TSICAH-CLASS CHISS STAR CARRIER
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To submit a limited, high capacity carrier Star Destroyer for the Chiss Ascendancy
- Image Source: Star wars wikia
- Canon Link: Chiss Carrier, Venator-Class Star Destroyer
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Chiss Ascendancy
- Model: Tsicah-Class Chiss Star Carrier
- Affiliation: Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet
- Production: Limited
- Material: Duranium-Trimantium hull, Quadanium frame and reinforcement, Durasteel, Turadium blast-doors/shutters, Glasteel viewports, Agrinium reactor shielding
- Classification: Support Carrier
- Length: 1137m
- Width: 548m
- Height: 268m
- Armament: Very Low
- Defenses: High
- Hangar: Extreme (10)
- Maneuverability Rating: Low
- Speed Rating: Low
- Hyperdrive Class: Average (1.25; class 15 backup)
- Communication Systems:
- Environmental Systems:
- Propulsion Systems:
- Sensor and Targeting Systems:
- Dual bridge tower design
- Bow-mounted 500m long dorsal flight deck & heavily armored bow doors
- Prefabricated Garrison Base
- Structural Reinforcement for atmospheric surface landings
- Anticoncussion Field
- The Tsicah boasts a large hangar capacity, complete with dorsal flight deck, for rapid fighter launches in large numbers.
- Structural reinforcement allows for surface landing, affording rapid material, resupply and troop/vehicle drop off in ground missions.
- Carries a prefabricated garrison base, allowing for rapid base deployment for ground forces.
- Anticoncussion field assists with structural integrity and defense against kinetic energy (blasts, collisions, and other impacts such as ground landings) when active.
- Low weaponry compared to most vessels its size, certainly not its specialty.
- The Chiss Hyperdrive is still susceptible to interdiction effects.
- Prominent bridge towers make obvious target.
- Bow doors, while heavily armored, are slow to open and close, leaving the ship vulnerable during this transition.
- Limited front line combat capability, relies heavily on starfighter squadrons and other Chiss vessels to take combat focus.
- Anticoncussion fields require moderate energy to remain active, requiring controlled activation.
- Rear of vessel more vulnerable to attack, with limited defensive weaponry angling that direction.
The Tsicah-Class Star Carrier is a common sight within the Chiss Ascendancy, used within the CEDF, and primarily serves as a support vessel. It is not uncommon to see this ship on the edges of a Chiss fleet, providing fighter squadrons and long ranged fire. The most notable feature is the long flight deck, located on the bow, which opens heavy bay doors that allow large numbers of fighters to launch quickly. Additionally, the dual bridge towers have been divided into distinct function setups - the port tower is for starfighter operations, while the starboard tower is for helm and command operations. Though lacking in firepower, the Tsicah has a high defense capability, though still requires other fleet vessels to take away combat focus in battle to compensate its lack of attack power.
Equipped with the new standards of the Chiss Ascendancy, including targeting and signaling systems and hyperdrives, the Tsicah is a capable Star Carrier able to provide quick support in both space and surface instances. For the latter, the reinforced structure of the ship affords it atmospheric surface landing, allowing for rapid ground force deployment and supply. Additionally, the anticoncussion fields assist in ground landings, while also adding to defensive capabilities in combat. Containing a prefabricated garrison base further assists with the Tsicah's capacity for ground mission support, allowing for rapid zone control.
All in all, a high-capacity fleet carrier and ground support vessel, able to handle small-scale confrontations defensively; though its lack of weaponry means it must rely on larger vessels to protect it or take combat focus away from it in battle.
Edited by Thorne, 13 January 2019 - 01:41 AM.