, was the introduction of the planet's native parasite, the Extant, to a sentient species for the first time. For the same reason many galactic scholars and xenobiologists typically recommend avoiding making contact with newly discovered worlds without properly studying them from a distance for years first, the evolutionary trajectory for the Extant species - and the course of history for the world of Kasim - was set to change forever.
The expeditionary group was brought to its knees from the moment their numbers began to become host to the mind-controlling parasites native to the jungle world. Even as they realized what they had just exposed themselves to, and vice versa, the effects of the expedition were irreversible - a parasitic species that shared a collective consciousness and intelligence, a hive mind for lack of a better term, with each of their individual hive colonies was now gaining sentience and advancing at a rapid pace as their hives came into possession of these expeditionary hosts unfortunate enough to be infected by these tiny parasites. By the time they had fled, their numbers had dwindled to a small shadow of what they had arrived with, leaving behind a rapidly changing ecosystem as the Extant hives obtained a degree of intelligence that would prove to be their greatest threat to the rest of the galaxy, and had altered the future of the jungle world of Kasim forever as the ever-adapting Extant hives began to stage their move to exit the secluded system.
Edited by Lily Kuhn, 05 January 2019 - 09:17 PM.