CR90 LET'LESCETI-CLASS CORVETTE
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To submit a minor produced anti-starfighter corvette for the Chiss Ascendancy
- Image Source: Star wars wikia
- Canon Link: CR90 Corvette
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Chiss Ascendancy
- Model: CR90 Let'lesceti-Class Corvette
- Affiliation: Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet; House Phalanxes
- Production: Minor
- Material: Duranium-Trimantium hull, Quadanium frame and reinforcement, Durasteel, Turadium blast-doors/shutters, Glasteel viewports, Agrinium reactor shielding
- Classification: Anti-starfighter Corvette
- Length: 150m
- Width: 48.6m
- Height: 32.6m
- Armament: High
- Defenses: Moderate
- Hangar: Low (0)
- Escape Pods
- Maneuverability Rating: Average
- Speed Rating: Average
- Hyperdrive Class: Average (1.25; class 15 backup)
- Communication Systems:
- Environmental Systems:
- Propulsion Systems:
- Sensor and Targeting Systems:
- Adapted spitfire rapid-fire laser cannons, which now utilize Chiss maser tech in a dual-configuration
- Targeting Computers calibrated for rapid acquisition & starfighter attack/defense screening
- CR90 Corvette systems and specifications brought up to modern standards by Chiss engineers
- The Let'lesceti is a modernized CR90 Corvette, boasting good speed and durability for the present galaxy.
- Boasts numerous rapid-fire dual-maser cannons that fire rapidly with low power consumption.
- Targeting and turret systems calibrated for fighting quick moving starfighter targets in close ranges.
- Carries a single dorsal-mounted heavy turbolaser cannon for more armored fighter/bomber variants.
- Short attack range vessel, with little-to-no mid or long range capability.
- Rapidfire dual-maser cannons limited in effectiveness against similar or larger vessel classes.
- Heavy turbolaser cannon requires high power reserves, limiting firing capability to short bursts rather than sustained fire.
- The Chiss Hyperdrive is still susceptible to interdiction effects.
- Prominent bridge make obvious target.
- Very specialized anti-fighter specifications, limiting versatility in combat engagements.
- Limited front line combat capability, easily overpowered by larger vessels with longer ranged weaponry.
- Rear of vessel more vulnerable to attack, with limited weaponry angling that direction.
The CR90 Let'lesceti-Class Corvette is a common sight within the Chiss Ascendancy, used within the CEDF and House Phalanxes, and primarily serves as an anti-starfighter support vessel. It is not uncommon to see this ship on the edges of a Chiss fleet, providing defense screens for larger vessels against starfighter squadrons. The most notable feature is the replacement of previous laser cannons to numerous spitfire rapidfire dual-maser cannons, ideal for outputting high fire rates with low power consumption. Due to the specialized anti-starfighter role the Let'lesceti plays, Chiss engineers felt maintaining the slower moving and slower firing cannons wasn't conducive to performing the task. There remains a single heavy turbolaser cannon on the dorsal emplacement, allowing the Let'lesceti to fire at heavier fighter/freighter variants if required; but using the cannon drains power reserves rapidly, requiring slower burst fire, rather than sustained fire.
Equipped with the new standards of the Chiss Ascendancy, including targeting and signaling systems and hyperdrives, the Let'lesceti is a more modern CR90 model that is capable of performing well in present battlefields. Not only have the armor, systems and power supplies been updated, but the techs went a step further and calibrated the Let'lesceti systems to be ideal for starfighter engagements. This did cost the Corvette the mid-to-long range capacity it is usually known for, but balance had to be maintained. Keeping with Chiss standards, a conner net warhead tubes have been included in the armament.
All in all, a highly effective anti-starfighter support vessel, able to hinder fighter squadrons in short range encounters; though its lack of powerful and mid-to-long ranged weaponry means it must rely on targeting smaller vessels at closer ranges in battle, unlike other standard corvettes.