MC140/C SCYTHE-TYPE STAR CRUISER
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: A Strike Cruiser for the Resistance
Image Source: [x]
Canon Link: MC140 Scythe-class Main Battle Cruiser
Primary Source: Not Applicable
- AR-0B Damage Reduction Armor
- Turadium Frame
- Starship Components
Classification: Strike Cruiser
Length: 500 Meters
Width: 211.4 Meters
Height: 385.7 Meters
[Extreme Full Power to Weapons]
- Long Range Triple Turbolaser Cannons (8)
- Long Range Ion Cannons (6)
- Dual Heavy Turbolaser Cannons (8)
- Light Turbolaser Turrets (8)
- Energy Torpedo Projectors (4)
- Warhead Launchers (4)
- Quad Laser Cannons (20)
- ACS Witch Fire CIWS (10)
- Ra Defense Missile Turrets (4)
[High Full Power to Shields]
- Redundant Deflector Shields
Hangar: Very Low
- Dropships, Light Freighters, Shuttles, Transports (4)
Minimum Crew: 820
Optimum Crew: 3,240
Passenger Capacity: 600
Cargo Capacity: 3,000 Metric Tons
Consumables: 1 Year
Maneuverability Rating: Average
Speed Rating: Average
[High Full Power to Engines]
Hyperdrive Class: 1.0
Backup Hyperdrive Class: 8.0
The MC140/C is a modernized version of its ancient and aging counterparts, featuring updated systems and sensors, standard computer systems and securities, as well as allowing for these to be regularly updated to meet current technological standards.
- Advanced Targeting Computers
- Power Converter
- Cross of Fire: Most of the vessel’s weapons are mounted on its signature forward prow, allowing them to minimize the area struck by its weapons, thus maximizing its weapons’ effectiveness against armor, hull, and shields. Rumors of MC140/C’s sawing much larger Star Destroyers in half with concentrated and sustained fire have been heard because of this feature.
- Power Converter: The new models now include Power Converters and a small reserve Power Generator, which allows them to boost one of their combat systems in battle, or assist with a rapid startup sequence.
- Single Fire Arc: Almost all of the ship’s weapons are only able to fire in front of it, making its sides, top, bottom difficult for it to defend against enemy assaults, and its rear almost defenseless.
- Unassigned Energy: In combat, the reserve power must be assigned by the crew or droid or it is not utilized or directed. This means when ambushed by enemy craft, the vessel is not able to perform at its full potential for a time.
- One System at a Time: The corvette’s power converter can only direct its reserve power to a single combat system at a time, taking several moments to stop the flow of energy to one system, redirect it, and begin the flow of energy to the next system.
The MC140 Scythe was once the mainstay vessel of the Galactic Alliance and Galactic Federation Triumvirate before the Gulag plague and has been one of the more successful classifications of ships since the end of the four hundred year darkness. Having seen several variants and operational overhauls, the MC140 has been the pride of Mon Calamari design for decades if not centuries.
The MC140/C is the Mon Calamari Shipyards take on the vessel designed and built for the Resistance to provide the founding military force with a frontline cruiser to be produced and deployed in small numbers. The class’s weaponry has been altered to fit a more versatile role as both a brawler and artillery cruiser, and its systems, computers, communications, and sensors updated to technological standard with easily updated banks to keep them in line with modern cruisers.
Offensively, the MC140/C is outfitted with four triplet turbolaser turrets capable of long range fire on either side of its signature Prow Blade, three long range Ion cannons with similar range and accuracy, and four dual heavy turbolasers for close range combat. Given its power converter and energy diversion systems it is able to use the most effective weapon at any given range and funnel the maximum amount of its offensive power through that weapon, giving it a static offensive capability regardless of range. Four assault warhead launchers normally meant to launch assault proton rockets or intruder missiles at close range enemy craft. For assisting long range and extreme range artillery strikes the MC140/C is equipped with four Energy Torpedo projectors, a new addition to the class’s armament left over from a Mon Calamari Shipyard design.
Defensive weaponry provides overlapping fields of fire, however like previous models the class suffers from having its weapons fixated on a single point. It has limited firing arcs, with all of its primary weapons only able to fire in the forward, dorsal, and ventral arcs. It has a handful of Light Turbolasers spread across its hull to ward off enemy corvettes and defensive weaponry to protect from starfighters and missiles, however it still struggles when combating much quicker enemy ships it is unable to realign itself to focus its firepower against.
Overlapping redundant shield deflectors like other mon calamari designs, matrix armor hull with interior defenses and layered armor like any other MC ship has been limited and scaled down on the MC140 to make space for its extensive offensive weaponry and hangar space.
Edited by Laira Darkhold, 11 January 2019 - 12:00 AM.