OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A standard ship weapon for the Sanguinity´s new generation of ships.
- Image Source: None available.
- Canon Link: None.
- Primary Source: Macrocannon
- Manufacturer: The Sanguinity
- Affiliation: Open-Market
- Model: SS-Mk VII Capital Cannon
- Modularity: No
- Material: Standard
- Classification: "Slugthrower"
- Size: Very Large
- Weight: Very Heavy
- Ammunition Type: APHE-DS shells (armour-piercing high-explosive discarding sabot)
- Ammunition Capacity: 1
Reload Speed: Slow
- Effective Range: Long Range
- Rate of Fire: Low
- Stopping Power: Very High
- Recoil: Extreme
- Tungsten-Neuranium Rounds with Chepatite Impact Explosive Propellant and a Rutgar-4-Baradium Nitrat Core.
- Short Fuse.
- Armour-Piercing: The shells are capable of piercing very thick armour even while angled.
- Iron Tearer: The shells core and internal workings are based around the idea of penetrating the outer hull and armour and detonating with much explosive energy directly at the outer areas to tear apart the hull from inside.
- Marksman: The high velocity and calibre make the weapon very accurate.
- Deflector stopper: The shells, while highly effective versus "naked" ships, having difficulties penetrating or even bringing down enemy shields.
- Breech Loader: The guns need much longer to reload than ordinary energy or laser weapons.
- Sealed heart: An explosive hit in one of the magazines would result in a catastrophic explosion.
The Mk VII capital cannon is the main weapon of the new generation of the Sanguinity´s naval forces. Designed as a broadside weapon for direct encounters and brawling. It features the strong emphasis of the Sanguine culture to be close to the dying enemy. The large guns are breech-loaded by rather simple elevation and movement mechanics. The shells are transported to the gun decks from the inner magazines which are extremely armoured and sealed.
The weapon has an extreme recoil to accelerate the special shells to give them their devastating potential, though thanks to the void and the ships construction, it does not influence the operating capabilities.